Home

Did you ever notice....?

Bobo

That atton is a little TOO much like Carth?

lol even some of his lines are the same as Carth

Atton: Ill Cut you down to size!

Carth: Ill Cut you down to size!

or

Carth: I dont trust, you, i dont trust anyone, not even myself.

Exile: Why would i destroy that droid?

Atton: Because you can't trust them.

Carth: Down you go!

Atton: Your Going Down!

and atton reallllly dont like jedi rofl

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

And make some references to Han Solo.

Look at Atton. Change his haircut a little bit and you could mistake him for Han.

All three share a lot of similarities.

If you change the jacket that Atton wears, then he's wearing almost the exact same clothes as Han. I noticed that this weekend while watching ESB.

Notice that both Atton and Mission say, "I'll just leave this right here" when placing a mine? Looks like they used more than one method to emphasize the continuity between the two games.

the whole Hanharr and Mira thing really reminded me of Mission and Zalbaar.

Atton and Han, yes they must be related, somehow Carth dont fit in too well.

but i think Carth and Atton are just a too bit alike in ways.

and your right, Atton is as funny as Carth was annoying :D

I agree, it is a bit ironic that they have similar lines and such, also the fact that they are the first real party members you meet (that can be turned to DS or LS Kreia doesn't qualify) is also ironic but I think that is to keep it within a similar setting.

Originally posted by Derc

I say Atton Rand was to Han Solo, as Carth Onasi was to Dash Rendar.

Dunno about Carth and Dash. Carth was a more centred, cautious and wise soldier, while Dash was a self-centred, pompous arrogant brat. Dustil would probably be more like Dash. To be honest I don't really think Carth reminds me of anyone else in SW.

They both seem to be the same, I actually revered to Atton as Carth, they just seem so similar to me. Though I find Atton to be more annoying than Carth. And off course Carth crashed only once during the game, Atton managed to crash 4 times (try getting insurance when you have him fly your ship, than you'll know why I prefer Carth).

Though I really found that old witch annoying, and I hated her. Especially the 'Are psychotic urges all that drives you?'. Well duh how else am I supposed to get my DS points. And besides IF psychotic urges are all that drives me do you really think it's wise to ask whether or not they do??? (assuming she wants to live) That really cried for a [Force Choke] got any proplems with that [/Force Choke] (though maybe not really kill her, just scare her)

Originally posted by jedi3112

They both seem to be the same, I actually revered to Atton as Carth, they just seem so similar to me. Though I find Atton to be more annoying than Carth. And off course Carth crashed only once during the game, Atton managed to crash 4 times (try getting insurance when you have him fly your ship, than you'll know why I prefer Carth).

Atton is not as annoying as Carth. I thought Atton had a better back story. More emotionnal.

And don't blame him for crashing. Carth didn't face AD towers, HK droids and the weird climate of Malachor V.

I have played the game several times. The last time I played it, Atton change his comments when he meets the exile on Peragus. When the exile enter the cell where is Atton is held he ask "are you an angel?" and then he says that he wasn't supposed to make into the final game (KOTOR 1?) but that he was created at the last minute. (This is an Easter Egg)

You can watch the video at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xboxtv/default.htm?t=5107&v=91203&bw=hi&ltn=

Maybe he was supposed to be in KOTOR 1, but as we know he wasn't. Instead, I think, they created Carth and left Atton for KOTOR 2.

I don't know how, it just happend by itself. I read that if you finish the game one time as light side and dark side it happend. But I did that, but nothing happend. After I finish many times (always as light side, because I like it) it triggered. I don't really know how, but it does.

I never got that scene, notthat it matter a lot since I had to remove K2 to make room for K1 (I hate it when I don't have enough free disk space). And yo're right I can't blame Atton for running into an AA tower, but Carth didn't have an easy time either.

Carth flew the Ebon Hawk through a planetary bombardment, without crashing.

Carth had to fly through waves of Sith fighters, I believe it's triggered at least 3 times. The Hawk got out of every wave undamaged. Atton only encountered one wave of fighters and got shot down. While Carth had to land on the Unknown planet It was only after the attack because he flew into an disruptor field.

And I think Atton is more annoying beacuase he is a Carth Onassi who wants to be Han Solo. And Besides Carth hadsome very funny dialog, especially when you play a female Revan. That makes up for a lot. I'm not a Carth fan though, but compared to Atton, I'd pick Carth.

I didn't really see any similarities between Atton and Carth, save the "second-in-command" role, and I like them equally as much (though Atton was more based off Han Solo, while Carth was really his own character).

Archived