Home

Were you mad at KOTOR2 ending?

TheOutrider

What do you think of the KOTOR2 ending?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the KOTOR2 ending?

• It was good/awesome
    • Meh nothing special
    • Horrible I loathed it
    • I didn't really care

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the ending dialogue was very good.

Although a few points where the text differed from the speech were kind of goofy :p

No, I thought the game's weak points were elsewhere. Unfinished bits litter the game, and while the ending portions may have more than their share, the incompletion of the game isn't something that sends me into a rage over the ending...it's something that makes me frustrated regarding its incompletion in general.

Incidentally, I thought the Nihilus encounter was more of a disappointment than the ending Sion or Kreia encounters.

But the G0-T0/droid bit being weirdly incomplete, I must admit, rather annoyed me.

In answer to the poll question: YES! Though I was pretty dissapointed with TSL in general. KOTOR is one of my all-time favorite games and this was a pale, crappy, unoriginal immitation of that great game. On the flip side it is *new*, if crappy, immitation of a great game. So, bad ending aside, its still fun to play. I think less so for those who haven't played KOTOR.

Originally posted by TheOutrider

Ok figured out ALOT MORE, if you play all the way darkside, I mean kill the Jedi when you first meet them, you get LOTS more info.

WHAT?! What are you talking about?! The DS path and especially ending doesn't make one bit of sense... and is badly written! Have you finished LS? This game was so obviously LS oriented with a rushed DS.

Exile: Let's see if Malachor accepts you body Kreia.

Throws Kreia down.

The credits roll.

GIVE ME FRICKEN BREAK! This must surely be a joke! No story development, no character development, nothing but an uninspired play of lights. BAH!

At least on LS ending you could surmise that your comrades repaired the Ebon Hawk and that you were going to look for Revan or at least take a break. But on DS you just talk to Kreia that says the same things she does to the LS Exile, with the difference that it reflects your actions on the different planets and then the credits roll.

Incidentally the planets become free and stronger on the DS path. For example, Vaklu has a short reign and in time the Beast Riders accept their heritage and return to their roots and on LS the Onderonians become weakened by the Republic and lose what made them Onderonians in the first place.

For the huge potential that this story and this game had it is such a damn pity to see it handled like some shoddy patchwork...

I like the game so this doesn't stop me from playing it, but I will probably end my future plays after the second Atris encounter, because... well that's where they really ran out of time.

Overall, it kinda sucked. The ending was just.......incomplete. It was somewhat discouraging. Too many questions is left unanswered. Yet it shows us that there's a high possibility of a KOTOR 3 but after what happened........I don't think I'll be buying KOTOR 3 when it's released.

The thing is, they should produce a patch (Heard that it will come soon) so that it could fix all those bugs and all. Or maybe some uber smart modder can modify the ending and make it a little bit better.(Heard that too is in progress)

Law in producing games: Thou shall not rush.

Archived