Home

The Official EU Trivia Thread !

Astrotoy7

A "Solo Slingshot" is an assault's technique using the distortions of a Basal Dovin. A star-ship just have to let it getting "trapped" into one of those Yuuzhan Vongs' "weapons" and realize a certain operation to be catapulted out of the distortion field...

Leviathan, you mustve been tired when you wrote that answer :p

This technique was serendipitously discovered ny Han Solo when he encountered a dovin basal mine...namely a Yuuzhan Vong engineered mine with an ability to project gravity distortions (usuallu used for shielding purposes)

Han dove the Falcon at the mine and at the last minute ramped power up to fly away from the mine. With the power being sufficient to overcome the mines projected gravity, the dovin basal effectively gave the falcon an extra push.

Even in our world, the principle of this technique was used when deploying various satellites and space probes, relying on the gravity of planets/moons of course :)

Q. Name 5 Chiss ?

mtfbwya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't a Jedi Master, even though he gathered to the Jedi Council, and he was polygamist... (His species, more generally...)

Yeah that's one of those "EU now debunked by cannon" things. As we know from ROTS now, Ki Adi Mundi was always a Jedi Master while he was on the Jedi Council. We know that from when Anakin said that he was the first ever.

Furthermore, Ki Adi Mundi's species was endangered. Therefore, to keep them in the living Force, he was granted a concession from the Jedi Order to help his population by being married and have a family.

Q: What was Leia's Noghri title?

A question that doesn't count for anything, but something I've always wondered:

Does Kyle Katarn appear in any EU media other than the dark forces games/books/comics? Is he in the NJO stories ever?

A: Lady Vader

Q: What were the names of the Star Destroyers in Admiral Daala's squadron guarding the Maw installation?

A question that doesn't count for anything, but something I've always wondered:

Does Kyle Katarn appear in any EU media other than the dark forces games/books/comics? Is he in the NJO stories ever?

Yes, he does, but only cameos. Altough in The Unifying Force he has a line of dialogue. He is also mentioned as "combat instructor".

That's cool. I did not know that. I was always afraid that he was just in video game EU, and that he wasn't in anything else. You got a gold mine on that Kyle Katarn character!

As for the Noghri title, I guess you are right, but I was going more with Mal'ryush (or however it's spelled.)

Sorry...don't have a clue with the names of the star destroyers.

As for the Noghri title, I guess you are right, but I was going more with Mal'ryush (or however it's spelled.)

I remember it is a title like "Malary'ush", or an approaching thing...

Q: What were the names of the Star Destroyers in Admiral Daala's squadron guarding the Maw installation?

There were four Star Destroyers guarding that installation :

• The Gorgon
  • The Hydra
  • The Basilisk
  • The Manticore

(But I'm not entirely sure of my answers...)

A: Major Grodin Tierce was a stormtrooper that started out with the serial number of TR-889. He was chosen to be a member of the royal guard on Yinchorr. He became a stormtrooper officer under Thrawn and became the new clone template because of his abilities. The clone of him was unimpressive and the cloning project was cancelled. Tierce died on Thrawn's campaign in Generis, and the clone took the identity of Tierce. Is that enough?

Q: What was the name of Jango Fett's first ship?

While your answer is not incorrect, it wasn't really what I wanted. I actually wanted to see more about the clone. Why? Because I asked major Godin Tierce. We don't actually know Tierce's rank at his death, but I think it's safe to say that in the 10 years since then the clone was promoted at least once. Since the clone is a major when in the sevice of Moff Disra, I'd say he'd been more of a captain or lieutenant at the time of his death . But maybe my question wasn't that clear, so that's why I can't really say it's wrong.

A: The Galactic Federation of Free Alliances. (and in a Galaxy Far Far Away) It's leader is Chief of State Cal Omas.

Q: Who did the airspeeder Anakin 'borrowed' in AotC, belong to?

Edit: It's indeed about the speeder in the Zam Wessel-chase

Oh and I think Jango's first ship might have been the Jaster Legacy. Not sure though.

There are 7 main (official) forms of lightsaber combat.

Form I: Shii-Cho

Form II: Makashi

Form III: Soresu

Form IV: Ataro

Form V: Shien (/Djem So)

Form VI: Niman

Form VII: Juyo

But there are also a couple "unofficial" forms that that are based upon the main 7.

Form VIII: Sokan (based on form IV)

Form IX: Shien

Form X: Niman ( dual sabers)

New Q: Who is Jangotat?

Jangotat is ONE of the clones of Jango.

He was killed on Cestus. He had a "lover" who would call him Jangotat, instead of his # designation.

((can't remember the girl's name ~~was it: Sheeka Tull?))

ANyway....Sheeka Tull "opened him up" to a 'whole new world.'

ALSO....Sheeka Tull used to date Jango Fett.

I THINK Jangotat means "Brother of Jango" (I THINK!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information:

Read "Star Wars: The Cestus Deception"

:vader3: [vader] Impressive... Very impressive [/vader] :vader3:

Correct on everything. On a side note Jangotat was an ARC Trooper with designation A-98, or Nate. I read The Cestus Deception, that's why I asked. :D

I'll let you ask a new question, but if you can't think of one, I still have loads of ideas for new ones. :thmbup1:

^^It was a veeeeerrrrrry good book. I reallllllllly enjoyed it (I bought it at a gas station in Arizona ~~so, i would have something to read in the rental car, on our way to the Grand Canyon (in 2005).

Question:

Ummm....

"Which planet does Princess Leia say that they Rebel base is on (in Ep.4--when she is on the Death Star, and she [lies] so that Alderaan doesn't get blown up)"

HINT: It is a planet that is in the KOTOR series. (if u don't know what kotor is...then, too bad!!!)

Alpha Red is a virus, developped by both the New Republic and Chiss, which was able to target a specified genetic sequence to annihilite it. In fact, it was intended to the Yuuzhan Vong forms of life... Originally, Alpha Red was discovered on a world called "Caluula", where it decimated an entire species !

PS : What do you mean exactly in your first question, Palpatine' ?

Archived