Home

Search Engine (for Holowan Laboratories)

ChAiNz.2da

Hey Guys & Gals,

First off, I didn't know if this belonged here or here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=217

But, my question was really just pertaining to Holowan Laboratories.

My question, is there any way to make the default search phrase use 3 letter instead of a minimum of 4?

Alot of modding terms are only 3 letters in length (GFF, uti, utc, utp, KSE, 2da, etc...). It makes for more specific searches virtually impossible... (most posts don't use the "." in front of the exension)

I understand the Search Engines are a luxury anyway as it sucks up alot of bandwidth (and often times fluctuate between up & downtimes)...

Just wondering though if it was a possibility. I wasn't sure if you could only change the criteria for specific board's search engines or if it were "Global" with all of the LucasForums Boards.. :)

p.s. Moderators, if you think this should be posted elsewhere, let me know and I'll kill the thread... or feel free to move or 'copy' the post to proper areas... :D

Originally posted by stingerhs

you could use a google site search. its in the "Advanced Search" area. just type in the lucasforums webpage. its really fast and you can use as many characters as you like. i should know: i've tried it before, and it does work. :)

Hmmm.... never "thunked" to do that :o

Thanks for the suggestion stingerhs! :D

If I crash Holowan, I'll be sure to direct them to this post ;) hehehe

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by stingerhs

you could use a google site search. its in the "Advanced Search" area. just type in the lucasforums webpage. its really fast and you can use as many characters as you like. i should know: i've tried it before, and it does work. :)

Sweet thanks stingerhs nice tip there bud :cool:

They could always put a google site search link on the page that points to the forums own custom google site search page. It's not that hard :D

Archived