Home

The Fourth Sith Lord

Derc

Thats Major cool!

I wish her robes existed in the .tpc's because they look really cool.

It is a shame that Obsidian had to cut out so much from the game, either by time constraints or otherwise. Oh what could have been, but still... the game was excellent.

^^^^

actually, the game uses animated models for the sith lords it displays in the main menu. so it exists, well, theoretically anyway.

let me rummage around in the game files a bit with KT.....

edit: got it! i created a disguise armband, and Viola!: this

the model is N_DarthTraya, for all you modders out there....

;)

man i was wondering why in all the official web pages and images nihilus (the dark side) is contrasted to atris (the light side) considering atris minute role in the game..

this makes soo much more sense especially some of that dodgey dialogue about being darth traya that kreia tells atris. I mean i have no idea what she was talking about with "there will always be a darth traya .." really Atris would have no idea who traya is and has no new reason to kill u that she didnt have the last time u saw her (its not like kreia came and convinced her that u were somebody who needed to be defeated she just talked about this traya business and fallin to the darkness which supposedly had already happened before the last time u were der) . Before i played the game i thought the light side revolves around atris and the dark side around nihilus .. the idea of there being a big betrayal would of made a lot more sense if atris the LS main npc fell to the dark side and became darth traya.. additionally nihilus really has no character development other than the visas intro and a few lines of dialogue... jeez i didnt even know his name until the journal entry came up that i had to kill darth nihilus ..

just another couple of great ideas that could of made kotor2 another goty that were trashed due to these stupid earrly release dates.. argh (disgruntled fan)

Originally posted by stingerhs

^^^^

actually, the game uses animated models for the sith lords it displays in the main menu. so it exists, well, theoretically anyway.

let me rummage around in the game files a bit with KT.....

edit: got it! i created a disguise armband, and Viola!: this

the model is N_DarthTraya, for all you modders out there....

;)

I personally thnk that looks like a queen on a deck of cards :p

But still it would have been better IMO if there were already existing Jedi NPC's (excluding Kreia and you of Course) that could join your party. Another thing I don't really understand is why do the KOTOR II box cover has Atris fighting a sith apprentice when she herself

falls to the dark side

It just doesn't make any sense to me considering the fact that the only "character" she fights is

you near the end of the game

One more quick thing I do not understand is why there is a wallpaper that shows Atris' lightsaber swiping against Nilhius' lightsaber as if it is some sort of dramatic duel but that never happens...:confused:

Actually (I read lots of stuff from the Obsidian forums, this is what I believe was supposed to happen)...

Originally, it was supposed to be EITHER Kreia or Atris. I think that it had to do with your alignment. If you were Light, you save Kreia and Atris is the bad guy, girl... If you were Dark, you kick Kreia around and she becomes Traya. I say this because in the cut dialogue between the female Exile and a tortured Atton, you can say: "I think that we were all supposed to save each other. You, Kreia, Handmaiden (possibly was written before Disciple was thought of), and Mira." Or something like that.

I personally think that loks bad...not jedi/sith-like..more like soome queen robe or something..

anyway:

[spolier]

I actually like the idea of Atris NOT being Dark Traya.. she is not that bad..just a little too emotional. the LS ending was a bit confusing as I have no idea what actually happened to Atris.. I left her alive on Telos.. Was she redeemed?

Originally posted by stingerhs

nope.

that is indeed Atris whenever she takes up the role as Darth Traya. its in the game files themselves if you don't believe me

;)

[influence Gained: Derc]

*whew* Thanks for backing me up. :)

Anyways, after reading that Incompletion Article, it just makes me more sad/angry that this Sith Lord didn't make it. A fight with her would've been grand.

And hopefully prove to have been more challenging than Darth Nihilus.

Also,

I also like the symbolism. Good Atris depicted this Jedi Goddess, but now Dark Atris depicts her exact opposite and her fall to the Darkside.

Well, the coding may say one thing but the fact of the matter remains that it looks nothing like Atris and looks a lot like Kreia sans wrinkles. The facial structure, features, even the style of the robe... surely you must see this.

Sorry Drazin, I checked out Boba Rhetts gifs of this Traya and Atris and I do not agree. Atris has puffy round cheeks and kind of a strange jaw&chin and Kreia has hollow cheeks and sharp chin just like the Traya model. Also there is Kreias and Trayas tastes in robes that have the same style and uses very high collars covering the jawbones, they differ a lot from Atris' that are more like a japan/asian kimono style.

Montnoir is right, she does not look like Atris.

However, note that she takes the role of Traya instead of Kreia. It might be that in order to be Traya, you have to be clothed in a certain fashion.

Another explanation is to be tainted with the dark side. Palpatine doesn't look the same when he's the Emperor. Not only wrinkle skin, but he seems a bit thinner.

Fact remains that the model does indeed look like a younger Kreia, whether or not it was intended to be that way.

i have a feeling that Atris' model was modified after the Darth Traya model was created. if the devs were going to leave the plot line of Atris becoming Traya, then they probably would have changed the Traya model as well.

but, they cut the idea to save some time, so we have a Darth Traya model that looks like a young Kreia. go figure.

Archived