Home

Spread the word. FireFox 1.0 is here.

MennoniteHobbit

Originally posted by jon_hill987

Hmm yes, though I'm not ready to destroy it, I'm not overly impressed with trillian. Never mind, thanx anyway, IE will just have to stay installed.

It's said with WinXP you CAN'T uninstall IE because it's a critical program or something... no matter, it can stay there for Windows Update as FireFox can't view it.

Also for spreading the word, as Slashdot users have said, you should go into your friend's computer, change the IE shortcut to the FireFox executable and keep its E icon, and change all the remaining IE shortcuts to FireFox and hide the IE folders. :D

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

well im ready to exterminate it

But why?

No crap from MSN, no need to install the crappy icq program or aim...

just one nice program with no limits on amount of contacts or any others stupid things with other IMs. (oh yeh and get pro from somewhere (or trillian pro 3 beta), the free version kinda sucks)

I've never had anny problems with it.

Just ashame it doesn't have XFire with it :(

BTW, you can 'break' IE just like you can do to MSN by fiddling. Alternatively you can nuke it from DOS.

Works for me :p

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

But why?

No crap from MSN, no need to install the crappy icq program or aim...

just one nice program with no limits on amount of contacts or any others stupid things with other IMs. (oh yeh and get pro from somewhere (or trillian pro 3 beta), the free version kinda sucks)

I've never had anny problems with it.

Just ashame it doesn't have XFire with it :(

B]

get the pro version?

you see i will NEVER pay for an IM program. ever. between paying for Trillian, or putting up with the odd e-mail from hotmail i will go with the latter

i dont own ICQ nor do i know anyone who does. Trillian, for the short time i used it, annoyed the hell outa me, it would only connect one time in three or it would claim to have connected when it had in fact done no such thing. or having connected it would decide it had had enough of this IM lark and wanted to go home and disconnected me from my conversations. *shudders at memories*

MSN on the other hand, has served me well and ive never had a reason to reproach myself on my decision to download it (im on ME you see) i dont buy into this necessity people seem to have to replace microsoft programs just because they are microsoft.

fight the power :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

bah ! how will it enhance my pRon browsing abilities....thats what I want to know...... :D

Er... not that I know this by experience or anything :o.... but Firefox has a little extention for it called "Down-Them-All" that allows you to download all the links (say pictures or videos) on a page with one click.

Seems to me that might just come in handy with your particular browsing interests.

;)

get the pro version?

you see i will NEVER pay for an IM program. ever. between paying for Trillian, or putting up with the odd e-mail from hotmail i will go with the latter

i dont own ICQ nor do i know anyone who does. Trillian, for the short time i used it, annoyed the hell outa me, it would only connect one time in three or it would claim to have connected when it had in fact done no such thing. or having connected it would decide it had had enough of this IM lark and wanted to go home and disconnected me from my conversations. *shudders at memories*

MSN on the other hand, has served me well and ive never had a reason to reproach myself on my decision to download it (im on ME you see) i dont buy into this necessity people seem to have to replace microsoft programs just because they are microsoft.

fight the power :rolleyes:

Where did i ever say 'buy' :rolleyes:

Oh yah.. and get gmail.

ATM, I have 331 icq contacts on my list at the moment, mostly jk clan business etc. MSN annoys the hell out of me, seriously... how much memory can a single IM program waste? It doesn't allow you to view people who are in 'appear offline' mode, no plugins allowed, limits, ads etc. etc.

I definately don't go out of my way to get things just because they are not Micro$oft... they're usually much better and more efficient. (not to mention ICQ, Aim and Yahoo were in existance before MSN tried to get in on the game)

thats where you mentioned paying for it

The other method of getting it. :rolleyes:

Er... not that I know this by experience or anything .... but Firefox has a little extention for it called "Down-Them-All" that allows you to download all the links (say pictures or videos) on a page with one click.

:naughty:

Archived