Home

Star Wars - Alternate Universe (Part1-Journeyman Protector)[Rules, Info, Discussion]

Mandalorian54

Why the quick boost in time? The Mandalorian Empire wouldn't be nearly as Developed by the time of the Sith War's ( Exar Kun and the KOTOR one ). And 5000 BBY is the time of the Great Hyperspace war.

I think you should start it at 17,000 BBY, as they first had to overcome the extreme hardships of Mandalore itself. That was a handful; and a story in itself. We could end it with the comming of the Juannar. They wouldn't have had time to actually "evolve" into Mandalorians your way. Thats my suggestion. :)

Edit: Also, so this isn't a problem later...Boba Fett was very special. He was an independent Bounty Hunter. He was the only one to use a Jetpack...I have never read of another Mandalorian using a Jetpack.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiroki, Jango Fett... If we take the newer Episodes(1-3), then we can say that Boba wasn't really a Mandalorian, but a clone of a Mandalorian. Jango Fett was the first in history to use a jetpack in mercenaries a.k.a bounty hunters

Mandy, I have nothing more to say that I have and will allways admire your interest and skills of making the spine of a good RP.

So, basically our first story will take place as the Mando's are "evolving"

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

But I forgot to add:

Skill point earnings

The skill points might be earned through actions such as defeating a more powerful player/doing something great in a certain feild. You know, more accomplishment earnings than anything else.

(Of course this may have been said b4 ^_^'

I want to quick boost through pretty much every event in Star Wars History. If you take the movies for example, no matter what timeline you look at there's so much more going on in the movies than in the EU history, so I'm basically combining everything so we can experinece a fast paced active campiegn. There's just too many thousand year wars and stuff we'dd have to go through sixty characters to finish one war. I'dd rather do two or three wars with the same character, and then his son go through the next few events. Rather than One event every sixty characters Three events every character.

I don't mind if stuff isn't as developed, it won't make it any less fun wether or not the war is fought with ten billion soldiers or ten hundred. While a war with ten Billion soldiers is a cool idea, it's not so much fun for the individual.

Anyway, to make up for compiled events, we can extend other events. They had like five thousand years of peace and technology advancement and expanding to other planets, then six thousand years of war, then a couple hundred years of peace, then more war. I think we can just shorten the wars and rearange some of the events, and lengthen some peace and prosperity etc...

If we kept the timeline the same, where would we start? I don't want to do a whole story about surviving in the wilderness. We can't do a whole story about a war either cuz there's a two hundred year war, a twenty year war, and a six thousand year war.

Also, I don't want to go though the whole history of star wars, I want to make my own history. I want to take as little of what exists as possible while still keeping it "Star Wars".

Well, surviving in the wildenress is pretty hard...I mean, we all need to know alot about the planet etc...

Maybe, when(if) we move, can anyone create these kinds of RPGs? Cause I got a story Im writing that is set in an alternate future of the STar Wars. (No stupid Yuuzhan whatevers. Empire über alles!)

weiderudare, I'm not saying surviving in the wilderness is a bad idea for a story, I'm just in the mood for something a little more exciting. Mabee later when the serese expands we can do it.

Orrigionally posted by ApologeticII

Basically, You want a story thats not nessecarily "Star Wars" but has the "force, weapons and technology" of star wars. Basically like someone ELSE had Georges Idea and made it thier own... ^_^

Isn't that what I said? ;)

Edit:

Okay acctually I'm starting to get more ideas about doing it at the acctual length the time line says...

I'm thinking we can do something at the begining of the war and the story will be centered on one key battle and be about the heros of that battle who's names are listed in the history books for their great deeds.

"The Vuana were lanky and tall with a skin color of deep turquoise, ranging from eight to ten feet in height and possessing two legs used to walk and two arms to manipulate objects. The Vuana's skin was completely smooth, and they contained no facial features or sexual organs. To consume food, the Vuana placed their arms into a liquid and would suck out the nutrients."

(Excerpt taken from, http://home.sol.se/Mandalore/history/7601-13429.htm)

The year is 7603(since the day of the crash), Suddenly and out of no where a race of aliens called the Vuana attack the Mandalore system.

At this time Mandalore had only a small military and struggled against the Vuana's invasion force. Drafting began imediately in an attempt to raise a stronger defensive force and military production increased drasticly in a short time. The Mandalorians took heavy casualties despite an army at least three times the size of the Vuana. The Vuana were simply too advanced.

You start as a Mandalorian soldier instantly put on the front lines with no fighting experience, or a drafted recruit with no control over your fate which was most likely untimely death at the hands of vicious aliens. Perhaps you are a Vuana come to this part of the galaxy to invade the inferior race of Mandalorians and Juannar, the disgusting poluters of your soon to be newest colony.

How does that sound guys? Ideas of the first attack are already forming in my mind...I'm eager to start after all this plotting so I think this is a good place to start and just need to quickly nail down some of the rules and character sheet requirements.

I also got this new idea from a story on another site, so that people can post more actions without having to wait for other players they post, Example:

"If the enemy doesn't see them they make it over the hill where they begin to set up portable gun turrets on the enemy location. If the enemy sees them and fires at them they jump behind cover in the terrain taking some wounded depending on the enemies response, unless they are close enough to make it over the hill only taking minimal casualties."

Then the next player posts wether or not they saw them and what they did. If the next player didn't see them he might send out some troops out that would be vulnerable to the enemy or something, but if he did see them his reaction would determine how many losses they suffered and weather or not he saw them soon enough to kill or wound any of them.

If the enemy saw them the first 'IF' phrase by the first player would be disregarded but not need to be edited out or anything. If the enemy didn't see them the second 'IF' phrase would be disregarded.

That sort of thing if you get the idea, if you're still confused I can give some more examples and answere questions about that.

Prologue – Rules, Character Sheets, and Role Playing

Vuana 20 Year War

Alternate Star Wars

Rules

1. No Godmoding.

2. No OOC chatter in the story thread, OOC in this thread only.

3. No controlling other player’s characters without their permission.

4. Your character(s) can die.

5. You can kill another player’s character if he and I agree to allow it.

6. No one hit kills.

7. You may refuse to allow your character to die at any time.

8. If you refuse to allow your character to die you must choose one of a number of alternate defeats I or your attacker offers. You may suggest alternate defeats of your own but neither I nor the attacker have to accept one of these.

9. You must fill out a character sheet before you can post in the story thread and I have to approve it.

10. Having fun is not a rule, it’s the reason for the story.

Character Sheet

Name:

Race:

Homeworld:

Occupation(s):

Physical description:

Personality:

Experience:

Weapons and Armor:

Other possessions:

Skills:

Brief Background:

Skills

-Physical

Strength

Speed

Agility

Endurance

Leadership

Piloting

-Fighting

Hand to hand

Knife

Sword

Pistol

Rifle

Snipe

Heavy weapons

Grenades

Thrown projectiles

-Mandalorian

Retractable blade

Flame thrower

Grapple wire

Fusion cutters

Conscious missile

Helmet sensors

Jet pack

Choose up to three skills and list them under skills in your character sheet. You don’t have to pick any skills if you don’t want to. You may not choose the same skill twice. If you choose piloting you have to also choose the type of vehicle, tank, fighter ship, battle ship, or something else you can think of.

If your character is a Vuana you can make up your own skills, weapons, vehicles, rank, and occupations.

Mandalorians have, recruit, trooper, squad leader, platoon leader, protector, enforcer, commander, and the highest rank of military command is given the title, Mandalore.

Okay, that’s it, we’re ready to start as soon as people fill out character sheets. If there are any questions or if anyone wants to add anything anywhere let me know. If you have an idea for a cool rank to replace trooper, squad leader, or platoon leader, let me know cuz I think those ranks suck. If anyone disagrees with any of the rules or thinks of good rules let me know, if you want to add something to the character sheet please don’t hesitate to share your ideas.

Also any ideas on plot points, let’s hear em.

I’m thinking that the Vuana break out of hyperspace above the planet, Thaldoria and lay waste to an orbital space station. There’s a battle outside Thaldoria’s atmosphere in the nearby space and ships retreat to the planet surface while more ships take off from the surface in defense. Also ships from a space station on the other side of that solar system’s sun send for aid to Mandalore the home system and Aldacore in another nearby system. The Vuana land on Thaldoria’s surface and try to secure a beachhead for the invasion force to land. Meanwhile parts of the planet are being evacuated, there is chaos and the military desperately outnumbered and out teched tries to hold out until reinforcements can arrive.

Will Thaldoria fall? Or can they hold out? The story ends when reinforcements arrive at which point the Mandalorians will either come to the rescue of their besieged brethren, or find Thaldoria in ruins with a strong enemy already fortified.

Name: Ziltro Maximus

Race: Human

Homeworld: Coruscant

Occupation(s): Soldier/Bounty Hunter

Physical description: 5'11, Medium built, Dirty blond hair, green eyes, light skin, usually wears black pants, with a dark blue short sleeve shirt (depending on the climate).

Personality: Cautious and stands his ground when danger comes. He is also a laid-back type of person, takes things easily.

Experience: Has fought and been involved with a couple of small missions.

Weapons and Armor: Dual blaster pistols, a couple of gernades (thermal if exists at the time), and a silver blade. Ziltro wears a Mandalorian armor that is silver and black, as well as a black cape.

Other possessions: A necklace with a symbol bearing his family's name.

Skills:

Physical: Agility

Fighting: Pistol

Mandalorian: Jetpack

Brief Background: Ever since Ziltro was young, his father, and his father's father have been involved with missions involving Bounty Hunting. They also got involved in war, whenever their fellow people needed help. Ziltro's Great Grandfather died in a war when Ziltro was the age of 12. Ziltro and his family moved to Mandalore when Ziltro was 13 and they lived there ever since. Both Ziltro and his father both trained on Mandalore under the Mandalorian army, a couple of weeks after they moved onto the planet.

Name: Besla Baratny

Race: Barabel

Homeworld: Barab One

Occupation(s): Soldier, previously Droid shop owner

Physical description:has green and black scales, is medium built with claws(http://www.ggff.rpg.pl/rpg/sw/pics/barabel.gif)

Personality:has a very odd sense of humor, is very dsiciplined and serious.

Experience: was trained how to fight by her father and has been on 1 mission

Weapons and Armor:single blaster pistol, grenades and a knife

Other possessions: Barabel Bracelet(very native indian looking)

Skills: Physical: Speed, Fighting: Hand to Hand, knife

Brief Background: Besla grew up with her father as a droid shop owner, but besla always wanted more, when her dad died of a disease, she had to take over the shop, but when the mandalorian army started drafting she took it up as soon as she could.

Neo Venom, three skills in total, not in each catagory. Also you don't have to choose one from each catagory just any three you want but only three.

If it's a skill that your born with because of your race than yes you can also have that. If you want to make up your own race please don't give them too many skills it won't be fair.

I'm just wondering Curt-Man where Barabel One is? Is it close to the Mandalore system and should it play a significant role in the war?

-----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

My character:

Name: Joth'loel Torscier

Race: Mandalorian

Homeworld: Mandalore

Occupation(s): Military

Physical description: Medium build, black hair, brown eyes, very slightly browned skin.

Personality: He has a strong personality, honest, disciplined, kind, everything a strong Mandalore should stand for.

Experience: Military for 16 years.

Weapons and Armor: Mandalorian Battle Armor, Deth'lau Sword

Other possessions: none

Skills: Physical: Leadership, Fighting: Sword, Mandalorian: Jet Pack

Brief Background: Advancing through the ranks quickly Joth'loel proved to be skilled from his first rookie years, though a member of the army for 16 years Joth'loel has never had to kill anyone.

Here we go... I'll try make this as creative as I can

Name: Jemel Oria

Race: Mandalorian

Homeworld:Mandalore

Occupation(s): Military

Physical description: Tall, a bit nonmuscular, long brown hair, brown eyes

Personality: Honest, a bit lazy, disciplined when it comes to serious issues

Experience: Military for 7 years

Weapons and Armor:Mandalorian Battle armor

Other possessions:none

Skills: -Physical Endurance Speed -Fighting Rifle

Brief Background:

Grew up on the harsh world of Mandalore, and then joined the army at 19.

Updated my character sheet. Hope it'z fine. :) By the way, can I make up a rank such as "Elite Soldier". Like, only a few soldiers on Mandalore are these. Instead of leading a team of troopers, they travel in groups (kinda like those Clone Troopers in the Clone Wars cartoons). Commanders are obviously better than Elite Soldiers, but if the Elite Soldiers go up two ranks (or three), they can be commanders themselves. Not that I want to make my character look all good and stuff, but since he has been training at a fairly young age on Mandalore by the Mandalorian Army, can Ziltro have this title? Like I don't mind someone else to have the same rank. Just wondering if it'z acceptable. If not, I understand.

Darth NeoVenom, I was thinking something very similar to your elete soldier, but decided for now it shouldn't exist. Mandalore is a peaceful world unknown to the rest of the galaxy and only has a small army but concentrate alot more on economy.

I was thinking after this story, which will be the first of many battles in the 20 year war to come, there will be a large increase in military power and the need for eletes will arise. Then those that portray great talent can train as eletes. But eletes will be seperate from regular infantry and not really involed in the regular rank system. Rather they are specific soldiers trained for the harshest missions, that will be their purpose and should a soldier choose that career he will have to drop back to trooper if he wants to go back to the regular army. So elete won't be a step in the chain of command but rather seperate.

Anyway there won't be eletes until the second story.

Also Darth NeoVenom, Mandalore has never had a war before. The only war prior to now was five thousand years ago and was a civil war between it's five clans which lasted five hundred years.

Being from Corosunt is fine and all but people don't just move to Mandalore. They would have had to accidently find the planet. Perhaps your father found it on a mission or something and later moved there.

But the arrival of any outworlders would be a huge event in Mandalore since for over Seven thousand years the Juanna are the only other species they've ever encountered...(still wondering about Curt-man's Barabel)

Curt-man, perhaps you could make up a brief history about the Barabels and how your character came to Mandalore and weather or not there are many of your race on Mandalore and where Barabel One is.

Edit: I thought of an idea, Deth'lou Swords. If you want to give your character sword as a skill then he gets to be part of a division of Mandalorians called the Deth'lou division that uses swords called Deth'lou Swords. Also those that display great skill with the Deth'lou sword recieve an honorary sword of acheivement made of the rarest most beautiful ore on Mandalore, but is not used in combat because the ore is not strong enough and the sword would break. Real Deth'lou swords are made of the same ore as the Mandalorian Battle Armor and are extrely strong and retaining durabuility(such as would insult samurai swords).

BTW! I read somewhere that Jedi Lightsabers can not cut through Mandalorian armor and had to strike at the neck or side of a Mandalorian to successfully penetrate the armor's defenses. Thus a Mandalorian could combat a Jedi knight in a sword fight, Deth'lou sword vs Lightsaber, And Jedi don't have Deth'lou proof armor. ;)

Oh sorry Darth, I misread a bit and thought that your father had been involved in war after he moved to Mandalore. Nevermind then.

Also I'dd just like to add, Mandalorian Battle Armor is very complex and since this is the first war they use it in there would be alot of regular soldiers accidently botching attack stratagies and killing team mates and such because they didn't know how to use their armor very well.

I read somewhere that in the Mandalorian Wars the Jedi defeated the Mandalorians because the complexity of the armor caused regular soldiers to make mistakes and injure team mates often. However skillful Mandalorians would outmatch regular jedi because of their lightsaber proof armor and diverse arsenal.

nonsense, Jango killed jedi with his bare hands. If you ask me Jedi are over rated. I mean sure, Jedi like Mace Windu and Obi Wan are really powerful, but most Jedi are not that strong in the force and it takes a very long time to become a formidable Jedi. Also Jedi are not so focused on combat, they study all elements of the Force which apply to all forms of life not just combat. Mandalorians on the other hand, are a warrior race.

its just barab one, part of the barab system and i can't find any info on the barabels or their system but i do know that they are natural predators and fierce fighters, even form brith, its like an instinct, its not made up. i know that for sure. gunna go update my character sheet.

Sith on the other hand don't think like Jedi, but I never read up on a Sith vs a Mandalorian. If their armor could withstand lightsabers, all they have to do is aim for places that don't have armor,as u mentioned, the neck, side, and perhaps exposed parts on arms and legs and that requires GREAT skills with a lightsaber cuz I doubt a Mandalorian is gonna stand still. It would be an interesting fight though.

Archived