90SK

Who is a better villain?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a better villain?

• Darth Malak
    • Darth Nihilus
    • Darth Sion

Hmmmm.....

Thats kind of a hard question to answer. From the choices I'd have to say none of the above. I'll go ahead & white this out, although since you've spent time here you should know about it, & I didn't use any names, but to be on the safe side...

I prefer the 3rd sith lord in TSL

, just because thats the only one who's character actually gets fleshed out.

Since your making me pick 1 of the above; Malak. Being he actually had some kind of character when compared to the other 2 choices & I just wasn't that impressed with said other choices.

^^^^

Rhett, you mean Nihlus had a little "Phantom of the Sith" action going for him? All the Ravager was missing was a pipe organ and he'd be all set. :D

I agree though Nihlus had no character at all, he just was a faceless masked obsticle in our way in the game.

Malak at least had a real part in KOTOR. If I had to choose one not on your list it would be Revan, because if you think about it Revan either LS or DS is still the focus of the KOTOR series. :D

I disagree that Malak was the only Sith Lord that got fleshed out. If you got to know Kreia and chose the right dialogue paths when confronting Sion, you'd learn that his was the saddest, most horrible fall since

Anakin Skywalker

. It really takes a lot of energy to force yourself to live in the state that he was in - the man literally wanted the entire universe to eternally suffer as he did, unlike Nihilus, who just wanted to end it all.

Darth Treya

and Darth Nihilus were being merciful in comparison to the aspirations of Darth Sion in their wants for eternal rest and severance from the physical realm, whereas he wanted all in the physical plane to suffer eternally. His tactics were absolutely brutal - from wiping out the entire crew of the Harbinger one by one, to the infamous beat down scene on that old lady, to trapping

one of the Jedi Council members

on Korriban in a Sith torture chamber... He was the most brutal, IMHO, and therefore the best villian.

Plus, Sion be oogly.

Well, considering that all Nihilus practically existed for was to consume life in massive quantities, how much character do you think he'd need?

I do wish he had been the main focus of the story, though, as you would expect from his face being the centerpiece of the box-art. His story did seem more like a sidequest.

I chose him because out of those three he was the most dangerous in the long-run. Yeah Malak had a huge, endless fleet, but the fact that Nihilus didn't need a fleet to destroy an entire planet makes him more dangerous in my eyes.

However, I do think he is still the coolest looking Darth-Sith Lord thus far. :D

well its all down to personnal opinion but...

ol'Nilly boy didnt have any character at all just some "wakka-askrg-argh! *force choke* gah-gha0dhoo!" lines like that and he was easier then some dark jedi on easy mode in KOTOR. Sion was ok, I mean sure he is Scotish, has a bad skin condition, but mainly you just fight him twice and thats it. Even though you spend 3/4 the game running from these sith lords in reality...they arent really chasing you much if you think about it. Plus Sion was like beating a zombie in the end, you just had to keep whacking at him till he is rather pure-A or well stop getting up. Even though these sith lords (atleast Sion) emphasize on stealth they arent very menacing

So thats why I vote for Malak, sure he is a bit primitive in his ways of dealing with things (KILL THEM ALL!) but he was menacing

and a dam good final boss, especially on hard mode

I'd say Nihlus... just a little more than Sion. Despite how Nihlus did not talk much, I though he was an awesome character. He looked awesome, would "eat" the force.... And he seemed cruel enough. The improvements I could think of are more cutscenes with him (or visionns) some subtitles (though he doesn't really need any) Sion was just nasty.... all that scarred flesh (but cool) the sith lords were much darker. As for Malak, he was cruel, and had a great voice, but he didn't look cool enough. He wore red armour! His black "cape" was like a thin rag! Aside from that, he was good.

Originally posted by CaptainSkye

Oops! I forgot to put up Darth Bandon (would anyone actually vote for him, though? He had NO character; ultimately just a re-skinned Sith Master with improved stats and like 4 lines).

Yes... Bioware could have given him a bigger role. But you did forget to put in Darth Traya...

Yeah, but this is the most EVIL Sith Lord...Darth Traya wasn't really evil, unless you are talking about the Atris Traya. The most evil Sith Lord would be Sion, followed by Nihilis, because honestly, didn't you really just get a cruelty feeling from him when he choked poor Visas?

• 3 weeks later...

I know that this is an old thread but I like it...

I'd have to disagree with anybody who voted for Nihilus, simply because we don't really know how "good" a villian he really was as his plotline is practically non-existant. However, he certainly had more potential shock and awe than the other characters (except maybe Sion). They were all hype though. Canderous or any of the HK units are better villians than Nihilus simply because they have some semblance of depth - something Nihilus cannot even begin to claim. But maybe KOTOR 3 will fix that.

Archived