Home

Questions

I have been here at Lucasforums for a bit, and I have a few questions:

-When I am reading a topic and want to reply, I usually almost always hit the "New Thread" button by accident. Why is it that that button is first and the "Post Reply" button is second? I'm sure most people don't post new topics after reading a thread

-Also, why does each seperate forum have its own lounge? Wouldn't just make more sense to have one only?

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Darth Andrew

-When I am reading a topic and want to reply, I usually almost always hit the "New Thread" button by accident. Why is it that that button is first and the "Post Reply" button is second? I'm sure most people don't post new topics after reading a thread

That's the way vBulletin has always been, just try to remember that it's not a case of first or second. The buttons are aligned to the left of the table, so just remember, if you want to post, just go for the button on the left.

-Also, why does each seperate forum have its own lounge? Wouldn't just make more sense to have one only?

Originally, before LucasForums existed, these gaming forums were all seperate and we didn't have this collective community. Each of those seperate forums had their own community which results in each section of LucasForums (when it was formed) to have a lounge for every themed forum. Some of the general discussion lounges are more active than others, it just all depends on the community that is there.

I think there should be a general alltogether lounge for Lucasforums. I know people don't meet other people on this forum because they don't chare the same interests (like star wars or monkey island) and therefore don't meet. the closest thing we have to a place like that is this forum, otherwise we're usually sitting in our own forum talking to all the 'regulars' there and not really bothering to go to other forums because we don't care for the subject of the forum.

There is, it's called "Club LFN" and is just below this one. Admittedly it's a little difficult to see and access right now, but it's been built into the design a lot more clearly and visibly for LF2 (which is making plentiful progress before you ask!).

Archived