Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

Well, you did answer my question altough you didn't know it :D

Alpha Red is indeed a Yuuzhan Vong specific bio-weapon. It is developed by Dif Scour and New Republic Intelligence together with the Chiss. It is refined from the pollen of Ithorian Bafforr trees and targets a genetic treat common in all Yuuzhan Vong and Vongformed life. It was tested only in controlled enviroments before it was stolen and neutralised by Vergere. The blueprints, however were not destroyed and after a while a new batch of the bio-weapon was made. This was then first used operationally (meaning outside of a lab) on Caluula.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the Dantooine question is indeed a 'movie trivia' question, and has been asked in over there as well :)

Alpha Red has also been covered earlier in this quiz, but since you chaps are newer to here I'll let it slide ;) If you ever feel inclined though, feel free to browse over previous pages, some very intresting Qs & As :)

Ok, I see no active question, so here's one:

Q. Describe the fate of Lord Shimrra ? At whose hands ?

mtfbwya

Astrotoy7, I read trough most posts, but not the whole thread. Besides my main question was not what is Alpha Red, but where was it first used. A fine but distinctive difference I think. Anyway ,on with the Q&A.

A: Killed in the battle for Coruscant/Yuuzhan'tar . Decapitated by Luke Skywalker, using 2 lightsabers; his own and Anakin's (Solo).

Q: Who succeeded Dif Scour as head of New Republic (at that point actually GFFA) Intelligence Agency.

**bonus for 2 points** What was his/her rank when this character was first introduced and in which novel/book/comic was this?

A: (to my own Q :D) Belinda Kalenda succeeded Dif Scour and was intruduced as a Lieutenant in the first novel of the Corellian Trilogy; Ambush at Corellia.

A: (to Astro's Q) Raynar Thul was the son of Alderaanian shipping magnate Bornan Thul and Aryn Dro. He was found to be Force sensitive and send to the Jedi Academy at Yavin IV. He was part of the Myrkr mission, send to destroy the Voxyn, bio-engeneered Yuuzhan Vong Jedi killers. He was wounded by a Voxyn and taken to their Escape ship, the Tachyon Flier. Unfortunatly this ship was stolen by 2 Dark Jedi, Wekk and Lomi Plo, who were being held prisoner by the Yuuzhan Vong and were freed by the Jedi Strike team. The Flier, with Thul still aboard was fired upon by the Yuuzhan Vong as it jumped to Hyperspace and was presumed destroyed.

Warning the following has spoilers for the Dark Nest Trilogy:

The Flier chrashed in the Unkown Regions and cought fire. Raynar rescued Lomi Plo and Wekk from incineration, but the 2 Dark Jedi left their badly burnt savior to die. He was found by the insectoid Killiks of the Yoggoy hive. He became the first 'Joiner', and subsequent leader of the new Unu hive and renamed himself UnuThul.

Q: How many children did Baron Soontir Fel have? What were their names?

EDIT: Again no one answers. Is this thread not visited that often or are my questions too difficult? Anyway the anwers were:

-6 children, 5 official and one "shadowchild". A shadowchild is a child kept secret so enemies could not wipe out the whole family.

-They were Jagged, Chak, Wynssa, Davin, Cherith and the shadowchild was Cem.

New Q: What is a Nightsister?

**bonus** Where do they come from and what's the connection with Han Solo?

Palpatine_dc, the EU thread isnt as busy in in days of old... so no, its not your questions :)

I'll change the question, but feel free to let us know the answer to the unanswered part of your question.

Q. What was peculiar about the Y wing featured in "Splinter if the Minds eye" ??

mtfbwya

"all Y wings are 2 seaters"

no, actually. only the BTL-S3 version is 2-seater. that's the one used by those bothans in shadows of the empire, as well as general salm's Aggressor Wing in the Rogue Squadron comics.

the BTL-A4 version, which seems to be more common, is single-seater. it's the one used by Gold Squad at Yavin, which explains why you didn't see anyone behind the pilots of Gold Group.

Thanks benT re - Y wings

no problem.

as for the 4 TIE fighters-

1) TIE Defender

appeared in the x-wing novels Isard's Revenge & Starfighters of Adumar, along with the x-wing games. here 's a pic.

2) TIE/D

I believe that's what the TIE droid fighters are called. They appeared in Dark Empire, in the Reborn Emperor's service, as part of the attack on Mon Calamari. pic

3) TIE Raptor

A design of the engineers of Warlord Zsinj. He seems to have a thing for Raptors- even his personal ground commandos go by the same name. They're featured in the Allston novel Solo Command as part of a trap sprung on then-Commander Wedge Antilles. here 's a pic, though i think it's unofficial. can someone verify whether it matches the description given in Solo Command?

4) TIE Crawler

i'm not sure if this falls under your category of "fighter", astrotoy, but i figured this deserves a mention. It's actually a land-based TIE. a tank, so to speak. was used in Dark Empire, too, and saw action on Coruscant. here 's a picture.

other TIEs include the TIE Shuttle and those experimental TIEs we battled against in X-wing Alliance. damn, that was a fun game.

wow. 6 points to benT for the Tie question - nice work !

on a similar theme :

Q. Which class of Imperial Tie Fighter did Nom Anor fly when he first appeared in EU ??

hint1: this was NOT during the NJO period

hint2: this ship was not mentioned by benT

bonus: pic

mtfbwya

Archived