Home

Ahh, firefox how we love you!

jon_hill987

The only site i know that does not work with firefox is windows update, hmm can't think why MS did that.

There are a few minor glitches on a few other pages (including this one) but I got over it.

And Tabbed browsing alone is a good enough reason to have firefox. for me anyway.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I don't like proprietary extensions because they're not actually in the CSS or HTML specification. Firefox has better support for the specifications than any other browser. MS spends their time making IE do nonofficial things like the text glow feature. Only IE has it because MS wanted to convince people that IE was better 'cause it could do tricks. :rolleyes: Really, IE falls flat on its face just trying to do the simple things like layout. Ugh. And CSS2's been around since '98. You'd think they have had enough time to fix a few bugs...

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

MS spends their time making IE do nonofficial things like the text glow feature. Only IE has it because MS wanted to convince people that IE was better 'cause it could do tricks.

Well said. The browser wars never have ended officially.

Originally posted by tk102

Well said. The browser wars never have ended officially.

bah ! who needs browsers. Im looking forward to the day when I can plug the internet directly into my head :(

somethin really weird was happenin recently every time i looged on to the net, all these warning boxes were coming up from my AV program that made no sense :( I have since installed firefox and this isnt happening.....but dont think Im one of your brainwashed converts, damn firefox nazis !

mtfbwya

Well you sound like a brainwashed convert to me! :)

And just because we want to wipe IE off the face of the net and replace it with a supperior race of browsers does not make us firefox nazis.

I wouldn't want to plug my head into the net though, what about the viruses spyware and worms, it just wouldn't be healthy.

Hackers actually want to trap people, IE has the largest part of the market (by far), so it's normal they concentrate on it as they have more potential victims. No browser is perfect and I'm quite sure that many flaws will be exposed and exploited as the browser attracts more users... and hackers.

Archived