44 members have voted

1. 1. How will you answer Atton?

• LS Male
    • DS Male
    • LS Female
    • DS Female
    • I don't care (LS Male)

Originally posted by Darth333

Once again we agree RedHawke :D You are truly a Sith in spirit! :dev14: This is exactly how I like to play: seduction is far more efficient than rudeness to turn someone to the darkside and achieve your evil goals. Muahahahaha! :emperor:

Exactly! I do have some PnP RPG expirience in this department. ;)

Besides if you rule as a credit stealing punk with an iron fist you would be out of power very, very quickly.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

No, bombing a whole planet is far more evil. Force choking little children is not as evil, but it's very fun. :D

While destroying an entire solar system or planet is sometimes necissary, it is not something you would want to do as a common everyday act.

Choking little children does nothing, and nets you more possible enemies to boot, you would be wise to take notes. :D

Originally posted by Darth333

Not exactly what I meant...I was more talking about finding a team to that will join you in and help you accomplish you evil plans! You can't bomb a planet alone!

Exactly! And you don't want to just depend on just your Faceless Minions to protect you either, you need a group of skilled beings that see things the way you do.

Also where is it written that evil cannot have freinds, and always must have an ugly face. (Darth Sideous not withstanding) :D

True, but sith never trust their allies... they're always turning on each other.

This only happens when the Sith have that KOTOR credit stealing punk thing going on.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RedHawke

IMHO the best way to play the Dark Side is in such a way so as no one knows that you are Darkside until it is too late for them.

Agreed. The subtle - over confident - manipulative route was what I was hoping for with K1 & praying will happen with TSL, especially with the influence on you're party. It doesn't even have to be completely subtle, anything but 'give me those credits!!!' & I'll be good to go.

True, but sith never trust their allies... they're always turning on each other.

The penalties of the quest for ultimate power....

:holosid:

ok lets compare to the great and powerfull emperor palpatine

for many years the fact that he was a sith was a secret he set up many friends and gained a tactical advantage over the jedi when he eventually did come out as a sith but by then he'd currupted so many individuals that the jedi were unprepared for the sith takeover

the destruction was done by one of his underlings showing off his power to a helpless captive to gain information

and was more of a bullying tactic to gain the information they wanted

so all in all this kinda prooves RedHawke as being the true sith lord and Emperor Devan as a mere apprentice

Originally posted by Aleggy

so all in all this kinda prooves RedHawke as being the true sith lord and Emperor Devan as a mere apprentice

I beg your pardon, INITATE! you didn't even get your facts right! Darth Sidious (Palpatine) used queen Amidala's plea for assistance to become chancellor, so when he instructed Dooku to form a confederacy he could accept the emergency powers form the republic, so IF the Confederacy won Dooku could simply hand the control over to Sidious, and if the republic won he could refuse to give away his emergency powers.

Although a true sith should be good at sublety and all out "I don't like you. Time to die!", but I like the second option more.

You also forgot Darth333 there Aleggy! :D

I don't follow Bane's rule of two, I believe a Dark Sith council would be awesome, kind of like the Goa'Uld System Lords are in Stargate SG-1. ;)

Darth Sidious (Palpatine) used queen Amidala's plea for assistance to become chancellor, so when he instructed Dooku to form a confederacy he could accept the emergency powers form the republic, so IF the Confederacy won Dooku could simply hand the control over to Sidious, and if the republic won he could refuse to give away his emergency powers.

Not all true Devon, Palapatine/Sideous allready foresaw the events that transpired, nothing was a surprise to him, and he only needed to ensure the events would occur as he has forseen, Amidala, Gunray, Qui-Gon, the Jedi Council, and all the others were just pawns in his grand scheme, that is why he turned on the Trade Federation, so they would become a major player in the Sepratist movement years later. There would be no winning for the Sepratists, and no need to relenquish his authority, as you put it, because he had all ready foresaw, and planned the events that would occur.

Remember that Palapatine/Sideous' abilities at Foresight were extraordinary, and while it was his greatest strength, his confidence in it also would be his undoing.

Although a true sith should be good at sublety and all out "I don't like you. Time to die!", but I like the second option more.

And that liking of the second more thuggish Sith option is why Aleggy referred to you as an apprentice, I'm sure no insult was intended on Aleggy's part.

A Schemer and Manipulator (Good or Evil) type will rule for a far... far longer time than a Thug and Bully (Again Good or Evil) type ever will rule.

Originally posted by Cyborgninja

are zarbarrk true sith or are they just followers of the order of the sith???

Do you mean Zabrak?

If so the Zabrak are an SW near-human species (Darth Maul was a Zabrak).

The True Sith were an ancient race that died off long before the times of KOTOR, the Dark Sith of Star Wars are not a race but followers of an ideal of a way of the Force.

I hope this clairifies! :D

Not all true Devon, Palapatine/Sideous allready foresaw the events that transpired, nothing was a surprise to him, and he only needed to ensure the events would occur as he has forseen, Amidala, Gunray, Qui-Gon, the Jedi Council, and all the others were just pawns in his grand scheme, that is why he turned on the Trade Federation, so they would become a major player in the Sepratist movement years later. There would be no winning for the Sepratists, and no need to relenquish his authority, as you put it, because he had all ready foresaw, and planned the events that would occur.

A Schemer and Manipulator (Good or Evil) type will rule for a far... far longer time than a Thug and Bully (Again Good or Evil) type ever will rule.

I know, I was just giving the basic information.

however, a sith who is a manipulator and a bully will rule even longer...

however, a sith who is a manipulator and a bully will rule even longer...

No such thing...

Manipulators are never Bullies, and Bullies are never Manipulators. Manipulators seek long term satisfaction/goals and use sublety... Bullies seek short term satisfaction/goals and are far from subtle...

History has shown that a ruler who has any tendancies toward being a bully, never lasts long. :D

No such thing...

Manipulators are never Bullies, and Bullies are never Manipulators. Manipulators seek long term satisfaction/goals and use sublety... Bullies seek short term satisfaction/goals and are far from subtle...

History has shown that a ruler who has any tendancies toward being a bully, never lasts long. :D

Couldn't agree with you more!!

You also forgot Darth333 there Aleggy! :D

And that liking of the second more thuggish Sith option is why Aleggy referred to you as an apprentice, I'm sure no insult was intended on Aleggy's part.

you are absolutely right about why i referred to Emperor Devon as an apprentice and you as the sith lord

you are also correct about Darth333

I am sorry Darth333 i beg your forgiveness you to are a true sith lord

and Emperor Devan no offence was intended

It always seems like sith regret going to the dark side, once they are faced with immanent death (or they are already dead). Like Vader, Ajunta Pall, and Malak. Unless they have total mastery over the darkside and themselves (via Palpatine), they always seem to regret the plunge.

Originally posted by CaptainSkye

It always seems like sith regret going to the dark side, once they are faced with immanent death (or they are already dead). Like Vader, Ajunta Pall, and Malak. Unless they have total mastery over the darkside and themselves (via Palpatine), they always seem to regret the plunge.

just another good reason to be a jedi

Darth33 and RedHawke can we turn you to the light :clap2: :clap2: :urpdude::thmbup1:

Originally posted by Cyborgninja

Does anyone have a pic of what the true sith look like

Here

I believe that the red-skinned dudes are true sith. Remember, true sith are actually nomadic primitives under lordship of Dark Jedi calling themselves "Dark Lords of the Sith."

If, by "True Sith", you ment "True Evil Badass Sith" than I think

Exar Kun here can provide a good example. :)

Originally posted by CaptainSkye

Here

I believe that the red-skinned dudes are true sith. Remember, true sith are actually nomadic primitives under lordship of Dark Jedi calling themselves "Dark Lords of the Sith."

If, by "True Sith", you ment "True Evil Badass Sith" than I think

Exar Kun here can provide a good example. :)

Thanxs for the pics and info CaptainSkye

just another good reason to be a jedi

The Jedi are hide-bound shamans who cling to strange and unbending rules that constantly allow their own mistakes, called Fallen or Dark Jedi, who all end up claiming to be Dark Lords of the Sith, and so the Jedi allow the Sith to be reborn time and time again to wreak destruction upon the galaxy proper.

If you truely want the Darkside to be gone forever you must eliminate the Sith and then the Jedi too. :D

Darth333 and RedHawke can we turn you to the light

I'm actually more Gray, than strictly Dark or Light, I have no aversions to either side of the Force, and if I could use the Force I would use powers from both sides readily, like ol' Jolee Bindo says "both extremes annoy me." :D

The Jedi are hide-bound shamans who cling to strange and unbending rules that constantly allow their own mistakes, called Fallen or Dark Jedi, who all end up claiming to be Dark Lords of the Sith, and so the Jedi allow the Sith to be reborn time and time again to wreak destruction upon the galaxy proper.

If you truely want the Darkside to be gone forever you must eliminate the Sith and then the Jedi too. :D

I'm actually more Gray, than strictly Dark or Light, I have no aversions to either side of the Force, and if I could use the Force I would use powers from both sides readily, like ol' Jolee Bindo says "both extremes annoy me." :D

U make a good point I say I am staying netural

No such thing...

Then you should read a book about China's first emperor... He was a bully, and he died of old age.

True, Sidious was a schemer, but he never predicted his apprentice (who was a bully) would betray him...

True, Sidious was a schemer, but he never predicted his apprentice (who was a bully) would betray him...

That was the whole point of Star Wars, was that Sideous/Palapatine didn't see what Darth Vader was going to do. The whole story boils down to Aniken's choice in that throne room, he chose his son and by doing so redeemed himself and also fufilled his destiny of bringing the Force into balance.

Also Vader wasn't a bully type, had he been a bully type then Admiral Piett would have been very dead when the Millenium Falcon escaped into hyperspace leaving Bespin, Vader only responded to challenges, or eliminated his potential opponents, Admiral Ozzel and his protoge Captain Needa were thorns in the side of Vaders authority in the fleet, so like anyone he eliminated them at appropriate times, like if they failed in some way.

I also found it humorous that Luke, with little training, knew enough to tell Sideous what his downfall would be in the throne room.

"Your reliance on your vision will be your undoing" - Luke

"Your faith in your freinds will be yours" -Sideous/Palapatine

Archived