Home

Star Wars - Alternate Universe (Part1-Journeyman Protector)[Rules, Info, Discussion]

Mandalorian54

Name:Apolejeic(Jeic pronouced Jee-Ick ^_^) Goeus

Race:Human

Homeworld:Earth(Born on earth but Lived on Myrkr)

Occupation(s): Battle ship Security

Physical description: Tanned but not very dark, Has Dark Brown hair, Brown eyes, and medium build Looks intimidating but its just a show that he can't help.

Personality: He's toughened up fom the rough crowd of Myrkr, But he stays honest. He is very dependable and helpful and can stare death in the face and stand his ground.

Experience: He hung around many of the lowest, ugliest criminals in the galixy, who looked to hide on Myrk, He's been in many fights and traveled into very dagerous areas of the planets cities. He aslso has experianced wrestling with some natrual predators of the planet.

Weapons and Armor: Rare cortosis plates he wears under his cloths to sheild himself. Blaster Rifle, Vibro blade

Other possessions:A pendent he had around his neck with an angel engraved in it he still had from earth.

Skills: Leader ship

Sword

Rifle

Brief Background: When he was very young he was abducted from his home earth. The alien race was in the stages of illegal experimentation on humans. The ship he was on was attacked by galactic pirates mistaking the ship for an interplanitary trading vessel. They sold him into slavery, and a merchant bought him despite his age. The Merchant taught him everything he knew about the rules of Myrkr. Which were basically look out for yourself. He ran errans for him, raiding people who owed him money, and his customers ranged from new incomers of the sytem, to the gang leaders of Myrkr. After his "master" was murdered he left Myrkr and got a job as a security officer on a battle ship, hoping to find out where he came from.

((Btw I just got an Idear, Say we defeat a person and they have..I dunno an Item, Would it be possible to take their Item? Like as thier defeat they relinquish thier Item and are let go?))

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes ApologeticII, if you defeat someone you can do whatever you want to them, that is if you render them defensless or they do not resist.

Also ApologeticII, I'm still wondering how your character is going to enter the story? Unless your going to enter the story in the story and not start already in a Mandalore system.

And this story is taking place, 9508 BBY.

Alright question, how is it that ApologeticII characters was born on Earth. And another question, what should the mandalorian armor look like, KOTOR style or Fett style. I'm trying to argue but the only thing that can withstand a lightsaber is Cortosis Ore. So I think a lightsaber would still cut thru mandalorian armor. Oh well but here is my character.

Name: Trandon Omeca

Race: Human

Homeworld: Mandalore

Occupation(s): soldier and squad leader

Physical description: He has a stong build with a bald head and dark brown skin and is usually seen in his armor.

Personality: Trandon usually keeps to himself and makes a good leader.

Experience: Been in the army for 4 years

Other possessions: Just a poisonous dagger that is more like a family airloom

Skills: Leadship, Strength, Knife

Brief Background: Parents died at at early age, although he never found how, and then he joined the army.

Well, star wars takes place in a galaxy far far away from Earth. Not just a solar system away, but an entire galaxy away. And humans wouldn't exist on Earth yet... I mean this is 9508 years BBY, and it's arguable that human life wasn't even yet on Earth at the time of the battle of Yevon. Let alone there being any means of Earthlings traveling to any other galaxies. I wasn't really going to say anything but now that Jedi Malastar has brought it up mabee ApologeticII, you should change your homeworld.

I don't know what KOTOR Mandalorian Battle Armor looks like. Also it would be extremely pointless for Mandalorians to wear Cortosis Ore armor since Cortosis Ore is very weak and crumbles easily, lightsabers can also easily break through a thin layer of it but will shut down. Mandalorian Armor is quite thin. And Cortosis Ore doesn't really protect against anything other than a lightsaber. (correct me if I'm wrong I'm not 100% sure about this.)

Anyway I've never really seen it matter of fact but I was reading a summary of a Sith War where the Mandalorians fought along side the Sith against the Jedi. And it said that the Jedi found it very difficult to fight a Mandalorian because his armor protected him from lightsabers and could only be hurt through the armor's weak points at the neck and sides. The armor was also blaster proof and only a shot from close range would really hurt them.

Edit: Oh by the way, everyone who has posted a character sheet can now post in the story thread even if all the details arn't quite worked out.

I'm thinking also that as we go through the story we can discuss it in here so everyone can cooperate more easily.

Okay the first part of the story took place on a space station orbiting Thaldoria, the second part was onboard the Battlecruiser Tho'dane. The fleet of Vuana battleships came out of hyperpace near Thaldoria, since Mandalorians aren't familiar with Hyperspace travel it's a great surprise to them that ships suddenly appeared. Also the Vuana ships did not cloak, they could not be seen through the space station's screen because of the jamming.

Non-combat type personel on board the Tho'dane are making their way to the escape pods and shuttles, selected infantry are taking off in shuttles and pods as well while other selected infantry help the rest of the crew to get to the pods and shuttles. Important leaders are guarded and evaced immediately. Some pilots are flying what ships they can make it too to protect the pods and shuttles should any enemy fighters come. There are also a few Juannar aboard the Tho'Dane who are treaded like ambassadors.

Vuana boarding crafts and fighters aproach to stop escape and infultrate the battleship.

The Vuana attack only disabled the ship and they won't destroy it, rather they will collect intel from it.

You guys can start on the Tho'dane or Space Station for emidiate action. I'm not sure what to do for those of you who don't want to start on either of those, feel free to drop me sujestions.

Name: Darran Mortroth

Rank: 1st Commander in command of the Tho'dane (( If that is alright, I thought he could be the guy looking out the window. :) ))

Race: Mandalorian

Homeworld: Mandalore

Occupation(s): Military

Physical description: Tall build, dark brown hair, green eyes, Caucasian.

Personality: He is deadly serious, he accepts not insubordination. Despite this, he is a strong, and skillful leader, and has a good understanding of tactics.

Experience: Military for 20 years. Joined at the age of 18.

Weapons and Armor: Mandalorian Battle Armor, Deth'lau Sword, Heavy Mandalorian pistol.

Other possessions: Various medals decorate his armor. He wears them with pride.

Skills: Physical: Leadership, Fighting: Sword, pistol, Mandalorian: None.

Brief Background: Joining the army at an early age, he excelled as both a recruit, and a soldier. He ascended the ranks with astonishing speed, mainly do to his skills as a warrior, and the honorable reputation he gained from not relying on "gizmos" to get the job done.

How's that? :)

Okay Hiroki, Your character is good and you can post in the story thread but here are some of my ideas on how some things should work.

The officers don't always go around wearing their mandalorian armor. They have other officers uniforms. Mandalorian Battle Armor is like our combat gear, which we only wear during training excersizes and combat missions.

Also, killing soldiers won't be tollerated in the Mandalorian army. If your character kills another Mandalorian for any reason he will be put on trial and possibly stripped of his rank and thrown into prison. So you might want to edit that little bit.

There is only ever one Command in charage of a ship or space station. Space stations are also home to up to a billion civillians.

Battle Ships will often go on training excersizes where they travel through space for months and land on various uninhabited planets to practice unloading and drive around on the planet surface and march and then get back onto the battleship and head to another spot. During their traveling ships fly in and out of the hangars practicing flight manouvers and landing and take offs. Troops load into shuttles to fly off the ship and fly back in. Random stuff like that so that if a hostile alien race is found they are prepared.

The non-combatants of the military are scientists and the navy crew who work on the ship.

I'm writing all this so you guys can RP knowing what's going on and what I'm trying to do so it's not all confusing.

If you guys have ideas go ahead and post them and explanations for things so we can RP about it too without messing up your ideas.

Also I'll explain the layout of the ship briefly. The ship is basically Oval in shape and brown in color, with a communications tower sticking out of the top at the back at an angle (/) the tower almost looks like a triangle with rounded edges. There are twenty heavy guns and thirty turrets on the ship. There are six docking bays three on each side of the ship. Barracks, a comand center near the front of the ship, a medical center, science center, engine room, cafeteria. Maintenance tunnels run all throughout the ship which are mostly used by the Navy. The Navy, Air Force, and Army each have seperate barracks.

Edit: Okay Hiroki, your character needs to respond to both statements at the assembly of Enforcers in the Command Center.

Also everyone, use italic font to backtrack overlapping posts. For example someone goes somewhere and does something in their post then in your post you go with them in italic font until you get to the point that their post ended and then continue in normal font.

Recruit, Trooper, Squad Leader, Platoon Leader, Protector, and Enforcer are Army ranks only. Commander is in charge of all three fields.

Navy ranks: Aprentice, Gunner, Chief Gunner, Master Gunner, Guardian, Chief Master Guardian

Air force ranks: Cadet, Ensign, winger, Chief Winger, Captain, Fleet Officer

2nd Edit: The Battle Ship under attack is a Command Battleship, the largest kind of battleship the Mandalorians have. It has room to dock an entire Guardian Battleship in each of it's six docking bays plus room for a hundred fighters in addition. A Command Battleship can dock five hundred fighters in each of it's docking bays if there are no other ships docked. And a Guardian Battleship can dock 100 fighters in each of it's two docking bays one on either side. Guardian Battleships can also connect to the Command Battleship by extention docking planks from 20 different locations on the sides of the Command Battleship.

Captain attack ships have only one small docking bay on one side, they can house ten fighters or other small ships. 2 Captain Attack ships can dock in each docking bay of a Guardian Battleship, and attack to 6 extention docking planks, three on each side.

A Captain attack ship requires a 200 member crew but can still function with half that. A Guardian Battleship requires a 1,600 member crew, and a Command Battleship requires a 50,000 member crew.

Then there are a variety of smaller attack ships and other non-attack oriented ships.

There is one Commander for every Mandalorian Clan, but only five of them command their own Command Battleship. One of these at Thaldoria, one at Aldacore, and three at Mandalore.

On the Command Battleship under attack right now there are Seven Enforcers, each commanding a Regiment of soldiers, there are also seven Cheif Master Guardians, seven Fleet Officers.

In a Regiment there are 20 Protectors, 60 Platoon Leaders, 180 Squad Leaders, and 1,800 Troopers.

Okay basically the ship under attack is one of five of the largest ships in the Mandalore system, housing an entire fleet of war ships and an army of soldiers. All of them were on a training mission and for a while had been stationed near Thaldoria.

The Vuana fleet that just arrived, is about the same size as the entire military force of the entire Mandalorian systems. Which is huge compared to real life, but small compared to the Mandalorian army seven thousand years from now.

1.Well when you think about it, How long is a "Long time ago"? And Humans have existed up to 40,000 years ago, and a lont time could even bee 20,000 years ago and Humans would still be on earth.

2. Earth could still be in a galixy far far away, but what if this ship was intergalactic? It never showed up in the series, but if the found a human they would normally just take a person back to earth, but they didn't know about earth at the time because they hadn't gone inter galactic yet.

3. I must have not mentioned that he was in chryo for a long period of time on board, they did this to ensure he wasn't taught or didn't learn any more than needed.It also take hundreds to thousands of years to go between the galaxies, and the ships are quite large and fast. They would be in chryo and pick up slaves, goods, rarities from other planets, enough to last them a life time, and on thier way back another ship woul dbe headed there already. So the Travel time could take a while aswell. I'm just trying to make the story interesting, and I could go on and on about how this is possible ^_^

4.Isn't this an alternate universe?:p

Yes ApologeticII this is an Alternate Star Wars so it really doesn't matter, let's just say all that you said happened and not get into it at this point. (but for the record even if it wasn't any time ago, if it was now...we don't have space travel, and the star wars galaxy hasn't even discovered it's whole galaxy yet let alone any other galaxy like the one earth is in.) It doesn't really matter though.

Darth NeoVenom, I don't have that problem, I never get logged out. But I would recoment typing your post in a word document with spell check and all that and you can save it and then copy paste it and post it. But ya, I never get logged out. Cookies I guess I duno.

Well yes Mandalorians developed into severe warriors pertaining to a strick code of morals, and cowardice had no place in their military.

But we are just in the early stages and they have never fought a war so how would any officer have a reputation for killing cowards?

"Get on with the training mission!" ... "But sir, I can't climb that high." "Coward!" *kills him*

I just can't see it happening. Let's just say they haven't developed there yet and that that happens during the harsher times of war. For now they are just a peaceful system of worlds with a small military barely able to stave off an alien scout fleet.

Edit: Okay guys feel free to discuss what's going on right now. Ziltro, Besla, and Jemel, feel free to make any color for the squad your in or be in Red squad if you want. Let the action explode all around as boarding crafts land. There's 11 Mandalorians to a squad and 12 to every third squad. But 30 Vuana in every boarding craft.

I'm going to give a color code for the ranks too, your rank decides the color on your visor. Recruits and Troopers have yellow, Squad leaders have orange, Platoon leaders have Blue, Protectors have red, Enforcers have Green.

I'dd also like to make a new group called Royal Guard, Soldiers of the utmost discipline and skill are given the oportunity to become a Royal guard. Hiroki gave me this idea when he posted the Commander's personal guard.

Also, the army has standard grey armor. Deth'lou warriors have black armor and white visor paint. Royal guard have red armor and black visor paint. Navy have blue armor and air force have yellow armor. Commander's and Mandalore himself have whatever color armor they want.

When will the story be moved to a forum of its own, if its even moved that is.

Im wondering, since I might start a RP soon, and since it got an extensive background and I want to prevent overpowering people(one of the reasons im not participating in many RPs=A stormtrooper seems not able to even fart succesfully)

And what kind of forum that would be, like proboards?

I might be a bad rper, but I might try harder if more of these NonUberpwner-rps gets its own forum....:)

Okay, guys, here's the thing: I don't have time to read all of this thread, so if you could give me the basic story, and what exactly the alternate universe is. Also, maybe post on who is on which side and what types of soldiers are on which side. Meanwhile, my profile.

Name: Santino Sollozzo

Race:human

Homeworld:Mandalore

Occupation(s): None, under arrest

Physical description: Tall build, dark hair, eyes of unknown color, change depending on both his mood and current lighting. Phenomenon currently being invesetigated by military.

Personality: Removed with a cynical sense of humor.

Experience:rudimentary training.

skills:

Endurance

Hand to hand

Pistol

Weapons and Armor:Currently only clothes

Possessions:none except clothes

Brief Background: New recruit stationed on board Tho'dane, under arrest for desertion, although this charge is false, he was running away from a jedi who knew he was force-sensitive, but sensed something strange in him. He was caught by the military and set upw tih charges before jedi could explain, the Tho'dane was attacked

Okay well first off Jokemaster, there are no Jedi in any Mandalore systems, not for at least six thousand years.

The alternate star wars universe is parallel to the real star wars universe except we change some events as we go along and there are all new characters that we make and control.

You don't need to read the whole thread because most of it is just ideas that were discarded or ideas that don't matter at this point.

All you need to know is the history of Mandalore which a simple google search will reveal. But this is the best site I can find on the subject so far: Mandalore History

Our story starts at the begining of the 20 Year war against the Vuana. A small Vuana fleet (although it's small for the Vuana it's about the same size as the entire Mandalore fleet) comes out of hyperspace(not yet known to the Mandalorians) and suddenly without waring attacks a Command Battleship near Thaldoria.

All the non-combatants are fleeing the ship while the small army on board are fighting alien boarding parties. The Vuana hope to capture the ship and study it. Meanwhile all of Mandalore's military is being summoned to protect Thaldoria.

Right now my character, Joth'loel, is leading his Company at the center of it all.

Everyone so far is on the same side. No one has chosen to be a Vuana, but it doesn't really matter all we need are Mandalorians.

Weiderudare, I haven't decided when to move the story, mabee after this one is finished if successful I'll prepare the other site while we do a second one.

The site I plan on doing it on is rpol.net

If anyone knows or has any other ideas to do it on please suggest them so I can check them out. One of those free forums might be an idea but I think we'dd have trouble getting other people to join because it wouldn't be known and it would take a while to grow. On rpol there are already thousands of role players in many stories that could see ours and join. I think rpol is good for the next step, mabee our own forum site will be next.

Edit: Jokemaster, my character is a Protector, a Company leader, he's not a Platoon leader he commands six platoons. Also did the explosion kill any regular troopers or do you have 30 troopers at your disposal? It's up to you.

Checked in rpol... Cant say Im really crazy 'bout it... proboards are free though, and easy to maintain... Think they are clearer too, with different forums and...thingy's:p

Is it possible to just have a link in the rpol to a free forum site?

Just dont like the way its designed..the rpol site... very unclear and a bit blocky..:But having experienced rpers rock.

So...is it too late to change Ziltro to a Royal Guard? Also, since there are three groups, I'll make Ziltro be in Blue. So now there's Team Blue and Team Red. If he'z a Royal Guard, he could clamp certain red armor on top of his black and silver armor, indicating that he's a Royal Guard. Also, I'll change the part where he'z thinking about when he'z going to get promoted. Just give me the "ok" and I'll update the character sheet.

Well Darth, the story has already begun so I would prefer that Ziltro didn't just change ranks part way through. Mabee in the second story he can get promoted for displaying extrodinary skills?

weiderudare, rpol might be a bit complicated but I'll provide a direct link to the acctual story so people don't have to find it. I don't find it very complicated myself although I'll admit it's not the most organized. Anyway it's just the next phase we'll see where we go from there.

Edit: Also Darth, you wouldn't clip another color of armor over your current armor. It clips into the suit there's no room for it to clip onto other plates. You have to take off your old armor.

Archived