Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

I'm gonna have to say Lando referencing his "Little maneuver at the battle of Tanaab"

Since it's just a poke in the dark, I'll wait for confirmation before asking.

[edit] oops, my bad, made a guess about ROTJ rather than ROTS. Curse you lucas for making the initials so similar.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is getting confusing, how many q's are there in plaY?

neways

My guess is Dooku, as Vos traced him back to the coruscant hideout....

Your Wrong. Yeah, something ive read that astro hasn't :p . It was set in the Republic comics, Quinlan Vos as a spy for the republic believed that the sith who was controlling the republic was a warquee (spelling) called sora bulq. He thought Dooku was actually his apprentice and was only feigning his leadership.

So many kewl jedi are mentioned in these comics, its sad what happens in ROTS.

I believe the question in play is

Q. in AOTC, the EU novel reference was the border dispute on Ansion(from "The Approaching Storm" What is the EU tie in in ROTS ??

I'm going to guess it's the whole presence of General Grievous. The Clone Wars cartoon is nice, but it's little more than EU. I seriously doubt that George Lucas takes it any more seriously than the other SW cartoons (Droids, Ewoks, SW Holiday Special, etc...) or the Ewok Adventures movies.

I'm not certain if this is correct. Whether or not, I would like to ask a question:

Q: Who was Alexi Garyn, what was his role, and what became of him? (I'm looking for short, brief answers only. Details are not important)

EDIT:

Sorry about that Astro. You are right. Your own council will you keep on when a question will be asked.:yoda:

Originally posted by jedispy

I believe the question in play is

I'm going to guess it's the whole presence of General Grievous. The Clone Wars cartoon is nice, but it's little more than EU. I seriously doubt that George Lucas takes it any more seriously than the other SW cartoons (Droids, Ewoks, SW Holiday Special, etc...) or the Ewok Adventures movies.

I'm not certain if this is correct. Whether or not, I would like to ask a question

jedispy, let me decide when questions are ready to be rolled over next time please... you should know that they should be given a day in the sun :)

secondly, I dont think Grevious is listed under "EU" an sw.com :p

The answer I was looking for was Obi Wans reference to "That business on Cato Neimoudia" when tallying the amount of times anakin has saved his life.... This describes the events at the start of the ROTS prequel novel "Labyrinthe of Evil" :)

jedispys question can stand

Q: Who was Alexi Garyn, what was his role, and what became of him? (I'm looking for short, brief answers only. Details are not important

mtfbwya

• 1 month later...

OMG! Following the hardware problems it seems we have gone back to June 11 status, which means the above question had already been answered.

I will change the question, and we will pretend nothin ever happenned, right...

Q. What is a force meld ? Who's involved and Why ?

mtfbwya

Force Meld is where two of more Jedi link minds to play off each other's physical and mental senses to increase their own awareness as well as those who they meld with. Sort of a symbiotic super jedi skill.

Source: One of the NJO books. Sorry can't remember which one.

Question:

What is the best and most traditional type of crystal used in lightsaber construction?

What is the best and most traditional type of crystal used in lightsaber construction?

I believe the answer is Corusca Gem (which apparently has nothing to do with Coruscant). It is better to find corusca gems in nature, but since they are so rare, it is easier to synthesize them. Sources are Thrawn trillogy and Shadows of the Empire.

If I'm right:

[ASTRO]You are !!

Q: What is the Menarai?

The tallest mountain chain on coruscant. My post and the preceeding question about XWA were lost it seems =(

Q: Who was piloting the shuttle the second time Ysanne Isard was triying to escape by making people think she was shot down? (like at Thyferra, but the second time)

The tallest mountain chain on coruscant.

I guess you are correct. I was actually thinking about the name of the most exclusive restaurant on Coruscant, which by the way is near the summit of the tallest mountain of the same planet. So technically correct.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Sorry for the spam fellas

<Jedispy slaps his own wrists>

Q: Who was piloting the shuttle the second time Ysanne Isard was triying to escape by making people think she was shot down? (like at Thyferra, but the second time)

I wasnt hugely surprised that this went unanswered.... It is *very* specific :(

If you can tell us the answer Bannon, that would be much appreciated :)

thus, new day, new question

Q. Who is Zsinj ??

mtfbwya

Zsinj was an imperial admiral turned warlord after the emperor's demise. He was the most prominent enemy to the New Republic after Isard was defeated. Solo was reinstated as general at one stage in charge of defeating Zsinj's fleet. Zsinj met his end when his star destroyer's bridge was destroyed above the planet Dathomir. Source: X-Wing series (Allston), The Courtship of Princess Leia

Q. When did Luke become a Jedi Master

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

A: After he defeated Vader I thought...

Sorry for no question, but I don't have the time right yet :p

I will soon tho.

Nope, sorry Sam(nice to see you here by the way :) ) That's when he became a *jedi*

"Vader, you must confront Vader. Only then, a Jedi will you be" - Yoda in ROTJ

so, the questions stays open for a little while longer

Q. When did Luke become a Jedi Master ??

Originally posted by Cpt. Bannon

I'm just posting a reply to my question...yeah, I guess that was a little too specific...It was Colonel Llorrir.

As to when Luke became a master...no idea...was it when he decided to set up his jedi praxeum?

Thanks for the answer Bannon, and yes, you are correct with the answer :)

New Question

Q. When did Leia and Jaina shave their heads and why ?

No Takers ?? :p

In Balance point, the refugees heads were shaved as part of a decontamination procedure. Leia and Jaina showed their solidarity with the refugees by also shaving their heads(although they didnt need decontamination)...

NEW Question

Q. Name the infamous Falleen Prince, How was his name pronounced ? :)

[EDIT] Hmmm..I think the change to VB3 has thrown some people :p That was a dead easy question... Of course the answer is Prince Xizor (shee-zor) from shadows of the empire...

NEW Question

Q. What was the name of the operation to retrieve the Death Star Plans ??

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
Q. Name the infamous Falleen Prince, How was his name pronounced ? :)

Curse my fleshly body!!! I wasn't fast enough. Shame on me.

Q. What was the name of the operation to retrieve the Death Star Plans ??

Operation Skyhook. Kyle Katarn played a key role in the project, but his involvement ended when he turned over the DS plans to Mon Mothma.

Q: What is Black Nebula?

EDIT: Honestly, I thought that this would be an easy one. The answer is that Black Nebula is what Black Sun became after Xizor's death in Shadows of the Empire.

So new question:

Q: What is the name for the force power where a Force-attuned person (Jedi, Dark Jedi, & Sith) can collectively affect the minds of armies to either encourage and strengthen, or weaken and terrify? (Hint: it's not Jedi Mind Trick)

I was just about to answer Black Nebula.... with a totally different answer :D It was a hiding place for starships on the run, as described in the Black Fleet Trilogy ,,ah well

as for jedispy's question, Im pretty sure its Battle Meditation. Nomi Sunrider from the Tales of the Jedi comics used it, and Luke found out about it during Dark Empire sometime... Qui Gon Jinn seems to use it while he was fighting Maul in TPM...it didnt do him much good tho !!! :p

New Question

Q. What is a Bimm ?

mtfbwya

I was just about to answer Black Nebula.... with a totally different answer :D It was a hiding place for starships on the run, as described in the Black Fleet Trilogy ,,ah well

I did not know that. Cool.

as for jedispy's question, Im pretty sure its Battle Meditation. Nomi Sunrider from the Tales of the Jedi comics used it, and Luke found out about it during Dark Empire sometime... Qui Gon Jinn seems to use it while he was fighting Maul in TPM...it didnt do him much good tho !!! :p

Correct!! Furthermore, EU brings into speculation that it is what Emperor Palpatine did to make the Imperial forces all over the galaxy so efficient. His death is therefore the reason why the Empire lost the battle Endor (they had FAR more starships than the Rebellion).

New Question

Q. What is a Bimm ?

mtfbwya

I believe a Bimm is a member of planet Bimmisarri <sp?> They are in Heir to the Empire in one of the first Noghri encounters for Luke and company.

pass if correct.

hehe, Palpy's battle meditation excuse draws far too long a bow for me.... But I guess if he could mask himself as a sith right under the Jedi Councils nose, then he can probably pull other amazing feats off too :p I still dont understand why he giggled so much in ROTS :(

New Question

Q. How do the Yuuzhan Vong alter gravity ? Name three examples of how they use this ?

heh, with Shok and Phreak having disappeared in a cloud of dust it seems no else can answer NJO questions *makes mental note*

A. The YV used these organisms called "Dovin Basals" which generate gravity fields.... 3 uses are:

*Pulling ships out of hyperspace(like Imperial interdictor ships)

*Supplementing starship defences, with the gravity acting to dissipate fire from New Republic ships. This resulted in Wedge/Jaina/Jag Fel and others devising a technique that would expolit the basals limited ability to react to multiple projectiles/laserfire on a concentarted spot

*A HUGE dovin basal was created to pull the moon of Serpindal out of its orbit, causing it to collide with the planet itself.... pretty awesome... unfortunately it resulted in the death of one of our furry heroes :(

New Question

Q. What was Arica's crucial blunder ? Who the heck was Arica anyway ?? :p

hmmm..No takers ??

... Arica, one of Jabbas dancers, was in fact Mara Jade in disguise, as described in TTT. Unfortunately for her, she couldnt get a spot on the sail barge and thus didnt get an opportunity to kill Luke.

Q. Who did Corran horn work for before joining Rogue Squadron ?

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...

Corsec is correct Leviathan :) Kirtan Loor also worked for Corsec under Gil Bastra before he , Corran Horn and Iella and Diric Wessiri defected to the alliance.

source: Rogue Squadron Novels

Q. What did Ysanne Isard plan to infect the Coruscant population with before the New Republic took control ??

mtfbwya

Glad you're enjoying it Leviathan :)

Most of the other regulars seem to be napping at the moment :p

Now, I have FINALLY gotten around to sorting through over 130 posts to come up with the current TALLY....

EU Tally 7.jpg

Congratulations to SHOK, who has put in an awesome round with 13 points. Special nod to jediknight114, abespam and jedispy for some great answers :)

Phreak of course still the overall leader, can he be stopped ???

Shok isnt getting his lavish prize until he next shows up :p

The show must go on:

Q. Who was the Imperial Admiral that featured in the Jedi Academy Trilogy novels ??

mtfbwya

Admiral Daala. She commanded 4 victory class Star Destroyers at the Maw Installation.

I can't remember if this question has already been asked.

Q: What is the very first planet to be destroyed by the first Death Star?

(hint: It's NOT Alderaan)

Archived