Home

DS/LS a little more on how your choices will influence gameplay

Darth333

Another designer's rambling by Chris Avellone:

my personal ramblings

/ Begin PC-Causality Events

In K2, we made an attempt to make some events more PC reactive-dependent. I'm not sure exactly if those last three words belong crushed together like that, but hopefully they should give you a sense of what I mean.

These aren't everywhere in the game, but we tried to have events triggered on the player's dark side and light side gains, no matter where the player is in the galaxy - when the player hits a certain amount of light side and dark side points, these events will advance the plot (or reinforce it).

We weren't able to do this as much as we'd like (they're hard to pull off and usually have to be hard-coded Hardcoded? Oh noes! :mad: ), but we have some key events that are triggered by the player's actions rather than having them triggered off of some polygon you step onto in the game world.

The intention with this was that we thought it would make the PC feel more special if it was more obvious that things were occuring, not because you hit a linear trigger, but because you were the one who set the fuse to the explosives through your actions or through a change in your personality.

/ End PC-Causality Events

Archived