Home

Star Wars - Alternate Universe (Part1-Journeyman Protector)[Rules, Info, Discussion]

Mandalorian54

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering there's thousands of Vuanna in the base, I don't think it's a good idea to try and liberate it with a bunch of elete guys. They arn't rambos and none of them have any combat experience.

I think the eletes should land near enemy controlled positions and observe. Perhaps assassinate some Vuanna leaders, or rescue recent captives. But there's no way they can infultrate the base.

Everyone else should land at near by Thaldorian bases and re-enforce the area until an attack is planned, which will be soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay we need to open up the story because right now we're waiting on our special forces guys and some people don't really have a chance to post cuz nothing's happening.

So instead of all this, they slip from closet to closet checking all the rooms and bla bla bla, just get to the point and do something. It's like your killing time but we're waiting for you, so do what you gotta do.

There are people trapped in the Bunkers; the Vuanna are drilling through the doors. You need to get there and stop them and get those people out. Meanwhile the Vuanna are ammasing their forces and preparing to attack, the Thaldorians need to be warned of the attack. So perhaps one team could monitor the hanngar and the other team could try to rescue the trapped soldiers.

keep in mind, the base is virtually empty with most of the Vuanna in the hangar, and they arn't expecting the Mandalorians to do anything sneaky like send in special forces.

So Curt-Man and Darth NeoVenom, with that in mind lets get this story moving a bit.

I'll give you guys a chance to post about that stuff, or discuss it here if you want, and then we can move on to the Vuanna attacking and get the rest of our players invovled.

=================

****IMPORTANT****

=================

I'm thinking about cutting the story and re-making my Alternate Star Wars idea.

I've been having alot of new cool ideas as I've been researching the history of Star Wars and I want to start over from scratch.

I don't want to drop the story though if other people still want to finish it so, if you want to finish the story post so, if not we'll just cut it now.

I'll wait a week before deciding unless everyone replies sooner, and carry the story on as normal until then.

=================

****IMPORTANT****

=================

I'm working on my new idea for The Alternate Star Wars Universe. When this story is finished, which I'm begining to find pointless in finishing, I should have enough put together to start my new idea.

One thing I really want to do is some kind of roll play system of statistics. It's hard and I've tried a few that didn't work, but there needs to be some way to build characters and distinguish experienced built characters from inexperienced new characters.

I'm also thinking of simplifying the player's roles. You won't type out in story form, you'll just post your actions inbetween *these* marks, your thoughts in italic, and your speach in "qotations".

You only control your single character, I control everything else, like your jedi master, or the general of the fleet, etc... .

Everyone will need to start of at level 1, and work their way up. You can do things like, join the army, to gain combat training. Or join the Jedi Order and become trained as a Jedi. Some things can be fast forwarded before, or in between stories.

I want to know what you guys want though, it will help me make it fun to play.

I tried the whole 'controling everything' in a vampire story and it didn't work. But I want it to almost feel as if you're playing KOTOR, where you're one character interacting with the world. I want to give you the freedom to do whatever you want though, and at the same time have a plot and a purpose not just a pointless wandering and nothing interesting happening.

Well I'm working on details so for now I just want feedback, what do you guys want?

One suggestion about the stats system: How about the more you do something the better you get at it. I mean, you'd have to have training to gain the skill, but then, as you use it and maybe have the option to practice it when you're in hyperspace, it starts going up. So like picklocking would be faster for you, hacking would be faster and not noticed as much, shots would be more accurate and faster, etc.

Okay, I think I've really nailed the jackpot!

Plots

In each story there will be a 'main' or 'central' plot. This 'central' plot will go on regardless of weather or not anyone participates. As far as I'm concerned I'm writing a story.

Everyone playing may or may not, they can choose for themselves, get involved with the main plot. The main plot will most likely effect everyone though. In the main plot players may slip in and out of involvement, or only make rare apperences.

Everyone has to be doing something though right?

Everyone can do whatever they want, but still only get to control their one single character.

Here comes the side quests, or sub-plots. Request a sub-plot for whatever you want to do, it does not have to have anything to do with the main plot, and your side quest will go on in the background of the main plot.

---------

Edit: Even after the main plot has finished and the story is 'over', the sub-plots may continue to their conclusion or be carried on to the next story.

---------

To avoid confusion of who's were, since everything will be written in the same thread, the title of whichever plot or sub-plot you're involved in should be at the top of your post.

Example of a post:

==================

Sub-Plot: Title of Sub-Plot

==================

Enter text here:

*actions*

"Speach"

Thoughts

==================

((OOC: this is an example.))

==================

End.

I think that's fairly simple enough to follow.

Anyway I haven't finished my work but I thought I'd throw this bone to you guys. Give me feedback.

Edit: The New thread is up, but acctual play won't start until all my other stories are finished. I expect this to consume most or all of my time.

Archived