Home

Exile's Item Pack now up at my site.

RedHawke

Hello all,

I have been busy making this one, even used a GFF Editor for all the items too. Thanks to Darth333's handy Whereami Armband we are all saved! :D

This is a package of custom items I created strictly for the Exile (PC). OK actually there is one item for each of your party members too! :)

These items can be found in game normally on the Harbringer in your quarters or gotten by using the 'giveitem' cheat with the cheat console, the giveitem codes are listed at the bottom of the readme.

New Version 1.1

Get it here! :emperor:

Or Here! Or The PCGameMods Direct Download Link... Here! :ben:

As I said above when you go into your quarters on the Harbringer, and the one time cutscene dialog about your quarters happens, you will find your Verpine Klakar X-1000 Portable Vault there, open it up and see... You have the choice of just taking the LS stuff... or just the DS stuff... or be impatient 'like me' and get all the stuff at once. Be careful, once you choose to take the items there is no going back.

A small Warning, once again these items are powerful, but definately not like the ones I made early on in my KOTOR I days like the Revan Items were. This time I focused more on the skill bonuses as they save your behind more in TSL than they did in KOTOR. The items attributes are listed below, as well as in the readme file. :D

These Exile items all have attributes within the limitations of the games normal given items (I.E. No +10 to all attributes, and 5 Regeneration on everything this time. and using everything you won't have attributes in the low 40's.), in most cases I simply combined a few of the games items properties together to make the new Exile item of that class/type.

I tried not too be outragous, but everyone has a different opinion of what a powerful or outragous item is. With the exception of the combined skill bonuses, you can get almost as nasty bonuses as this item pack using the games found items, just you will have to constantly be changing items for different situations. I hated that, hence I made these items.

At the current time, this item pack is definately for use on the hardest difficulty settings, with an eye toward any future Hardcore mod. ;)

Installation Instructions:

-------------------------------------------------

First, if you have not already done so, create a folder called "Override", without the quotes, in your KOTOR2 directory.

Extract the contents of the zip to a temporary folder, run the Patcher EXE follow the instructions, and you should be good to go.

NOTE: You will need to completely uninstall the previous version of this mod before installing this version... sorry. But this should have no effect upon your savegames, as the original uti files and skins are un-altered.

Using the TSL Patcher this mod now will modify upcrystals.2da and upgrade.2da.

Uninstallation Instructions:

-------------------------------------------------

Simply delete these files from your override directory, and restore any necissary files from the backup directory the patcher makes in the temp folder you run the patcher from.

What does this mod contain?

:roleyess: Well... here we go...

This Item Package Contains:

--------------------------------------------------

Note: Use of the term "<FullName>" indicates the item will have your PC's name on them. Also I didn't make use of alignment restriction as I don't like them.

And as Atris proves that Evil can definately wear white!

<FullName> Omega Implant = +2 All Attributes, +2 All Saves, +6 All Skills, Regen. 2, Regen. FP 2, Immune to Critical Hits, Mind Affecting, Poisons.

<FullName> Computer Bracer = +2 Cha, Int, Con, +5 All Skills, +2 All Saves, Regen. 3, Bonus Feat: Focus LS, W. Spec. LS

<FullName> Shield Bracer = Renewable Heavy Shield, 50% Damage Immunity to Energy, Ion, Sonic, Fire, Electrical, Cold (The nastiest item in the lot IMHO)

<FullName> Utility Belt = +2 Str, Dex, Con, +4 All Saves, +4 to Comp, Rep, Demo, Security, +9 to Stealth, Treat Inj, Damage Resistance: Slashing, Piercing, Blungoning, Energy 20 pts.

<FullName> Force Nexus Talisman Circlet = +2 Cha, Int, +4 Persuasion, +9 Awareness, Regen. FP 4, Force Resist +20, Immune to Mind Effecting.

<FullName> Sith Gloves (and Jedi Gloves) = +2 Dex, Wis, +5 Comp, Sec, Demo, Rep, +2 All Saves, Regen. 1, Regen. FP 1, Bonus Feat: 2 Weapon Fighting (all 3 levels), Dueling (all 3 levels).

<FullName> Sith Robes (Jedi Robes, and White Robes) = Defense 4, +2 Str, Wis, +2 All Saves, Regen. FP 3 (Fully Upgradeable)

The Robe Texture Variants are for the Sith Robe the #6 Black (Model I), the Jedi Robe the #4 Brown N White (Model I), and the White Robe is the Handmaidens Texture (Model N).

Nanoweave Battle Underlay = Regen. 4, +2 Con, +5 Stealth

Nanoweave Overlay = +2 Dex, Damage Resistance: Cold, Fire, Sonic, Ion, Electrical 20 pts.

<FullName> Color Crystals = Come in Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Violet, White, Orange, Teal, and Varidian they make the Exile's series of Lightsabers (Single, Double, and Short) listed below, all colors have the same attributes. That is 9 crystals and 27 lightsabers!!!

<FullName> Lightsaber = Uses Malak's Longer Saber Model, Custom Skins, Base +3 Attack, Massive Criticals +1-10, +1-10 Energy Damage, Keen. (Fully Upgradeable)

(I so love the big 2-handed swords I had to have this one in TSL and thankfully it is included in the games files. Thank You OE!)

<FullName> Double Lightsaber = Uses Standard Model, Custom Skins, Base +3 Attack, Massive Criticals +2-12, +1-12 Energy Damage, Keen. (Fully Upgradeable)

<FullName> Short Lightsaber = Uses Standard Normal Saber Model, Custom Skins, Base +3 Attack, Massive Criticals +1-8, +1-8 Energy Damage, Keen. (Fully Upgradeable)

Other Non-Exile Items:

Verpine Enhancement Armband = +2 All Attributes, +2 All Saves, Usable only by your Organic NPC's. (A Little Something for the Crew)

I hope you like them! Enjoy! :D

EDIT: I have released an update for this mod creating custom textures for the Exile's robes and creating a whole new White robe for the Exile using the thinner Padawan model instead of the Bathrobe.

Available Here! :ben:

I have also enclosed textures that are compatable with svösh's Robe Collar Fix, and IlikeCommas Padawan Robe Texture Pack Fix for the collar fix.

New In Version 1.1: Altered the Mod to use Stoffe-mkb-'s TSL Patcher Program for complete compatibility. Fixed the give item scripts so that the "Game Freeze" glitch no longer happens. This does not affect the Robe Texture Update for this mod.

Update: As per request by Darth Pierrot, I have merged SuperSquall's Skip Peragus Mod's give item script with my own, so to make our mods compatible just simply download this fix in this post and install it over the script from SS mod, and it should give you all my Exile's Item Pack files when the mod gives you the items it does. I also added the Space Suit to the list of items the mod gives so you will need to drop the uti file in your override as well. As always read the readme file. :D

As per a request by Hoplite28, I have attached some scripts for my mod to give some normal sabers out with my other items... just install the 3 .ncs scripts contained in the zip over my original ones installed in your TSL override folder.

RH_EIP_GivesSabersBooster.zip

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's no fair :mad: ! I don't even have my copy yet to play through it and already you guys are pumping out these great mods I want to use.

Oh well I'll just get it and hold on to them till I get through the game at least once. Looking forward to what else you put out.

Just thought I'd add thanks for doing the scripting placement, way to many mods conflicted in Kotor with using the utc files and such.

Originally posted by Nodakrattler

It's no fair :mad: ! I don't even have my copy yet to play through it and already you guys are pumping out these great mods I want to use.

:roleyess: Well... I had to twist some arms and break a few kneecaps to get my copy! :dev11:

Originally posted by Nodakrattler

Just thought I'd add thanks for doing the scripting placement, way to many mods conflicted in Kotor with using the utc files and such.

We have come a long way since KOTOR I... Scripting and a little dialogue creativity go a long way... It is just so much easier to do too! ;)

Originally posted by Raveth

EnableCheat=1 i do that same as Kotor 1 in TSL?

yes it is however the cheats are now invisible so you can't see what you type.

*ALERT* This mod contains an archive within an archive.

For those who may not of noticed this discussed in the other thread. You will need to extract the archive. Then use the open with command on the single file contained within and use your archive extraction utility on it as you normally would.

I figured I would heads up and mention it here Redhawke since I just downloaded and checked it and it has the same thing going on as the workbench robes mod.

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Hey RedHawke, leave something for the rest of us to do!! :lol:

:) agreed

Sounds like a good collection of items Redhawke, I'm glad you mentioned Malaks saber I forgot about that one. using it will tyed me over until I can get my saber in game.

Originally posted by Frobby007

i have a problem i want to use this mod greatly but i can't. Whenever i download it, it says the file is invalid or corrupt. Please help.

Originally posted by Darkkender

*ALERT* This mod contains an archive within an archive.

For those who may not of noticed this discussed in the other thread. You will need to extract the archive. Then use the open with command on the single file contained within and use your archive extraction utility on it as you normally would.

I figured I would heads up and mention it here Redhawke since I just downloaded and checked it and it has the same thing going on as the workbench robes mod.

Nice work Redhawke, but where did you get the values for the item properties? I haven't been able to open any 2da files... :rolleyes:

Everyone,

I really am at my wits end on the winzip problem, since they all work flawlessly on my end I really don't know what to do. :mad:

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Nice work Redhawke, but where did you get the values for the item properties? I haven't been able to open any 2da files... :rolleyes:

First you have to open KT then point it to your TSL directories, once you reopen KT and the 2da files for TSL are all in their proper places in BIF's. KT's 2da editor works just fine on them too! :D

Update on the corrupted zip problem, I think it is something my host is doing, or something built into IE's Downloader... because I upload known good .zip files and when I download with IE I get the invalid archive message... like IE's downloader is corrupting the file? :eek:

I don't get the message downloading the zip files with FireFox? :confused:

My suggestion for now is to download with Firefox or use the method Darkkender described above to extract the zip.

:confused:

Also, I wonder why this has just started happening... has MS patched IE recently or what?

I'm going to give this a download and give it a whirl, I'll let you know if it works or not, I download with IE and get no error message so who knows, also is this upgrade.2da file compatible with envida's mod? And if not do the row numbers mean anything in the upgrade.2da file if I were ot edit it, you know does the row number have anything to do with the .uti for the upgrade? I would imagine not though.

Originally posted by kasimmorathi

Problem Redhawke, the Exile Jedi Robes, as far as I've seen thus far (didn't take the others) cannot be upgraded even though the description tells that they can be. They don't show up on the Ebon Hawk workbench as upgradeable.

It is set to be upgradeable in the .uti file, I just double checked and there most definately is a 2 where it is supposed to be, and I can see/upgrade them on my WB... :confused:

Originally posted by maverick187

I'm going to give this a download and give it a whirl, I'll let you know if it works or not, I download with IE and get no error message so who knows,

Now that's just wierd! But I'm glad it downloaded and worked for someone. ;)

also is this upgrade.2da file compatible with envida's mod? And if not do the row numbers mean anything in the upgrade.2da file if I were ot edit it, you know does the row number have anything to do with the .uti for the upgrade? I would imagine not though.

No, I didn't know Envida used this file, but the row numbers don't matter just combine them like upcrystals.2da and all should be well. :D

Not to raise a Red flag here but speaking of envida's mod there seems to be a compatibility issue with this mod and that one. I've spent 1/2 my evening trying to figure it out. I'm really wishing I had thought to have a save before and after entering your quarters on the harbinger as that would probably have helped me trouble shoot. So far from what I can tell if you are using both mods the game will launch envida's script but not redhawke's. Of course I didn't realize I had a problem untill I was aboard the Ebon Hawk and it was too late.

Nope, I just DL'd and checked Envida's mod, (Very smooth by the way Envida!) and it uses the onenter script... k_152area_enter

I use the script (a_turn152pcdoor) that is fired on the one time cutscene where you talk about the quarters being yours with Atton and Krea...

There should be no compatability issues.

I know I've spent my time coming through the pcode to try to figure it out. I've got a new game started with just yours loaded in there to see if it works fine by itself. The only thing I didn't think to check which just donned on me is the location where the containers spawn. If they are close to each other maybe yours is being offset behind the wall so you can't see it. I could be just reaching though.

Update!

Thanks to the ever vigilant Darkkender, I found out that I was using the exact same coordinates as Envida's did for my spawned placeable, what are the odds of that? :eek:

I have corrected this and uploaded it on my site, and now the placeable metalbox is next to the bed by the door now... :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

Update!

Thanks to the ever vigilant Darkkender, I found out that I was using the exact same coordinates as Envida's did for my spawned placeable, what are the odds of that? :eek:

I have corrected this and uploaded it on my site, and now the placeable metalbox is next to the bed by the door now... :D

LOL, wow and here I was just pulling a wild rabbit out of a hat and as a sudden brain surge and I get called vigilant. Thanks Redhawke for the compliment. Now to downloading this and truly giving it a whirl.:cool:

Great job RedHawke, but what are the chances of that happening, lol, but still they are great mods keep 'em coming.

I will! :D

you seem to be having bad luck as of late,

No, I don't attribute the corrupted zip file problem downloading from my site to bad luck, I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of a very poorly designed IE, and like browsers. :p

Originally posted by Darkkender

LOL, wow and here I was just pulling a wild rabbit out of a hat and as a sudden brain surge and I get called vigilant. Thanks Redhawke for the compliment. Now to downloading this and truly giving it a whirl.:cool:

No, Darkkender... Thank you! As you have helped to alleviate, in a very early stage, a ticking time bomb, I call that vigilant. :)

Archived