Home

Enslaved

Hiroki

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The arena had finally quieted for the evening. People had returned to there homes and businesses until the next scheduled game. Arthur and Vik would continue to train with the other Gladiators, Erin, being Edwards new 'slave' went with him, and Roy returned home with Gnaeus.

It was a good day all and all, at the very least, they got to watch the games.

With the games over, people returned to there day to day lives. Edward now owned Erin, Roy and his Master were 'home' once more, while Arthur and Vik trained hard, unknowing of there Masters rivalry with one another.

Several days had passed since the game, and soon, another fight was to be held. Not just a fight, but a tournament of Gladiators. This tournament, spanning over a year, would consist of Gladiators from all over the world. The winner not only being granted total freedom, but Roman Citizenship, and his own plot of land.

It was a Gladiators dream. Why the tournament though? It was to distract the populous. Things had not been all well. To the north, several Germanic tribes had began moving down into Roman territory, looting and burning as they went.

The Legion was now taking new recruits, and the pay would be well. The Germanics were savage and fierce warriors, deadly and brave. There advance had to be halted.

Flyers and pamphlets had been posted all around the Forum, hoping to attract eager young men to the Legions. Young men, seeing this as a chance at glory and prestige, quickly rushed to join.

Vik had ben confused ever since he got to Rome. It was a marvelous city and he was very eager to explore it. He was confused as why he was not allowed to roam freely nor did he understand any word what was spoken to him. The excitment of the glorious city and all its wonders was soon washed out by confusion.

Edward had basically let Erin do whatever she wanted. She was his slave on paper only, and only because he feared that someone might somehow take her as a slave if he changed it. He wondered idly about changing jobs, maybe become a trainer for gladiators or joining the Legion.

To become a trainer for gladiators, Edward would first need to buy a group of slaves for gladiator training, as the trainer was also the sponsor usually. He would then need to purchase a training barracks, as well as there armor, and weapons. There was a reason why sponsors were usually only wealthy Patricians.

In order to join the Legions, he would need to sign up for a military career spanning at least 20 years of active duty. He would then be put through the harsh but effective Legionary training. After this, he and his cohort would likely be sent off with whatever legion he was assigned to, to fight the Germanic horde. He would be paid a monthly salary, which was considered quite generous by most.

Joining the Legion was free, though he would have to either sell or release his slave, and divorce any wife he have.

Erin walked slowly through the streets of Rome, claiming to be on an 'errand for her master'. It was the only way people would leave her alone. She returned to where she lived with Edward and found him once more contemplating a job change.

"Still bored, are you?" she asked him after closing the door behind her. She laughed. "It seems your 'slave' is having a much better time here than her 'master'."

Her laughter faded and her smile was gone soon after. "I miss home," she said. "I want to go back, but Rome has to fall before my dream can come true... that's not likely to happen for a while, I think."

The Legions trained in Rome were the finest soldiers in the world. The training was very difficult, but if you passed - and most did through there careful methods - you would be known as Aquila. Most Legions personally trained in Rome itself, would be put into the First Cohort of a Legion - the best soldiers in any Legio.

Training the discipline were at there peak right now, it would be needed to combat the sheer ferocity of the Germanics. They say when they charge you, it is as if a mountain crashes into you.

It was a dangerous life under the circumstances, but the rewards included a large plot of land to call your own, at the end of your service.

Special representatives had been going door to door in order to offer willing and able men to join the Legion. They would inform them of all they could look forward too, and not so much what was in store for them on the front.

A knock came at Edwards door, as a representative stood on his step.

The man smiled at Edward, handing him the pamphlet for the Legion, explaining the benefits of joining, and telling him about the fair amount of money he would make there.

"The Legion is a fine life sir, a chance to serve the Empire, and help it further its goals. At the end of your term, you will be granted 300 acres of land, and 3,000 denarii. A very well of life indeed, would you not agree?"

"Ah, well that is no problem sir, in fact, with your extra training you might even be allowed into the Aquila. Something to be proud of if I do say so myself." He grinned to the young man.

"If you wish to sign up, just tell them Publius Maximus sent you." He said, still smiling at Edward, before bidding him farewell, and making his way to the next house.

"I bet you do him a favor by giving his name if you go to join the legion," Erin said when the door was closed. She shook her head and stared at Edward for several seconds.

"You're actually considering this," she accused. She sighed and shook her head again. "Well, how long would you be required to serve?" Another thought entered her mind. "And what would happen to me? I'm considered your slave right now. If I understand Roman rules correctly, you couldn't have slaves..." her voice trailed off into silence and she looked out the window.

"Right," Erin muttered, not taking her eyes away from the window. She didn't want to believe him, but after how much he'd risked to get her away from Titus, she couldn't help but believe he meant what he said.

"Try to consider sticking around," she said, finally looking back at him. "After what you did for me, I'd like you to live long enough for me to repay you."

Roy got "home" from his errand, he brought the meat into the meat cellar. he walked back up to the masters room, he was let in, he couldn't take it anymore.

"master, i hate you" Roy lunged and punched him square in the die of the head the proceeded to beat him to death. the only two guards that he had, which were outside the room came in and took Roy off of him and beat him into submission.

(couldn't think of anythign else)

"You could have made it on your own," Erin objected. "Sure, we did something for you, but you protected me, first from death, then from... something I'd rather not even think about."

"Face it," she finished. "I owe you at least one."

Archived