urluckyday

What handheld is better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What handheld is better?

• Nintendo DS
    • Sony PSP
    • They both rock!
    • They both stink!

Well, one month since my first post saying that both were good.... I'm now giving the edge to the PSP. Seriously, I've seen more PSPs than DSs at my school, and I thought the graphics were incredible when I first saw them in person.

Originally posted by Ranre

In my opinion I like the PSP. Only because it can play MP3's. And for Spider Man 2.

- Not to mention the controls suit the hand better. The graphics kick butt. There is no lag ((not sure if there is lag with any of them but still...)) and there is a DVD player!

- yeah. And what 2 dollars out of your purse? I mean it's a win win situation in every which direction.

The PSP can't play DVDs, it plays UMDs. UMDs are more expensive than DVDs and only work on the PSP. The PSP also has load times (depending on the developer and the game), uses a hellova lot of battery power where the more graphically beautiful games will last about 2 and a half hours before the battery dies, needs a memory stick thingy to save games and so on...

And no that's not be giving crap to the PSP, it's me correcting some people about what they thought about the PSP with what is fact.

In Japan, now that new games are being released, the NDS has climbed back on top and is going strong. Wonder what happens when Nintendo gets its online network happening XD

he he...re-Movies on a handheld. Theyre are always gadgets and add ons for such things...

but on a PSP, memsticks can go uo to 4gb IIRC... you can upload plenty of compressed movies onto there... I always have at least 2 movies in my PDAs 1gb SD card :) damn awesome for plane trips...

I wonder if there will ever be writable UMDs ???

mtfbwya

Actually Sony is walking a fine line here, they make movies and produce music and at the same time they're encouraging the copying of music and movies. They're trying to make it so that you can copy legally but it could blow up in their face if they don't do it veeeeery carefully. You can tell by how they've gone about the PSP with the UMD format and everything else.

true dat Lynky.... but with portable mem formats, people can pretty much put anything they want on it...

I used to think it was impossible to get re-writable GBA carts, but it isnt....they were all over the place in Thailand... I got a pocketNES version of FF1 for $5...

btw. I just saw a GB emulator has been released for the PSP.....cool :)

mtfbwya

Archived