Home

So what do we know about KOTOR 2? The Characters [SPOILERS]

Rat Boy

3 or 4 sith lords?!?!? Did they say in the books that there MUST be only two sith lords: The master and the apprentice.

Quote from the temple of the sith: "Traditionally, the titular master of the ancient Sith people. A Jedi who has turned to the dark side of the Force. The title of Dark Lord was passed down from one generation to the next, with only one Dark Lord existing at a time. The mummified remains of the Dark Lords are preserved on Korriban." There could be any number of Sith Lords but only one Dark Lord at a time. Later, when Darth Bane instigated the policy of only two Sith Lords at a time, a master and an apprentice, both sometimes took the title of Dark Lord."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by StoneDragon

3 or 4 sith lords?!?!? Did they say in the books that there MUST be only two sith lords: The master and the apprentice.

Quote from the temple of the sith: "Traditionally, the titular master of the ancient Sith people. A Jedi who has turned to the dark side of the Force. The title of Dark Lord was passed down from one generation to the next, with only one Dark Lord existing at a time. The mummified remains of the Dark Lords are preserved on Korriban." There could be any number of Sith Lords but only one Dark Lord at a time. Later, when Darth Bane instigated the policy of only two Sith Lords at a time, a master and an apprentice, both sometimes took the title of Dark Lord."

they can indeed say that, true. however, don't count out the fact that you could have several sith lords bickering among each other for the top two spots.

Originally posted by Rat Boy

Mind you, there were up to four Sith lords in KOTOR 1, just all not at the same time. Malak, Bandon, Bastila, and Revan.

I disagree. Only Malak and Revan is counted as the Sith Lord.

|_Revan sith lord and Malak apprentice

|_Revan captured. <He is no more a sith lord because Malak now is.

|_Malak sith lord and Bandon apprentice

|_Bandon killed

|_Bastilla captured

|_Malak sith lord and Bastilla apprentice

|_Dark side end: Revan(Not yet a sith lord since Malak is not dead yet) take Bastilla apprentice,

|_Killed Malak

|_Revan sith lord and Bastilla apprentice

"Sith lord" refers both to the master and the apprentice; that's why Vader is called Dark Lord of the Sith even though he's only the number 2 guy. Therefore, it makes Malak, Bandon, Bastila, and Sion count as Sith lords even though they were/are apprentices to someone else. Now, if Nihilis is the top Sith lord and Sion is his apprentice, he could always draft other people to take over if and when the Exile kills Sion. Like Visas Marr, for instance.

Me too. It makes little sense...how can they all die like that?

It does make some sense for Jolee, Bastilla and Juhani not to reappear because you are the last Jedi but why would they go after the others?

EDIT: I've browsed the OXM official site and forum and could not find anything.

Everything ends up with "Subscribe to OXM"

EDIT2: I'm browsing the Obsidian forum and found people discussing about it. Due to forum policies, I can't post a link(I think it would be considered pimping). Just go to the Obsidian forums and look at the threads.

EDIT3: Lots of editing today eh? Anyway, here's a quote from the magazine I found:

"Shrouded in San Franciscan fog, deep in the aptly named Lucas Valley, sits Skywalker Ranch. You'd never know that inside a low-set building nestled under shady willow trees the last Jedi was fighting a bitter struggle for survival against staggering odds. You'd never know that the entire cast of KOTOR had been slaughtered save for a single malfunctioning droid. And you'd never know that the Sith had swept across the galaxy in a way that Vader could only dream of 4,000 years later."

EDIT4: Someone stop me.

I'm so worried by that statement that I won't sleep tonight. Been reading the thread back at the Obsidian forums. There seems to be lots of conflicting reports and claims by the devs. One could interpret that all the cast died due to the Dark Side ending(it is true and would make sense).

Also, the credibility of the magazine isn't great(this is what I heard, forgive me if I'm wrong). It could very well be false.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad "Shrouded in San Franciscan fog, deep in the aptly named Lucas Valley, sits Skywalker Ranch."[/b]

As a native of the San Francisco Bay Area, it's possible for the fog to be at Skywalker Ranch and the city could be as clear as a bell, therefore it wouldn't be "San Franciscan fog." Since it's a valley, it gets twice the fog that SF gets (don't try driving around there on a fogged-in night, let me tell you).

Also, the credibility of the magazine isn't great(this is what I heard, forgive me if I'm wrong). It could very well be false.

Magazines have been all over the place regarding story details. That's why I added the "according to OXM" qualification every time I referred to it to cover my own butt.

Originally posted by StoneDragon

Remember KOTOR takes place before Bane. So there could be as many Sith as they want. Also it isn't just he sith lords that there could only be 2 of. There can only be 2 sith. If there were 2 sith lords and another sith the apprentice sith lord and the regular sith would try to grow in power till they over through the lead sith. That's why just the 2.

This is my first post. Rat Boy, I love you to death. That was one kick-ass post!!!

You got me TOO excited about this game now!

I really hope that the UK magazine is correct and that the originaly crew is "slaughtered," because it would give the game such a real air of darkness and sinister atmosphere. I mean, your character is on the Ebon Hawk, a ship whose crew just got slaughtered.

That's gotta get the player going "Uh oh..."

But these new characters sound very interesting. Especially the Sith...

Remember what Mika Dorun on Korriban said about the previous owners of the Hawk? Sounds like the Curse lives on... Imagine stepping onto the Hawk and seeing nothing but one flashing monitor, cracked and covered with Wookiee blood. In the corner sits a rusted astromech droid with wires and blaster burns all over it. Finding the "black box" all you hear is blaster fire and the screams of a 13 year old Tweilek... Lucas goes for the "R" rating? The darker, sadder aspect of the game will make an all too differant feeling. T3 is a shell of his former self and all that remains. I can hear his beeps and whistles sound sadder some how.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Isn't it just too easy? Killing them off is poor plotting.

Not if it happens due to the dark side ending of KOTOR 1. I'm starting to get the feeling that OXM answered Atton by saying Revan went dark, and this is why they saw what they saw and it would help to explain my last theory.

Originally posted by diffused

i wonder if it turns out that you are revan again, and darth sion is really darth malak?

nah thats a too long shot... or is it?

maybe this been brought up before, i don't know...:fett:

Malak couldn't be Sion. As we know, he was killed in the first game. Even if he did live, Darth Sion has a jaw. Malak does not, as you see in a cutscene. Lucasarts cleary stated you are not revan. Also, the heads you can choose for your character are different.

Originally posted by Rat Boy

Not if it happens due to the dark side ending of KOTOR 1. I'm starting to get the feeling that OXM answered Atton by saying Revan went dark, and this is why they saw what they saw and it would help to explain my last theory.

Even if they chose the Light Side ending, it's very possible the crew was still slaughtered. There apparently is a lot of action within that five year span and judging from the dire situation in KotOR II, it's still very possible they could all have been killed.

I hope finding out the fate of the crew is a central part of the story.

Originally posted by stingerhs

not so fast. obsidian developers have specifically stated that they are adding to the original selection of pc heads to add diversity. just so ya know...:D

Obsidian also clearly said your character served under Revan in the Mandalorian wars, therefore implying your character is not revan.

By the way rat boy, you might want to edit what you posted about how all the party members except T3 died. Recently the people at Gamespot (or is it Gamespy?) got to play a little of KOTOR 2, and confirmed HK-47 is still alive. Since what OXM said about HK wasn't true, you should assume that everything else they said isn't either.

Archived