24 members have voted

1. 1. What are you looking forward to most in KOTOR 2

• The New Characters
    • The New Storyline
    • The New Features
    • What happened to the Old Characters
    • Beating The Game
    • Somthing Else

It's still one of the least important aspects of a game. The overall sound, the graphics, the storyline, the gameplay, the freedom of choices while playing through... All those things are more important.

I've played through KOTOR with the music turned off many times and believe me, it's every bit as good without it.

Originally posted by Grishnakh

It's still one of the least important aspects of a game. The overall sound, the graphics, the storyline, the gameplay, the freedom of choices while playing through... All those things are more important.

I've played through KOTOR with the music turned off many times and believe me, it's every bit as good without it.

and thats what you prefer however i and many others enjoy the music and one of the best things about the music in kotor was that it was all original unlike many other star wars games where the music is taken straight out of star wars episodes 4,5 and 6

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Personnal opinion. Without music IMO, it would have been boring.

It is NOT the least important aspect.

Just because you've found it good without the music doesn't make it less important in someone else's eyes.

Look at Star Wars, Indiana Jones and LOTR. What would they be without a kick-ass musical score?

Well, I've read LOTR several times without listening to music ;) Anyway, all those three are movies, in movies music are more important than in games. It's only in the last 5 years or so music has become focused on in games.

If the musical score is your favorite aspect maybe they should release it on a CD, it would save you a lot of money.

i think your confused Grishnakh many of us are looking forward to the storyline, new characters, new lightsabers etc etc ... but we are also looking forward to a new original music because like i said before many of the star wars games just rip the sound track from the movies

p.s. that post could be considered flaming i doubt it was but if it was then be aware, i have seen forum members banned for such things so remember these are supposed to be friendly and easy going threads not argumentitive ones :rolleyes:

I was just joking I didn't mean to offend anyone. I didn't notice the music in Knights 1 that much but I remember back when I had a Nintendo 64 and was playing Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, the music in that game was just excellent and really added to the atmosphere.

I'm not a music-hater or something I just think there are tons of aspects that are more important in a game. A game could not have music at all and still be great, but a completely lousy game wouldn't be saved by a great musical score.

I was just joking I didn't mean to offend anyone. I didn't notice the music in Knights 1 that much but I remember back when I had a Nintendo 64 and was playing Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, the music in that game was just excellent and really added to the atmosphere.

I'm not a music-hater or something I just think there are tons of aspects that are more important in a game. A game could not have music at all and still be great, but a completely lousy game wouldn't be saved by a great musical score.

I thought this might be the case as i was once misunderstood in a previous thread and i could see a similarity

p.s. i played zelda aswell on the N64 alas even though it was a great game i could never play it for to long, and when i went back to it i normally i forgot what i was doing so i would start it again (this became a bit of a cycle for me where this game was concerned) for me on my N64 the most replayed game single and multipalyer game was mariokart64

Yeah, I personally just sum it all up to the fact that so far...TSL has so many MASSIVE improvements we all just get caught up in the excitement. There's soooo much to look forward to, it's hard to compare...

Hell, I was even excited about the color scheme of the Character Creation screen (is that lame or what? ;) hehe)

I think we can all agree that TSL is going to be something we're going to be talking about for months (or years) to come..

:elephant: <--- dancing with giddyness

You can't be serious...

Very 'serious'. Being a musician myself, the new musics the biggest turn on for me in these games. I love hearing the different variations on Williams score, but the composers making it feel something completely different at the same time. It makes me feel as though I'm at the point in the SW timeline thats intended.

If the musical score is your favorite aspect maybe they should release it on a CD, it would save you a lot of money.

If they did I would buy it.

like i said before many of the star wars games just rip the sound track from the movies

Agreed. Personaly, I can only play so many games all with the same recycled 'Escape From Cloud City' over & over again...... This in no way is trashing on Williams brilliance, but it gets old. I do wish, with some of the upcoming games, more of the prequels score is used as well.

Look at Star Wars, Indiana Jones and LOTR. What would they be without a kick-ass musical score?

Indeed.

I agree FiEND_138!

Having been a musician in my "previous" life, the musical score is something I am really waiting for. I like the KotOR 1 musical score very much and while using leitmotivs from the original John Williams score, Jeremy Soule was able to make somewhting original from it. It had the StarWars feel but there was also something new.

Archived