Home

Death Star Mod (Download)

Servant

While waiting for Jabba's Palace map, feel free to try out my first attempt of creating Death Star Mod. This map includes 32 flyers (16 each) and it fun as hell. You can download mod and/or see screenshots at:

http://www.eline.ba/Default.aspx?tabid=154

Sincle my knowledge creating textures is limited to MS paint, I would appriciate help in making good texture for surface of Death Star. I need to finish some other things too, so feel free to give any suggestions.

eddie.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a very nice start. I'm not very good at textures, or else I would do a more detailed texture for that. It looks like a good space combat map. I would suggest taking out the TIE bomber(s) and making it so that the IMPs only have a few ships (they only scrambled a few ships, the rebels outnumbered them. But then you could add in various anti-air turrets to simulate the death star turrets.

Very nice work in deed. Looking forward to more!!!

Though how does it play. The whole point of this game is to capture and defend CP points. This means you need continously need to land on the death star's surface.

It's definately a good start. Keep working on it and I'm sure it's gonna kick serious ace.

Originally posted by Cyclone7

Very nice work in deed. Looking forward to more!!!

Though how does it play. The whole point of this game is to capture and defend CP points. This means you need continously need to land on the death star's surface.

It's definately a good start. Keep working on it and I'm sure it's gonna kick serious ace.

Well in later versions of this map the Spawnpoints could be made destroyable. Once you destroyed all off them the countdown starts...

So there would be no need to land and capture Commandposts.

Rends

Originally posted by Rends

Well in later versions of this map the Spawnpoints could be made destroyable. Once you destroyed all off them the countdown starts...

So there would be no need to land and capture Commandposts.

Rends

I agree, this is the way to go. The only destroyable spawn points already in the game are the Hoth shield generator, Endor bunker, Techno Union starships, and of course the walkers. I guess shield generators would be the most appropriate here for the time being. In the future when we're able to add our own models, they could be turbolaser towers.

Good suggestions but how in the world I will transfer Shield Generator from hoth and make it destructible and incorporated in the game so it affects tickets. Heeh, let us do one step at the time, they I will go over more exotic suggestions and try to impement them.

PS. Any help in moving objects from one level to another using hex is more then welcome...

dorsai3d:: try to make it darker then texture 01 posted at my site. texture 01 looks bright from air.

Another thing, when you fly you see that fogy surface far from you wich is brownish (left over from nab2 map). I would like to make it black or dark gray. Any ideas?

I know about bump map... We will get in cosmetics if I ever go to v0.99 he he, anyhow, texture3 is collection of junk I found on vidiactive's links it is an attempt. Your tex is to bright and looks like stone surface from the air. I could try to make it darker and try. There are a lot of textures around on the net so check that also if you want.

I have managed to add my death star level to the list and it is working also. follow the link for more info..

http://www.eline.ba/Default.aspx?tabid=155

EDIT* My ISP just called me and said that I have upload (for you guys download) at 100% which I can not have on my company server. So anybody would like to give my some space for my mods?

Anyhow, news that maybe you can not get:

----------------------------------

Thanx to freddy's sugestions, I have managed to add new levels to the list and it is also working...

This is just first attament and so far I have found the following:

What is important:

1. Make a folder in AddOn folder (Eddie_DeathStar_v03) or what ever...

2. Copy AddMe.script from tat3 to your folder

3. Hex AddMe.script and change name and folders you will load (eg. TAT, TAT3...)

4. Make Data as _lvl_pc folders like in original game

5. _lvl_pc have mission.lvl and core.lvl as follows

6. Old mission.lvl from original game

7. new core.lvl from tat3

8. Make map folder (in my case (BES1)

9. Have level in map folder bes1.lvl

The good thing is structure of addon's. I could acctualy have Eddies_Mods folder then inside AddMe script could add all of my maps, mission could be for my mods and map folders structure and levels could behave in same way as original game. This would be harder for updates, but we will see.

EDIT*** NEVER MIND ALL OF THIS - ALL BAD - I WILL TRY IT FIRST IN THE FUTURE BEFORE I POST!

That map does'nt work for me :mad:.

When i'm running my winrar it gives me a message that the file was corrupt. Then finaly i got the file, but when I launched the map it the game freezes and a message saying "the memory could not read" or something like that comes up.

What version do you have 0.1, 0.2 or 0.3?

0.1 was corrupted. What version of SWBF do you have if that matters?

There was a huge download request to my site in past two days so I am not sure... Any how, I will move my mods soon to another (faster) server/connection so it should be better.

RENDS::

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/ have my mods too so try there. They are bit slow in releasing mods, I think they have 0.2 now.

Archived