Home

Clone Troopers: TSL Style

Prime

Originally posted by coloneill

i read you were going to add the Stormtrooper E-11 rifle, are you also going to add the DC-15 Clone Blaster (not the standard DC-15 blaster rifle)

I've actually decided not to include the new clone trooper helmet. Like some have stated it is too much like the stormtrooper and doesn't really do the differences justice. Perhaps at a later time I will tackle the Republic commando and other Ep 3 style clone troopers. But for this mod, it will only contain the standard clone trooper armour and blaster. I hope that isn't too disappointing...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy poopers prime! This is awesome! I do have to say that the yellow one is my favorite (seeing as how yellow is my fav color). If only KOTOR I & II didn't mirror the skin to cover both halves of the models (then you could include the circles indicating rank on the left brest plates). Since you seem to have experience in porting models from KOTOR to TSL do you think that by any chance you could port T7's modified Revan robes and mask to TSL also? He has given consent to everyone to do with the robes what they see fit so you don't have to worry about getting permission. The mod can be found here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/10094/

Again, awesome work on the clone troopers, maybe eventually you can include some custom skins of the armor to make them some crazy looking bounty hunters or something (just a thought).

Originally posted by Prime

I've actually decided not to include the new clone trooper helmet. Like some have stated it is too much like the stormtrooper and doesn't really do the differences justice. Perhaps at a later time I will tackle the Republic commando and other Ep 3 style clone troopers. But for this mod, it will only contain the standard clone trooper armour and blaster. I hope that isn't too disappointing...

<Breaks down in tears>

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

hehe, not a problem Prime!! i'm just glad to be rid of the original troopers!! ;)

MattCole

I was just wondering something Prime. With your different skins of the armor are you going to include item descriptions for each color of armor and helmet?

White = Private

Green = Sergeant

Blue = Lieutenant

Red = Captain

Yellow = Commander

One more thing (you have probably already answered this before): Will the armor and helmet be equippable seperatly from eachother? So that you can wear the armor but no helmet or mix/match the different helmets w/diff colored armor?

(again if you have already answered this before I apologize in advance).

Originally posted by pipsky

I was just wondering something Prime. With your different skins of the armor are you going to include item descriptions for each color of armor and helmet?

White = Private

Green = Sergeant

Blue = Lieutenant

Red = Captain

Yellow = Commander

One more thing (you have probably already answered this before): Will the armor and helmet be equippable seperatly from eachother? So that you can wear the armor but no helmet or mix/match the different helmets w/diff colored armor?

(again if you have already answered this before I apologize in advance).

In the original Clone Trooper armor this is what he did. Each helmet could be mixed and matched as desired and was named according to the color code.

I don't see why Prime would deviate from this in bringing it into TSL. Right Prime.

Ahhh, ok. I never used the original clone trooper mod so I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing it up Dark. In the original could you wear the armor but no helmet at all? So that it would just be the clone trooper armor but your normal PC head? Or is the helmet and armor one model just with different skin files for each part?

Ok I looked up the original clone troopers armor mod at pcgamemods.com and that answered my question that you can wear the armor but have a normal head w/no helmet. But it also gave me another question.... what's the player head used in these pictures? : http://www.pcgamemods.com/5505/a/1/

Is it Dustil??? It isn't one of the default selectable male portraits and I can't find a mod at pcgamemods.com that gives you that head either. It's very cool looking and I'm just curious prime...will this slectable head be included with your new clone troopers mod as well?

But it also gave me another question.... what's the player head used in these pictures? : http://www.pcgamemods.com/5505/a/1/

Is it Dustil???

Yes it is Dustil's head and unless the model is in TSL this might not be possible, also the mod you are referring to is Darth_ToMeR's... not Prime's.

Edit: Here is Prime & bneezy's M.E.C.K. Clone Trooper Mod, anything Prime releases would come from this one. ;)

With your different skins of the armor are you going to include item descriptions for each color of armor and helmet?

White = Private

Green = Sergeant

Blue = Lieutenant

Red = Captain

Yellow = Commander

Yes.

Yes.

In the original could you wear the armor but no helmet at all? So that it would just be the clone trooper armor but your normal PC head?

Yes.

what's the player head used in these pictures? : http://www.pcgamemods.com/5505/a/1/

As RedHawke has said, wrong one.

yes....well now that I've made myself seem like a complete moron.....*twiddles fingers for a second and lowers head in shame* On the plus side I like your mod even more Prime. Incase you haven't noticed the "noobiness" seems to be seeping out of my pores at this point so from now on I'll do my best to keep the dumb questions to a minimum. Again, awesome mod, can't wait to get my hands on it. (and actually, I think the dustil model might be in TSL)

yes....well now that I've made myself seem like a complete moron.....*twiddles fingers for a second and lowers head in shame* On the plus side I like your mod even more Prime. Incase you haven't noticed the "noobiness" seems to be seeping out of my pores at this point so from now on I'll do my best to keep the dumb questions to a minimum. Again, awesome mod, can't wait to hands on it. (and actually, I think the dustil model might be in TSL)

No problem. I'm more than willing to answer any questions. I don't expect people to know everything about the mod. :)

Originally posted by RedHawke

Yes it is Dustil's head and unless the model is in TSL this might not be possible

It is included, because it's used for the dead jedi in the Korriban Tomb.

Great to see this mod ported Prime. :)

This may sound kind of weird, but for replacement, why not just replace the Sith Troopers? Clones are gonna attack Jedi in the next movie, why can't they attack the Exile in TSL? :D

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

This may sound kind of weird, but for replacement, why not just replace the Sith Troopers? Clones are gonna attack Jedi in the next movie, why can't they attack the Exile in TSL? :D

That's a good point, but I'm just going to pass on the trooper replacement for the clone trooper mod. I guess I feel that if they are going to replace anything it should be the republic troopers. Since there are almost none in the game, it doesn't seem the worth the effort. So at this point, the mod will just include player armours...

ok here's a quick question, how would I go about making the Dustil head selectable in the character creation screen. I was messing around with the appearance.2da, portrait.2da and the head.2da files and I got the head to show up but when I use it he always has on the default clothing of whatever class you are (sentinal, guardian, ect.) When I try to equip different armor or robes, the body model remains the same but they colors used may change. Any help would be much appreciated (the reason I care so much is I'm trying to get the game set up exactly how I want it in preparation for prime's clone armor).

Originally posted by Zapp Brannigan

ok here's a quick question, how would I go about making the Dustil head selectable in the character creation screen. I was messing around with the appearance.2da, portrait.2da and the head.2da files and I got the head to show up but when I use it he always has on the default clothing of whatever class you are (sentinal, guardian, ect.) When I try to equip different armor or robes, the body model remains the same but they colors used may change. Any help would be much appreciated (the reason I care so much is I'm trying to get the game set up exactly how I want it in preparation for prime's clone armor).

Please do not hijack the thread.

what the crap??? That was my post....why did it post it as Zapp Brannigan (moderators can delete identity)??? I was signed in as me.

Are you saying that you have multiple accounts? That is an offense that can potentially result in a ban.

ok no more asking for help. (and i have already sent an e-mail asking that the other account be deleted). I just read the forum rules and etiquette thread and realize now that i violated rules #3 (don't deviate from topic) and #11 (no accounts with the same IP). I apologize and will definatly pay attention to the rules from now on. Now to get back on topic, how close are you to completing all of the testing and bug ckecks for your mod?

guhh it did it again (zapp brannigan will be deleted)

Originally posted by Prime

Just a quick update: everything si pretty much finished. I just need to write up the readme and package everything up. It should be out in the next few days...

<Hk-47> Alteration in Text: "It should be out tomorrow" now Meatbag, repeat after me, HK-47 IS your MASTER! <HK-47>

hehe im just kiddin, cant wait to have it on my computer!!

MattCole

• 3 weeks later...

*pullin this thread out of the dark* *blowin the dust n sand off it*

..umm... sorry to dirsturb u master prime, but the mod doesnt seem to work correct.

and/or the readme wont tell anything about 'what/which troops' u actually replaced with this mod.

i just saw the standard dead republic troopers. and the tsf guys and thought "which onesit now? whats wrong?"

is it just me? or am i missin somthin? :confused:

Archived