New space vehicles in sw:bf2.

Global Strike

Which space vehicle do you want?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which space vehicle do you want?

• A-wing
    • B-wing
    • TIE Interceptor
    • Republic ARC 170 fighters (pre-tie fighters)
    • Naboo starfighter
    • Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
    • Super Star Destroyer
    • Other (please be specific)

Well of course it would have to be. That would be unfair though because its a Fighter/Tank so 3 of those guys could land behind the lines and completely enhiliate the unsuspecting enemy.

And if they walked in the hanger of an enemy ship, that would be complete havoc also. In order for those things to walk there needs to be some major hardware right on the field, just waiting to take it out. Or another class that their speical ability is to take them down.

But anyways that would be preaty cool.

They could just make the starfighter itself weaker, I mean most star fighters can only take like 2 rockets before they die. Also if your walking around on the ground blastin enemies then your not in the sky keeping your troops safe from enemy starfighters, this could be a huge disadvantage. you would also probably be taken out quickly because you pose a bigger target.

They could also balance it by giving the rebublic vehicles speacial abilities, like an R2 unit that slowly repairs damages while in flight. The CIS craft don't have this ability but make up for it by doubling as light tanks when needed.

Thats true, but it shouldnt be in a mod. I know way to many people that dont want new mods on battlefront.

-New Toys, guns, ships, ect.

If we did have the new tanks then yes they would stick out because there 15 ft high. But thier blasters should be more powerful with a explosion radius, so its not at too much of an disadvantage.

We shouldnt make it an AT-ET but we souldnt make it a Turret either, having weak armor for it to be a light tank it should be vunarable to types of a blaster fire.

Unfortunatly yes I doubt they would actually impliment this. I think it would be a really cool feature, somthing truly unique to the CIS side. Sure starfighters should stick to the skies but couldn't there be an exeption to the rule? I think It would be make the game alot more interesting, if properly balanced of course.

Of course no one said that it wouldnt be a cool feature. And its really sad that they didnt allow them to walk. Im sure it went over their mind once or twice but they never aplied it to the game it self. But the game is already off very well considering how many people like it right now and are pre-ordering it.

• 2 weeks later...

definitely transports that can carry a good number of units (10 sounds good) in relative safetly can handle being targeted by a single fighter and still deliver the troops

also

the jedi starfighter has always bugged me

I think only jedi used those (in BF2 since they have those this fighter would be okay, maybe with a jedi only classification)

a clone fighter should be inclided

one for the regular grunt

Archived