Home

Weapon strengths

Yun

Originally posted by kingguru

All weapons are interchangable. My last test was locals on maps, I gace ewoks lightsabers, wookies spears etc.. so far every weapon Ive tested on every map is interchangable.

I'd be interested in hearing what you've discovered about the weapons, I haven't looked into them much so far. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Look, I'm a modder. My Father was a modder. My mother was a modder.:cool:

Skins, textures, terrain. That's all good to mod.

But weapons should be part of a mod pack for a server/client package. If everyone is not going to be on a even playing field the game will stink for MP play. And if people are going to run mods, I think they should name it their on their room title. That's the way it was in UO.

Just my two cents: worth to the world.02/100,

net worth: priceless

Viiny :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TEXVINDICTIVE

Look, I'm a modder. My Father was a modder. My mother was a modder.:cool:

Skins, textures, terrain. That's all good to mod.

But weapons should be part of a mod pack for a server/client package. If everyone is not going to be on a even playing field the game will stink for MP play. And if people are going to run mods, I think they should name it their on their room title. That's the way it was in UO.

Just my two cents: worth to the world.02/100,

net worth: priceless

Viiny :rolleyes:

I don't really think this will be an issue... if people want to change their weapon strengths in the client side to mess around in single player, fine, but I doubt they would be able to connect to a server that wasn't modded exactly the same way. Even if they could, the server wouldn't recognise their super one-hit-kill blaster, so when they 'killed' someone with it they'd desynch with the server and most likely be dropped out.

On the other hand, if the server was modded the same way, everyone would still be on a level playing field since they'd all have the new weapons.. hopefully we can get some modded servers running soon to see what can be changed server-side without having to change client files.

Archived