Home

POST Your Bugs Here! (2nd Demo)

Darth_Linux

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a new one (at least my search of the thread turned up nothing).

When loading a Talay level file, the about 90% through the load I get 5-7 chirps like the one when you start loading a saved game and then I'm in Talay and there is a message at the top of the screen:

( cached weather file "maps\talay.weather" out of date....regenerating)

The level seems to go fine from there, but every load of the that level, including a quickload gives the same error.

Thanks!

malgg

Ok, just downloaded the mod(with dial-up!), started it and everything was red... Bright bright red! Except the floor which was deep black... When I moved the player closer to the walls and such the detail would appear and the bright color would only be on the edge of my screen, almost as if there was some kind of super powered light everywhere. JA runs fine, never had such an issue... Never had any issue. I'm running an NVIDIA GeForce ti 4200 on a Windows XP home. Any ideas? Problem with the download???

HELP!!! Plz!

• 2 weeks later...

Please check if you have other mods installed, and move them out of the dfmod directory, usually named dfmod or dark.

How did you install the mod? Did you use the setup we provided?

Were there some errors?

Btw., the older demo was for JO only!

Did you take the newer one with 130MB download? This one is for JA.

If you had really a problem with the download, you could not even run the Mod.

At last, you might check the drivers, if there are newer versions available.

Lol. Sorry, you can ask here of course, but there is no real fixed date.

We are a team of freelancers, doing something on the mod only if time permits,

so we will never promise a final release until it's really done.

It might be next year, it also might be in 5 years, we don't really know exactly.

• 3 months later...

Okay, here is my bug: The text is gone. When I went to start a new game, the difficulty text was absent. In its place was only the "aura" that highlights your desired difficulty level. Once I selected one of those, when it went into the screen where Mon Monthma gives her briefing, there was no text. I could not advance as I could not see where I was to click. So I had to ctrl+alt+del out of the game.

Well I let the auto-installer do all the work. Other than that, yes, I started the MOD with the Dark Forces shortcut that was placed on my desktop. I don't know if that's supposed to take you directly into the MOD or not, but it didn't do it for me. It took me to Jedi Academy, and I had to load the MOD from the MODs menu. I started it without the Jedi Academy CD ROM in my machine. Should I have?

Also, the folder that it creates in the Gamedata folder called "Dark," I renamed "Dark Forces Demo" to make more sense. Could that have affected anything?

Ok. Where do you exactly have installed JA?

Perhaps something is wrong with the shortcut.

The menus don't load correctly if the mod is started from inside the game in the mods menu. This is a know bug, but i could not yet find a fix for it.

Edit the shortcut and make sure you have the following things:

target: <DriveLetter>:\<JAInstallationPath>\GameData\jasp.exe +set fs_game dfmod

path: <DriveLetter>:\<JAInstallationPath>\GameData

And you must run JA SP game, not MP!

In order to get the main menus and the first briefing (Secbase), you don't need the CD.

But as soon as you want to load a map, JA will require the CD.

And yes, renaming the Dark path to something else without editing the shortcut affects everything... JA can find that there is a mod installed, but it doesn't find our files,

at least those that have the same name as original ones (that might be the bug btw.)

Okay, new complaint: Some of the cheats, such as "noclip" and "give weapons" give me Force powers as well, which should not happen. (It doesn't happen in Jedi Academy.) Every time I have to use the "noclip" code to go up to a ledge that I can't otherwise reach, when I turn the no-clipping mode off, suddenly I Force powers--all on level three to boot--and I have to punch in "setforceall 0" to turn them off. (To me it feels wrong to have a lightsaber and/or Force powers in Dark Forces.) You guys should try to fix this.

You are not suppose to cheat anyways :p

If you can't reach a ledge, then you have to think about it...

- without having knowledge of any forces, and therefore don't use the noclip as well -

how to reach it.

If you can't reach it, then there is perhaps another totally different passage,

or the ledge was not meant to be reachable at all...

Oh, nevermind. I know exactly what happened. In Jedi Academy, I bound the command "setforceall 1138" to the "shift" key, which is one of the keys you need to use to pull up the cheat consule. Stupid, stupid mistake! And I'm sorry I wasted your time.

I only cheat when I either: a. Don't know where to go and want to backtrack to an earlier position to find something I may have missed, or b. I feel the need to explore areas that are not accessable by conventional means. (A better example of this would be in Jedi Knight, when I want to fly accross the screen to the stuctures on the opposite side of a big chasm, which you're not supposed to reach in the normal game. Curiosity, mainly.)

Archived