Home

Anyone else think this is lame?

Grishnakh

I think it sucks that they made battle meditation a regular force power in KOTOR2 that every jedi can get (as far as I know). In the first game Bastilla was the only known jedi in the galaxy that could use it and even then it didn't work in small scale battles. If not a big issue I think this was a stupid decision by Obsidian, it seems like just a cheap gimmick.

People were saying "it would be sooooo cooool to have battle meditation as a selectable power" so they made a force power and called it battle meditation :indif: It is as simple as that.

At least it is proof that they read what people are asking for but that can also be scary when you read alll the stupid demands :rolleyes:

Also, it doesn't do what it's not as powerful as it was when Bastila used it.

So lame, not really.

You know what is lame? When your playing and one of the characters is speaking in a low voice and the music blares up loud so you don't hear what they are saying.

BTW- I turned off the subtitles because when I read the subtitles I don't look at the characters faces. Subtitles are also lame.:D

I think that when battle meditation as an extremely rare ability that only Bastilla could use is such a big part of the plot of Knights 1, it's ruining it a bit to put it in as an average force power that anyone can use in Knights 2.

And it says in the description of the power in the first game that it can not be used in small scale battles, that's why you never could get Bastilla to use it ingame.

Originally posted by Grishnakh

I think that when battle meditation as an extremely rare ability that only Bastilla could use is such a big part of the plot of Knights 1, it's ruining it a bit to put it in as an average force power that anyone can use in Knights 2.

And it says in the description of the power in the first game that it can not be used in small scale battles, that's why you never could get Bastilla to use it ingame.

But it isn't the same power... Bastila possessed Battle Meditaion as a Feat not a power, they said Bastila had a "rare gift" she didn't learn the lesser Battle Meditiation like we do in TSL she was granted an Uber natural innate version... that the Jedi Masters called it the same name is unimportant, because even they didn't know what to call Bastilas Power. :D

In the WEG D6 Star Wars RPG System it would have been called Enhanced Coordination, a very hard power to learn. :D

That was just a developer excuse why we couldn't use the power ourselves.

Originally posted by RedHawke

In the WEG D6 Star Wars RPG System it would have been called Enhanced Coordination, a very hard power to learn. :D

You can shout at me if I'm supposed to know this, but what IS the WEG D6 Star Wars RPG System?

And also is there somewher I can read about the D20 rules?

Oh and Bastila wasn't the only Jedi with battle meditation. At some point in KotOR 1, she says (or someoen else says i don't remember) something about her mastering the power in a fraction of the time it took some of the Jedi Masters to learn it. I'm pretty sure I remember that from somewhere...

Originally posted by RedHawke

But it isn't the same power... Bastila possessed Battle Meditaion as a Feat not a power, they said Bastila had a "rare gift" she didn't learn the lesser Battle Meditiation like we do in TSL she was granted an Uber natural innate version... that the Jedi Masters called it the same name is unimportant, because even they didn't know what to call Bastilas Power. :D

I couldn't agree more!:D

I remeber bastila wasn't the only jedi who could use it she just mastered it at a young age

Archived