Home

Tools released at fileplanet!

Rends

Bah, 40 minute est wait time in line :(

Ok, Ive got the tools now. The tutorials only seem to tell you how to use objects from existing levels not how to create your own, plus you control the camera with the keyboard which makes it kind of hard to possition the camera the way you want.

I managed to make some hills but somehow an illegal operation poped up.

Thankfully, it looks like modifying/adding units, weapons, and vehicles looks somewhat easy. If I can figure out how to "munge" ODF files, it looks like we'll see the Imperial Officer back in action (among many other things).

But I didn't find the sound files. Where are they?

If you hit TAB you can switch to mouse look mode in order to rotate the camera. This tool is very complex, although if someone could tell me how to apply a land base that would be dope. Looks like i was right in that you can edit land height and width although i haven't quite figured it out yet. More later..........

Windows XP pro.

It seems that if I click too fast or accidently click on the tab that is already active it causes an illegal operation.

EDIT: BTW to use terrain there is a terrain tab under 'advanced' then activate the 'height/raise' tab and then its left click to raise and right to lower but youll have to do it in wireframe or you wont be able to see a thing.

Still trying to figure out how to do lighting.

i'd be more than willing to host a mirror at my website if someone can send me the file... I kinda got unlimited bandwidth, so just if someone can send me the file, i'll host it.

my site is http://www.louiemantia.com

ill put a link to the file when someone sends it to me

you can email it, or talk to me on aim about it and such...

email: louiemantia@gmail.com

aim: ezralite@mac.com

// Lou

Yes they are different things.

You need the mod tools to create levels (maps) and you need XSI to create new 3D Objects like buildings, vehicles characters ect...

you can get XSI4.2 Mod tool version at http://www.softimage.com.

But you still have to wait for the Battlefront addon you need to export the 3D models into a modtool readable format..

The XSI addon shipped with the modtools works only with the 500$ version of XSI4.2

Rends

Archived