Home

Enslaved

Hiroki

Alright guys, I’m going to try something new here. This is a story set in 122 AD. You have been taken as a slave of the Roman Empire, captured and taken from your previous life into one of servitude and unappreciated labor. You all come from many walks of life, from the Iberian Peninsula, all the way to the Persian Gulf. You may have been many things in your previous life, a soldier, a standard working civilian, even a noble (and any combination of them that your culture allows). But now, no matter how lofty of a reputation you once held, you are now a mere slave, forced to wait hand and foot on a smelly Patrician.

Things aren’t completely hopeless however, as there are ways of making the most out of your predicament. Perhaps you wish to sign yourself over to sponsor, and fight as a Gladiator in the Colosseum. This a hard, and dangerous life, and not one taken lightly.

If you were a warrior, and long for the life of the soldier again, maybe you could join the Auxilia forces, a special military sect made up of slaves and foreigners. This is even more dangerous than life as a Gladiator, however, as Auxilia are used classically to wear down the enemy for the prized Legions. In other words, you are canon fodder.

If combat isn’t your thing, you can simply work hard as a slave to your Patrician Master. He may be smelly, and rude, and unappreciative, but he won’t get you killed!

Here is how this will work. First, before anyone joins the game in progress, we do prologues for the character you wish to make. This prologue will detail how he was captured, and what he did before that. We RP the prologue like a normal story, for example, if he was a warrior, he might have been captured in a battle. If he was a citizen of noble, he could have been taken when the town or city he was living in was conquered.

You can play any group that would have been in the Roman-influenced world. So, Celtic people, Germanic’s, Iberians, Greeks, Persians ect are all fine, but no Chinese, or far eastern cultures that were isolated and far away from Roman influence.

All characters should be 18 - 35. If you provide a good reason I might allow exceptions to this rule however. I will make a separate thread for the Prologues, so it doesn’t get confusing and cluttered in here. This is were the main story will be.

The usual rules follow:

No Godmoding, you aren’t Maximus. :p

No character controlling, if two characters fight, play your moves, and let me decide the outcome. If a character and some sort of NPC fight, the character may win at the players discretion, as long as he makes the battle good.

No harsh swearing, you may say damn and the like, but people simply didn’t go around spouting sexually perverse swears back then.

Be bloody! I want to see gore in fights! Be detailed! Grrr! …Uh…I mean have fun!

That is the most important rule, have fun. :)

The Prologue thread shall be up shortly. Make your characters there. Once I have a couple of players, we'll start here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(( Alright! And thanks Vik for preventing me from having to double post. :p Now, I'll first set up the situation here for you, and you all can play off of this. ))

Roy stood in front of his new Master. He reeked of some strange aroma, that he apparently thought was appealing. “Alright you offish brute! Your job is to make sure that nobody touches me without my permission. I am going to be strict in this rule! I will not tolerate failures. Is any of this getting through…you…Barbarian?” He spoke in a high pitched, and very feminine voice. He turned to walk down the street, telling Roy to stay close and guard him from many of the thieves in the area.

Meanwhile Vik was sitting with a group of other slaves. They had been dressed in simple rags, and given wooden swords, shields, tridents, and whatever else they felt suited the look of them best. Vik, was chosen to be Murmillo, a gladiator equipped with a special helmet, a gladius, and a square shield, much like that of the Legionnaire, though of less quality.

He was dressed in a loin cloth and belt, and his right arm was protected by a manica of tied linen, and the left leg by a leather grieve. His training was intense, and heals meals were composed of rice-like food mostly. He was very well taken care of, however, and training was very strict, and rough, but never over-exerting. Everything they had him train in, eat, and do, had some purpose, and made him stronger overall.

(( A picture of the helmet of a Murmillo: http://itsa.ucsf.edu/~snlrc/encyclopaedia_romana/gladiators/murmillohelmet.html ))

Erin was walked into her new home by Titus. The man smirked dirtily at her, and walked over to his private bath, removing his robe and climbing in. “Now, do the same, get in here with me, and bite at my hips and lower pelvis!”

(( Lmao…sorry. XD Don’t be too descriptive, we don’t wanna go NC-17 here. ))

Arthur was put through much of the same as Vik was, though he had been seen as being best suited to life as a Retiarius. Retiarius were for the more quick, and nimble warriors. They wore no armor, save for there sword arm, which was covered in banded mail, much like that of a Legionnaire. They used a trident, and a net. They also were equipped with a small dagger, in case there trident broke. They would swing the net over the head typically, and attempt to trip up there foe, before stabbing him with the Trident. Training was just as hard as Vik’s, but again, everything they had them do, had some benefit for Arthur.

And Edward, apparently, was stalking around outside Titus’ house. He had hoped to save Erin from having to participate in his little recreation of Tiberius’ ‘little minos’.

Edward saw them going in and quickly looked around. He saw a young boy begging for money. He walked up to him, gave him a few coins he had managed to save from his time in the Auxila and whispered instructions to him. A few seconds later a brick went flying through a window in Titus' house.

Titus jumped in surprise, splashing water on his floor. "By the Gods! A burgerler! Protect me woman! I command you!" He shouted out of his window for the Praetorian Guard.

He ran back into his house and picked up a stick. "I-I'm armed you fiend!"

((BTW, the boy's around 14

"YOU!"yelled Edward at the boy. "GET AWAY FROM THAT HOUSE YOU FIEND!" He acted like he hit the kid, but he had actually slipped some more money into his pocked. The kid ran like hell. Edward approached the house.

"It is alright, the criminal's gone. Do you mind if I come in?"

Titus muttered slightly to himself. "I...guess. Come in. I suppose you want a reward for saving the boy?" He said a bit begrudged. "Wait here, I'll get you something." Titus walked into another room of his house to pick up a few Denarii for Edward.

As he was gathering the payment, he muttered about the useless slave being poor protection for him. But that wasn't what he bought her for.

While he was gone Edward quickly went up and found Erin. He whispered to her.

"When I said trust me I MEANT trust me, not get pissed when something went wrong. Now trust me and you may get out of this yet."

He then went back down, and acted as if though he had been admiring the architecture. He spoke to Titus again.

"This is a nice house. And that's a nice lady you got upstairs." He paused for a second.

"You a gamblin' man Mr.....?

"Titus" he said quietly. "I only occasionally gamble. I am not a huge fan of it. I prefer to put my money to more practical purposes."

He turned to Edward, handing him a small sack of Denarii. "There, that should be enough to cover your troubles." Titus said with a slight bit of hesitation when handing the bag over.

He cocked his head slightly, before shaking it. "I don't think so, at least, not on those stakes..." He said, with a bit of a smirk. "In addition to your money, you must forfit your freedom to me, and become my slave as well, should you lose." He said, grinning to himself.

(Man Hiroki, you do know your stuff. I was going to ask you what class of gladiator my character would be. I didn't even get to ask! :p I saw something about the gladiators on TV somewhere......yeah. This is a little off topic but how many classes were there? History Lesson. YAY!)

QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingLarz

(Man Hiroki, you do know your stuff. I was going to ask you what class of gladiator my character would be. I didn't even get to ask! :p I saw something about the gladiators on TV somewhere......yeah. This is a little off topic but how many classes were there? History Lesson. YAY!)

(( LOL, it would take me hours to go through all of that. But to sum up what we'll probably see here, we have the Murmillo, the Retiarius, the Secutor, and various cultural classes like the Samnite, and Spartan.

I figured you and Arthur would fight at one point, so I made you a Murmillo, which basically means "fish". And him the Retiarius, or "fisherman". Why? Because I figured, being a Viking Warlords heir, Vik would be somewhat more skilled in the art of combat than Arthur, so by giving him a class that was good against Vik's, I figured it'd balance it out. :D ))

Titus looked at Edward for a second before answering. "Alright then, we shall meet at the Colaseum." He said in a rather dry tone.

(( So, the bet will be on Arthur, against an NPC, okay? ))

Originally posted by Hiroki

(( You know, I just did a big long post, setting the mood. But with one accidental hit of "paste" instead of "copy", I erased it. So I'm done for tonight, that killed my mood. ))

((DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOUR INCOMPETENCE! C'mon don't make us wait!))

(( Alright, let give it another shot. ))

A few months had passed since the bet was made. There were no Gladiators in the Colosseum at the time, the new crop had to be trained, after all. Titus had controlled his baser instincts as he said he would, and Edward continued to work in the bread shop. The training the Gladiators had to go through was harsh indeed, but again, not any more so than was necessary. Every Gladiator was well fed, and taken care of, producing fine warriors.

People had packed the streets of the Forum this day, the Colosseum being reopened with the arrival and completion of the new Gladiators. Plebians and Patricians alike sat on the many rows of the great arena, awaiting the battles to come. Many foods were served in the arena, nuts, grapes, wine, to name a few. Everybody could go to the Colosseum, it was, as it always had been, free of charge. This was a great time to be a Roman indeed.

Arthur’s sponsor had chose him to be his first combatant. He had shown great potential as a warrior, and he wanted his new crop of fighters to make a good first impression, mainly with a victory. The Britannian Retiarius’ foe entered from the opposite side of the arena that he had entered in. He appeared to be a Murmillo, Germanian by the looks of his build and body structure.

The two combatants made there way to the center of the arena. The crowd cheered wildly for them, growing more excited by the second. The referee of the match stood between them, letting them size one another up, the longer the match, after all, the more enjoyable. The Germanian snorted arrogantly at Arthur, laughing from behind his helmet. “I’m going to rip you to pieces, and drink the marrow from your pelvic bone!” He shouted, raising his sword to the crowd, who cheered and applauded his bravado.

Titus sat on a specially reserved seat near the middle of the Colosseum seating. He had also reserved a seat for Edward, so they could clearly see the match, and know for sure who the winner was. Titus had bet on the Germanian, feeling that the far smaller Arthur had no chance of victory against such a huge monster.

Erin sat. chained beside him, he had brought her, just to show he was going to keep his word in case the impossible happened.

The crowd’s cheering grew stronger, as the matches start was close at hand.

The Trident was in my hands, my dagger, was hidden. I felt pretty much naked, but atleast it made me quick. I swung around my trident, and prepared. ((And I think in Gladitorial matches, depending on what the king says, you have to kill your opponent after knocking him down. I might be wrong, you know more about this stuff then me Hiroki. SO I don't think i'd be possible for me to face vik, since one of us would die.))

Archived