Home

Death Star Mod (Download)

Servant

just a quick info for people running death star map over dedicated server:

"Aha, just downloaded ded server, check it out and this is what you have to do:

Copy mapinfo.txt from TAT3 to Eddie_NewDeathStar folder. Open mapinfo.txt in

Eddie_NewDeathStar folder and delete stuf from it and type

GCW,DEATH STAR: EDDIE DEATH STAR CW,mod1a,alliance,imperial,200,200

Now, I did not try to play it since I have single machine at home, but when I run ded server and choose deathstar map it loads and you get that white window first loading.... and then Game, mission, teams, score ....so it should be OK"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is progress screens for Eddie's Battle for Naboo map. It is in 0.9 release and it should be available for download tonight/tommorow. It uses mod1 logic so I will post install info once it is up on gametoast server.

Looks really cool! nice work.:)

Hi. I am not sure if you need any additional help or could use someone with some 3D/2D skills, but if you like what you see here please let me know.

Your Deathstar Map sounds interesting(haven't downloaded it yet) but as I am working on re-creating the entire final deathstar sequence I figured you might be interested from a texture stand point.

http://www.djlithium.com/swvfx/index.html

Check it out. The Deathstar surface is fully an original model with textures that I did in an afternoon. Many of the models were originally bad 3DSMax or 3DS files which I trimmed down to make more suitable for use in high poly scenes for rendering. I can't stand people who think you need to use more than 6 polys for a box. Unless you are stuck in triangle land.

Anyway check it out. These are all render tests for the final sequence. I have a few Divx files laying around but for fear or getting sued or perhaps maybe getting a job I will or will not post them. Contact me if you need texturing or additional help.

DJ, looks good. You know models are done in XSI? Well I am sure you know your stuff...

Anyhow regarding Death Star Map. Due to memory limitations we have to asume that we are (rebs) already on the surface of death star.

My Current map is a chunk of death star surface and this is how the map should be treated. Other solution would be to have a battle in space and deathstar could be just a background planet, but I do not like this idea. Maybe for other kind of level. So let us assume we are doing a chunk of DS surface.

Now, for level to be playable we have to see what ground troops should do and what flyers should do.

Flyers:

Reb flyers could start on the transport ship just hovering above the surface. Imp flyers could start from within some kind of hangar. There should be a lot of reb flyers and a few of imp flyers. So you could do a model of transport ship and hangar. The task of imp flyers could be just to destroy reb flyers. Now, reb flyers should have a task of destroying something = shield generator or something. I could import shield generator from hoth....Location of shield generator: Easier way to deal with this would be to make tranches and at the end of one shied generator should be located with a lot of AAAs (anti air turrets) around. Harder version of flyers objective would be to actualy go inside DS to destroy generator. I will have to check with devs about this: is it possible to go far down the map....

Ground troops:

Imp ground troops could be limited to flyers, AAA (we need a lot of these on this map) and fighting reb ground troops.

Now, the map part for ground troops could be eather:

1. open area, as in current DS level where flyers could nose down and destroy ground troops, or

2. most of ground troops map could be inside buidings of DS (this would be better) - some kind of buidings on the surface as in bespin plaforms map.

You could do buidings for surface and surface textures...

This is just basic idea of the map. Comments?

Thanks for your reply.

No problems with working with XSI to get models in and out of LW and eventually back into BF if the tools are and when they are released.

I have an idea for a ROTJ scenario where its all flyers going down the internal exhaust ports of the DS to the main reactor core or a combination of that with a battle taking place along the tunnles inside the DS on the way to the core itself between reb "back up plan suicide types" if the rebel flyer strike force "doesn't make it". The object would be to either capture all of the command posts along a string along the tunnel to the core reactor or destroy the reactor itself. I can model just about anything needed and from what I am looking at in the texture maps so far I can get everything I need out of the bespin cloud city stuff and modify it for the deathstar internal stages. Sound like an idea?

Further to your idea I like the idea of perhaps fighting towards a goal in a running battle on the surface of the DS between the buildings, towers and turret guns, kind of like mos e on Tatooine but with replaced buildings using the bespin models with different surface maps (darker harsh contrasting, whites and black and deep matrix greens and reds) plus a dark star sky, throw in some endor or yavin planet somewhere in the sky going towards yavin 4 etc etc.

Providing you can pull the models needed together and put them into a "city like" map, I can do the textures and even model gun turrets as well as additional towers. Getting the textures back in doesn't seem to be a problem, but models I don't know much about how that is done just yet. sounds like that is more your speed. Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

we should use existing resources and we will get all of them with tools and yes changing texture for existing building would be easiest but we should have some new buildings. For guns we can use AAAs just change texture to bit darker.

We can not start with the map itself because I have to make tranches first. This is MUST for this version.

You could strart with making hovering transporter with hangar.

Also Hangar for imp flyers.

We should continue this at my home:

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=141

Originally posted by Servant

I've seen your work for JA. Great job. You will be making somthing for SWBF also??

Thanx!! Yes, I certainly hope to make tons of mods. As soon as those modding tools come out...

As for the anti-air turrets...call them anti-air turrets!!

:fett:

"Did some test on several PCs at work. Windows 2000 and Windows XP PCs, PIII/PIV, different regional settings, ATI/nVidia graphics, Single/multiplayer ALL GOOD.

The only machine that the map did not work on gave the same simptons as you guys wrote but then I realized I did not apply the last patch on it. After that, in worked OK on it too. I realy do not know why some of you have problems, I will keep investigating."

eddie.

NoKill, Thanx man, but you put old old 0.6 version available for download at your site which was made only with hex editor.

Also, screens are from new but showing some issues I had with bumpmapping. Anyhow, current version of this map is 0.91 and you can download it at the link bellow. Please download this map and put it on your site. Thank you, eddie.

So, this is also annoncement for version 0.91

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=153&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

BTW, I like the way your site shows maps/downloads.

Heeh, TK (you are new TK aren't you?!?), step by step is bit too much, but I can give you quick info:

1. Made new project with BFBuild

2. The project itself is based on geo1 so you have to change some stuff

3. Mission.lua = copied stuff from bespin1

4. Use Rise tool to make trenches and land

5. Sufrace made with several .tgas

6. added vehicles and spawn points (read manual)

7. Imported shield generator from hot (get odfs, and mshs from hot and tgas for it)

8. Made graphics plan for AI (you have to connect each spawnpoint)

For more you can read the manual or get some info from our modding site (read signature)

Archived