Home

So it seems the Heart and Mantle crystals are in TSL, or are they?

EmperorJello

Using console cheats, it is possible to pull the two special lightsabers containing the Heart and the Mantle into the game... yet they seem to be unmodifiable from the workbench, which is interesting.

I read in another thread that it was possible to use KOTOR items in TSL by placing the proper .util files in the Override and then using KSE to add them into the inventory. I haven't tried this, but I wonder...

...supposing that the Heart and Mantle were placed into the game, would they work at all? Since they had special effects, I'm not entirely sure that they'd be useable or anything.

No they are not... you would have to make upgrade crystals for them seperate from the normal ones... that is way too much a pain to try... believe me! :)

The lightsaber files are still pretty much the same as in KOTOR but, the upgrades/crystals themselves now have the attributes to apply to the item. No longer is that information accessed from the saber .uti file, much easier to add upgrade crystals now IMHO, so the sabers .uti properties tree is basically retained for some unknown reason, but it is now no longer used for upgrades...

So yes the sabers are there, but you can't upgrade them... I'm sure a killer saber could be built just by editing those legacy properties though... :D

Okay Let me get this clear Redhawke.

The upgrade and upcrystals now define what properties go into a saber and when we add a crystal so that now the uti does not have a list of properties as long as your arm?

I suppose I should get off my lazy arse and just look for me self.

Originally posted by Darkkender

Okay Let me get this clear Redhawke.

The upgrade and upcrystals now define what properties go into a saber and when we add a crystal so that now the uti does not have a list of properties as long as your arm?

Yes, just to clairify, the properties a crystal or upgrade give to the item they are placed on are now stored in the upgrade or crystals .uti files themselves.

I suppose I should get off my lazy arse and just look for me self.

I say nothing... nothing!

or;

*RedHawke gets out 10-foot pole!*

:D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Yes, just to clairify, the properties a crystal or upgrade give to the item they are placed on are now stored in the upgrade or crystals .uti files themselves.

I think I might try my hand at this and play around and see what I can get. I know I want to port my Guardian of the Force crystal and saber into TSL. Since it was themed after the Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force crystals.

Interesting... so you made a KOTOR saber that was similar to both the Heart and the Mantle?

What color was it, might I ask? I am in love with the Heart's blade color, as well as the glow color around the saber in the inventory. It'd be nice if I could get a working Heart crystal in TSL, but if you've got a similar saber you were planning to mod...

If you get my Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest mod from my sig. There is a more completed version of The Guardian of the Force Sabers in there. However I would like to point out That I had neglected several saber crystals when putting it together so it may not be so hot. Color was a Purple core with a Blue glow. I also added a version of Chainz.2da's segan wyndth saber in there for it.

Now as to the HOTG saber the orange lightsaber is the HOTG with a simpler name. They used it's crystal I think for the Bondar crystal now. So it should be pretty simple to adapt and throw in there. The only thing that will be difficult is having the extra properties brought on by the blade crystal now. I'm going to monkey around with that and see what I can do. If all else fails we may be able to make new upgrades now and have them work instead. Somebody mentioned on another thread a amber lightsaber I kinda want to look into this one.

I think the MOTF is used in the game at least once though

when you meet Atris and she has your old lightsaber. That is the MOTF not blue that she is holding.

I think the MOTF is used in the game at least once though

when you meet Atris and she has your old lightsaber. That is the MOTF not blue that she is holding.

Hey Darkkender, just a note on your spoiler:

When Atton asks what type of saber wielder you once were, and you ramble off all the answers, ie - style, single or double, color. It's that particular saber Atris will be holding when you meet her ;) When I met her, she was wielding a double-bladed Veridian (green) saber. I thought that was pretty kewl of the TSL devs...sneeky buggers they are.. hehehe

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Hey Darkkender, just a note on your spoiler:

When Atton asks what type of saber wielder you once were, and you ramble off all the answers, ie - style, single or double, color. It's that particular saber Atris will be holding when you meet her ;) When I met her, she was wielding a double-bladed Veridian (green) saber. I thought that was pretty kewl of the TSL devs...sneeky buggers they are.. hehehe

"I had said I couldn't remember." To Atton, so I think they may default it to that unless they scripted a default for each of the character classes in which case that might be neat. Guardian default MOTF, Sentinel Defualt HOTG, & Counseler defualt Veridian. If they didn't maybe we should script it together and add it in there.

Archived