Home

Best computer case mod ever

Sivy

Originally posted by edlib

I've seen this before,.. but it's still pretty cool.

I still have one of those Falcon toys in a box in my basement. (No joke.)

Hmmmm... maybe, just maybe...

Funny but TRUE story.

I too had the original Millenium Falcon toy. One MAJOR problem, it was constantly falling apart, and looking back, I think it is funny, because I got the version in the Empire Strikes Back package, and the Falcon was sure falling apart in THAT movie as well. Years later, when damn near every piece on it had either broke off, or wound up missing in time, it kept showing up in the garage, I would take it out, sneak it up to my room, YET it would still wind up in the garage. My dad had a big yellow van that didn't work, yet he always thought he could fix it. My dad was/IS a packrat of sorts, and would hide things that he found in the back of this big yellow van. I got the idea from him, and decided to stash my Falcon in the back of dad's van. One day we had a garage sale, and my mother SOLD my falcon right in front of me for $5!!!! I wept like a baby, and cursed her for doing that behind my back. In fact, I put her on a guilt trip for that for many years. In 1996 or '97, I had just got out of the Navy, and moved back home for a brief period of time, and I re-discovered Star Wars! When Hasbro released the Falcon again, (same scuplt, but with new bells , lights and whistles!) I mustered all the money I could find, bought the Falcon again, and hid it in my basement. Low and behold, the following Christmas, there it was....under the tree, and as I opened it, I got this enormous apology for her selling off my falcon. (even though I had not brought it up in years) I choked on my pride, told her I bought it, and it was sitting in the basement. I wound up taking one of them back. And one of them remains safely in storage to be un-touched by human hands to this day.

Of all the Star Wars vehicles, and all the SCI-FI vehicles and ships ever made, the Falcon remains my personal favorite!

My mom bought me all my Star Wars toys when I was a kid. She knew how much they all cost.

SHE was always the one that would never let me get rid of any of them! "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH I SPENT ON ALL THAT CRAP?!?? NO! YOU ARE GOING TO HOLD ON TO THEM IN CASE THEY EVER BECOME COLLECTOR'S ITEMS SOMEDAY!!!" was the speech I always got if I even suggested giving them away or selling.

So here we are... almost 2005 and I have 5 or 6 Rubbermaid bins in the basement filled with old Kenner Star Wars toys that I've been dragging around with me since 1977.

Someday I'll get ambititous, drag them all out, clean them up and assemble them as best I can, get the digital camera, and log on to eBay.

Either that, or I'll eventually get a house big enough that I can dedicate a room to then and display them all.

Archived