Home

LucasArts plans to end its agreement with SOE

Tatoo

I found this on GameSpot and sorry if this have been said before. Any way... it says like this:

RUMOR #4: LucasArts plans to end its agreement with Sony Online Entertainment to host Star Wars: Galaxies.

Source: The number one nerd news network, Slashdot.

The official story: Neither LucasArts nor SOE had responded as of press time.

What we heard: Saying the rumor was "Heard through the grapevine," the Slashdot piece references two articles on Miss Match and Star Wars Galaxies: War Cry, which said there is strife between the Galaxies maker and host. "Now the day after the Jump to Lightspeed expansion goes live, they plan to announce the second expansion pack and the divorce between SOE and LucasArts," read the Miss Match article. "They will then give update us on the changes that will be made when LucasArts takes the controls." However, both articles admit to being very speculative. "Rumor is a nasty beast that leads Past The swamps of heresay (sic), through the forest of tittle-tattle to the Dark Castle of Speculation, and pretty soon your in the Lost Dungeons of assumption blindly flailing about for the lost chalice of Scandal," read the War Cry post.

Bogus or not bogus?: We'll find out October 27, the day after the Jump to Lightspeed expansion ships.

If this is true, maybe galaxies will finally, in the long run actully be a real Star Wars game instead of a "Pet Zoo, Jedi - Galaxies".

(I am not playing this game anymore because of the lack of content and Jedi and pet spam and the endless GRIND)

You can find the News here on the bottom of that page.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Rumours are fun.

http://www.lucasarts.com/jobs/descriptions/?ID=director

But sometimes the smallest thing can flame the rumour.

If Lucasarts decide to pull SOE from Galaxies, there would be no question that the game could and should improve. All I read on the SOE/Galaxy forums are negative posts about the game - with the author getting banned and the post being deleted/locked.

The game is far from perfect - it has no content, plummeting numbers have probably sent alarm bells ringing because with the time and investment by Lucasarts, Galaxies could end up becoming 2003/2004's white elephant.

And to be honest, giving just one month public beta testing for JTLS before release is suicide and only means one thing: revamp central!

DMUK

Originally posted by Prime

I've avoided this game from the get go, and it looks like I was right, for me at least...

Yeah... The only reason I stayed as long as I did is I thought things would get better. Instead they just get worse and I decided to jump ship before JTL.

The game is so messed up I don't think anything can fix what has been done. Maybe at the beginning things could have been made better, but they have piled crap on top of crap. It feels like a RPG that wants to be a FPS. Looking at JTL the developers seem to think the same way.

In my personal opinion they should remove all the Combat RPG crap and make it twitch based like Battlefront or JA. Maybe with some minor RPG skill enhancements for the sake of RPGing. Like as you go up in a skill a move becomes available much the same way, but you have to execute it like a twitch based game. TKA could be like Mortal Combat and unlocking special movies. The only thing that was good about the game is the crafting system and that needs work.

I don't understand why they give NPC hominoids higher levels like 8000 ham points to make them hard? NPCs have level, but players don't? The enemies are artificially hard. Instead of making skilled NPCs they have dumb ham tanks.

I could go on and on about what I think should be changed and a lot of other people could to.

I agree if this rumor is true, which SOE either doesn't know about or if they do are trying not to get people to quit in masses.

But I think if LEC took it over they are going to have to almost redo probably have of the code, but the Sr. Director job they have makes me wonder alot. Cause i looked on SOE's site and they have no openings for SWG so who knows. Me Personally i hope LEC get's it

The people behind SWG have really no respect for Star Wars or the people playing ( paying for ) the game. They really don't listen or care about what a lot of the players think. They alter the continuity of the time line the game is based on seemingly for the hell of it. They put things in the game that don't belong (Jedi, Mandalorian Armor, and exe.. exe... exe....) and they do it in the most half @ss way they can.

They think if they add as much Star Wars content (bugged or not) they will keep people in. The real trick here is to just fix the bugs and balance issues with the game and most people will be happy. Instead they pile more bugged content on top of more bugged content

I got JTL Beta after I had already decided to quit. I played it and thought less of it then I did for Base game Beta when I did it. I was thinking about staying in for JTL.. Hmm no

Some people put up with the bugs either, because it's Star Wars (It's Great no matter what!) or because they have invested a lot of time it. I personally don't have time to waist on game where over 1 year after Beta and I'm still running into bugs I had the 1st day I was in Beta.

I get more joy out of b!tching about the game then I did playing it.

For all you SWG Dev worshipers that have your mouths permanently attached to the Dev's hind ends. The ( IF you don't like it stop playing and leave we will be better off without you types ) I left, I can complain all I want, and if you don't like it you know where you can stick it.;)

Awww you don't like my opinion? :rolleyes:

The opinion Gestapo is out "better not have a negative opinion about this game."

If I have to read positive opinions about the game then people have to read negative ones too. ( Hey I don't have to read opinions at all ! ! ! ) So if you don't like what I have to say that much respond with your own argument and if you don't care enough to do so don't respond at all. That kind of goes along the same lines as "If you don't like it leave it." So that should make perfect sense to you.

If you don't like what I think then you don't have to read it and you don't have to respond to it. So I guess you will just have to live with my opinion the same way I have to live with yours.

I'll live and so will you..

Originally posted by Wraith 8

well as a matter of fact i dont :) see that little bold title there?? Super moderator? :p

I see it and it doesn't do much for me. Does it get the girls hot and bothered?:rolleyes:

i dont have to take **** if i wanted to.....

I inserted every 4 letter profane word I know ( and that is a lot ) that sentence still doesn't make any sense.. ;)

i never abused my power you know.... they say there is a first for everything.......

Do the girls like that super moderator power? :p

... you dont know the word under ****? you have a bad imagination.... must be why you didnt like swg. no imagination.

and as a matter of fact it does ... i have lots of female fans.. why? jealous?

1st. I been around since day one. i judge fair. i dont take risks. and i trust everyone.

2nd. i dont do wel on getting insulted. i dont feel i deserve it because i do a lot for the community, for my guild and i help people. so climb of my back.

3rd. if you want to continue badmouthing the game i cant help that. true ... but just like you i can utter my opinion on badmouthers who say they dont want to waste time on a bad game while they do waste time on bad mouthing it...... i dont see the logic in that.. must be me.

so either ..... go play some other game.... go read other forums.

but dont waste our time on wel known things... and ruin the good days of other players.

4th if you wanna continue this argue... we have a good button for that... its called the PM button... use it.

now for the sake of this thread im gonna leave it open.... but if you or anyone goes on about this im going to close it.

Wraith 8

Archived