Home

Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers (Discussion Thread)

Redwing

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...who is waiting on Admiral. All that will happen that I can post now is foot-dragging until he's able to post the group into the base. There's only a minute left until that happens, so RPGing opportunities are... limited. ;)

Feel free to post the catalogue, BD ;)

• 5 months later...

Back here again.

The creatures are attempting to force the group to walk away. Physically that means they move their limbs to make them walk away from Sakara. Mentally that means they try to will the victim to give in and desire escape. Resistance is painful and difficult - no matter who you are or what your mental training is. The creatures will keep doing this until the victim gives in, in which case the victim gets returned to his/her previous location. I.E. Back where they started in front of Ker.

Weapons will be very quickly ineffective, regardless of type. Ditto magic/supernatural powers. Skill, and quick adaptation, will maybe buy a few seconds to a minute if standing still. More creatures will pop up if some clever fighter manages to keep them off while approaching Sakara, until they can't proceed without getting mobbed.

In case it comes up, the creatures can be removed with great [mental] difficulty from someone else, but cannot be removed from oneself by oneself.

Finally, resisting the creatures too long without success is fatal, as the person's mind will disintegrate. The victim can feel this coming; yet another incentive to give in.

((Red: I noticed that K'warra didnt go into the white room. and becuase Sir-vin/irvine wasnt out there to be 'asked' he didnt go with.))

Sir-vin got thrown in with everyone else. The asking of the question had nothing whatsoever to do with who got dumped in the white room and who didn't. Ker didn't ask him, because he was unconscious. However Guy's ship and everything/everyone in it got transported (except for the unconscious Kiri).

If Sir-vin stays unconscious he won't be attacked by a creature. Otherwise, the same thing will happen to him that is happening to everyone else.

Let me clarify: Ker required the question's answer to earn her services in transporting the group across dimensions. However, unrelated to this, anyone crossing dimensions for the first time starting a few weeks/months after the Holocaust, anyone trying to get in or out of the Cantinaverse has to go through the white room and pass through it successfully.

Irvine was on Guy's ship at the time of transportation, and so was transported to the white room with it.

Ugh.

Okay. Scar, in regards to your last post, the creatures aren't characters. I posted what they are and what they are doing, with the intentions that anyone can work with that. I.E. Have them be briefly fended off by weapons but then pass into the character's body and do what I posted above. Otherwise I would have said Deac was godmoding.

Also, the creatures were advancing on Sir-vin ever since he woke up, so they're already on him. You cannot just have him notice them "begin" to advance on him. Ironically this was indeed godmoding (it seems to me that you were trying to avoid godmoding, unless you were just saying that as an excuse to not have to do extra work and rewrite your previous invalid posts) since it contradicted what I was already having the creatures do. Thus that section of your post will be ignored if you do not change it.

Edit: Removed some comments on Sir-vin's intellect that weren't necessary. ;)

Oh. Er. No. Giving up is a bad thing. It puts you back in the dimension you came from, meaning you failed.

You have to move past Sakara despite the interference of the creatures. But you can't take too long or lose the will to continue.

Sorry about the confusion; obviously I need to explain things better. :)

First, no, it wouldn't be permanent, but it would be rather strange to have all three of your chars fail the test. What a coincidence...

Second, you won't have to. You ever wonder what happens if you get past Sakara andn into the next dimension? I'll PM you...

Archived