Home

KOTOR II PC Specs

BinnyV

Well, after all your base are belong to us, then maybe I are thinking about buying that xboxs. In that time of zig where xboxs take over the $50 price ranges and games make your time less then $10.

I are use what I got and besides friend I are mine gots xboxs and he send out zig with current game. Holmes.

^^; I just had to do it...

Originally posted by BinnyV

Well, after all your base are belong to us, then maybe I are thinking about buying that xboxs. In that time of zig where xboxs take over the $50 price ranges and games make your time less then $10.

I are use what I got and besides friend I are mine gots xboxs and he send out zig with current game. Holmes.

^^; I just had to do it...

all your base belong to us is an awesome saying

Originally posted by jackofblades

You are should buy xboxs

(:worship: xbox :worship:)

Some cannot one afford one. This possiblity not is have 150$. Also facts be that graphics not are as good to the xbox as in the computer addingt facts to that is moddings not are belong to the xboxs.

Anyways some ppl cant afford an xbox cuz they spend money on things like food gas and car insurance. Plus the graphics arent as good and there arent mods for the Xbox version.

Originally posted by Darkside_tanro

Anyways some ppl cant afford an xbox cuz they spend money on things like food gas and car insurance. Plus the graphics arent as good and there arent mods for the Xbox version.

This is a good point. Car insurance sucks! Car insurance is almost as big a con as health insurance. I'm going to pay money monthly in case I get in an accident and then if I do get in an accident the insurance company doesn't want to give me the money I'm owed!!!!

Back on topic: PCs definitely have the capacity to have better graphics than XBoxes. Problem is unless a person brought their computer with gaming in mind this really isn't the case. When I got my computer I was thinking about school work and internet not games and I'm not going to buy another computer(that'll cost me >$1200) to remedy that error. I'd rather own a $150 Xbox that also has other games.

You're right about the modding though. No console can compete with the PC when it comes to modding. Modding extends the life of games. Think about Jedi Knight people are still playing that because of mods.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

From what the devs have said, if you're PC can run KotOR you should be able to run TSL.

i agree with fiend

also since the game is using the same game engine as kotor with just a few game play tweeks and other extras, but in essence it should mean that tsl will be compatable with any pc that was compatable with kotor, however i have no idea if it will be compatable with xp service pack 2 but i would assume it will be but dont quote me on that lol :D

Originally posted by Hannibal

Back on topic: PCs definitely have the capacity to have better graphics than XBoxes. Problem is unless a person brought their computer with gaming in mind this really isn't the case. When I got my computer I was thinking about school work and internet not games and I'm not going to buy another computer(that'll cost me >$1200) to remedy that error. I'd rather own a $150 Xbox that also has other games.

actually, it doesn't take much to build a good gaming system that can run half-life 2 or doom 3 on the highest settings(and still have a good framerate). to be honest, all my system needs is a radeon 9800 XT or a geforce fx5850 to run those games really well. both of which cost less than $300 now. :D

as far as the rest of the machine, just aim for a cheaper motherboard from soyo or asus. i recommend an amd chip because they tend to run cheaper, but you can't go bad with an intel, neither. 512 Mb of ram should have ya covered. and a power supply doesn't need to be more than 400 watts (unless you plan to add 20 fans and a neon light :rolleyes: ). most motherboards come with built in sound and networking. if you want to be real cheap, use the harddrive and removable media devices from your old machine. then, just reuse the case. going that route, you might spend $700+, depending on what kind of deals you can find. :D

of course, an xbox is still cheaper. :snear:

You'll eventually run into problems anyway. CPU and video cards are fine but if you want your comp to last, jump to 1024 mb of RAM, get a decent motherboard(later when you're going to upgrade, it's good to have a decent one instead of a cheap piece of crap), a GOOD sound card(built in sucks, anything built in sucks, you'll run into issues sooner or later) and a good big and nasty SATA hard drive.

Re-use only the parts that will probably never have an upgrade(network, CD player, DVD player, CD-writer, case, floppy disk drive(only school uses floppy disks anymore...cheap lousy retarded idiots), maybe harddrive if yours is still good enough(IDE won't matter that much but as of now I would aim for SATA if you like a little oompf) and everything from monitor(though you might consider switching monitors after a while, they tend to degrade in visual quality with time) to mouse).

This probably won't make you go over 1000$.

Oh don't forget to go with AMD. They have good CPU and they are cheaper then the Intel Cards for pretty much the same performances.

well, he said cheap, so i gave him a cheap option that will run games very well, although not blazingly fast. :)

as far as motherboards go, soyo and asus are rock solid in reliability. just be sure you match the motherboard with whatever processor your going to run (amd athlon 64 or intel pentium 4), it has AGP 8x (PCI Express is a bit too expensive at this point), and slots for DDR memory. i forget which form of DDR-xxx memory is the current standard, so just look for numbers at or higher than 333 (in place of the x's ;)).

Originally posted by Hannibal

This is a good point. Car insurance sucks! Car insurance is almost as big a con as health insurance. I'm going to pay money monthly in case I get in an accident and then if I do get in an accident the insurance company doesn't want to give me the money I'm owed!!!!

You're right about the modding though. No console can compete with the PC when it comes to modding. Modding extends the life of games. Think about Jedi Knight people are still playing that because of mods.

[sarcasm]Yeah but daddy would buy me a new computer if i told him it was school... Not a new xbbox...[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by Cyborgninja

I don't know how to mod my xbox...

Its actually not very hard.... But tahts not what kind of mods were talking about here.

Xbox Scene

^x Box Mods ^

http://www.pcgamemods.com/6

^ Kotor Mods ^

Kotor Mods is what were referring to here. That is changing or add new things onto the game.

Archived