Home

Increased saber blocking/parrying

rut-wa jodar

Does anyone have a mod or know a Cvar that increases the amount saber to saber blocking/parrying for single lightsaber duels ?

I`m a big fan of the movie-like saber fights and I would like to see this in JA. Alot of people hated the amount of blocking that was in JO 1.04 patch, thanx to the "g_saberGhoul2Collision", but i found it to be alot of fun.

Dual sabers and saberstaffs seem to be ok at blocking but single saber fights are very hit and miss and no fun.

I'm looking for just that kind of mod.

I'm trying to find a mod or something that can let me block manually in SP or at least enhance it.

The saber battle in JA is very poorly thought out, in Sp even if your enemy has a Saber Offense of 1 and you have a defense and offense of 3 they can hit you.

Anyone know of one?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a mod for you, but i can tell you 'how' you can make one.

If you know of the .sab files they use for sabers, you can look at the readme that is included in assessts1, if i remember right, under ext_data/sabers.

In there it tells you how to make blade lengths and attributes. One of those is 'parrybonus' i believe. You can set that to a bonus of 1-5. So you can open up your favorite saber file add the line yourself. I found it so here you go:

//parryBonus parryBonus 0 - this is stronger/weaker in a parry (harder to break, more likely to knockaway)

straight from the guys at raven. Hope you can use this.

Archived