Home

The GenoHaradan In TSL

During my search through some dialog files of TSL, I found something interesting about Revan and the GenoHaradan, prompting me to think that Revan wants to kill the Exile. The .dlg file says some things about how Revan gave the GenoHaradan a new purpose and are now like the non-Force sensitive Darth Nihilus(es).

You can check this dialog out by opening KotOR Tool, then:

BIF's>dialogs.bif>Dialog>atton.dlg>Root>[OWNER]-{Scrap}

You can't miss the GenoHaradan dialog (literally, it's the only one there.)

Yup, the GenoHaradan originally had a much larger role in KOTOR2. In brief:

Batu Rem, the assassin from near the beginning of the game, is a GenoHaradan assassin. If you do the weapons-smuggling quest for Luxa, the assassins who come after you, there, work for the GenoHaradan. There are GenoHaradan on Nar Shadda, referenced in three separate dialogues (G0T0's, Vossk's, and the dialogue of their "leader" Dessicus.) Dessicus was originally supposed to meet you in the area where Visquis now is, and the Ubese in that arena were originally GenoHaradan assassins as well. It's entirely possible that they're the ones responsible for the conversations in pcdead.dlg and pcdead2.dlg, where all your party members think you're dead, and the sections where Nihilus and Sion think you're dead as well, because Dessicus sets off an explosion when you finish fighting him. Whee.

We're working on restoring their content (and altering it somewhat, as it won't work in the game otherwise) for the Ending mod.

Originally posted by AuroraJenkins

Yup, the GenoHaradan originally had a much larger role in KOTOR2. In brief:

Batu Rem, the assassin from near the beginning of the game, is a GenoHaradan assassin. If you do the weapons-smuggling quest for Luxa, the assassins who come after you, there, work for the GenoHaradan. There are GenoHaradan on Nar Shadda, referenced in three separate dialogues (G0T0's, Vossk's, and the dialogue of their "leader" Dessicus.) Dessicus was originally supposed to meet you in the area where Visquis now is, and the Ubese in that arena were originally GenoHaradan assassins as well. It's entirely possible that they're the ones responsible for the conversations in pcdead.dlg and pcdead2.dlg, where all your party members think you're dead, and the sections where Nihilus and Sion think you're dead as well, because Dessicus sets off an explosion when you finish fighting him. Whee.

We're working on restoring their content (and altering it somewhat, as it won't work in the game otherwise) for the Ending mod.

Hey AuroraJenkins by "we're" who are u working with, if i may ask. Also is there a thread or site where you update your progress with this mod? thnx

"We" is me and a bunch of people who, unlike me, actually know how to mod K2, and they're mostly not from these boards.

Yes, there's another forum that exists specifically for the ending project, but I'm not allowed to post the link here. We plan to release further information about the mod this Sunday.

Originally posted by AuroraJenkins

"We" is just me and a bunch of people who actually know how to mod K2, mostly not from these boards.

Hmmmmmm that is not a real smart thing to say on this board, and not at all correct either. First off no one here nor anywhere would be able to mod if it werent for Fred Tetra's Kotor tool, man on this board, we would not be able to get models in without cchargen, also from this forum, and we would be no where in scripting without tk102 and Darth333.

If it was not your intention to utterly insult every modder at this forum then i suggest you refrase your words carefully.

Archived