Home

PC Demo Info *demo spoilers*

lukeskywalker1

Ive been lurking around the LA forum, and found some "info" that you may, or may not know. I breifly looked around this forum but didn't see anyone say anything about what I am about to say so here is it. If its wrong, sorry... if its been posted... sorry.

The PC Demo is OUT! Umm.. in a magazine in Germany. Tough stuff for us. Its a completly different level other than in the X-Box level. So... play both to get a large portion of RC experience before the game is released.

It takes place on Kashyyke, with trandoshans and wookies. Ive heard the trandoshans can fly! Kinda weaird, but yeah... fly. Also, General Greivous (spelling?) supposidly makes an appearence.

Some german dude uploaded the demo, but the link was shut down (I assume) well.. it didn't work. The apparent file size is 420 MBs.

There was another rumor going around that the demo was going to be released online today, wednesday, Jan 26, 2005. Didn't happen, although this wasn't official.

Another unofficial rumor is that the demo will be released the first week of February. Lets keep our fingers crossed, but don't let your hopes be dashed because this is only a rumor. But hey, if they have a PC demo with a german magazine then why won't they upload the thing online?!

Well, thats all the info I have. Feel free to discuss and add to this guys.

Like I said, I can't verify any of that is 100% true, so if its false, don't kill me. :p

Can't wait for the demo.

Dumb 56k... 420 MBs. That will take like... 3 days. :(

-lukeskywalker1

Nah, I don't think it was illegal for them to upload the demo, but I think the host might get mad because its 420 MBs.. and a few thousand star wars fans could all start downloading at the same time.

Think about it, most of the people who started the download said they got to around 45%. Thats... uh... *gets out calculator* .... *counts on fingers* .... ummm.... oh... 1 ... 2.. 3... oh um, 189 Megabytes roughly. Thats a lot of bandwidth for one file.

(420/100 = 4.2 * 45 = 189) Well, thats how I got 189, could be wrong, but who cares? This is a demo thread not math class.

The thing I am wondering is, if the germans have a demo, then lucasarts has it completed. So whats the hold up? Why not throw it on their server!?!?

Originally posted by txa1265

Aw c'mon, where's your sense of adventure ... think of the viruses you could pick up?!?!

Mike

I was thinking more of the leaked Jedi Academy demo where force lightning was an instant kill. It was kind of funny though...

Check it:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/forum.jspa?forumID=43&start=0

Either LA is blind, or they don't care. Either way, the demo found its own way out... theres like 10 threads saying DEMO OUT! GET LINK HERE! ... etc.

Im sure they would have stopped it if they didn't want it out...

I would get a DL link, but Im not as adventurous as txa1265.

I was thinking more of the leaked Jedi Academy demo where force lightning was an instant kill. It was kind of funny though...

Demo or beta? I don't remember the lightning doing that in the demo. :-\

Hopefully the various reputable websites out there won't wait until next Friday (when LucasArts usually does major updates) to post mirrors!

I'll see if I can find it when I get home late, late tonight.

To those who did get it, good hunting.. post your impressions!

Just bear in mind, if any of this stuff is in any way illegal (ie: unofficial versions, leaked betas), please don't post about it here. Only Demos sanctioned by LucasArts and the RC development team will be promoted here.

If you recall Jedi Academy "beta" was unofficially and illegally leaked. It gave a false impression of the full game, and was basically warez. It was our policy to crack down on that here, and we'll do the same for anything similar for Republic Commando. So be careful...

Let's hear your impressions, those of you who have been lucky enough to play RC demo on the pc (USE YOUR SPOILER TAGS & WARNINGS!).

Archived