Home

My WIP

Not sure what you had in mind for black sabers, but I thought that I should point out that (at least) two mods have been made along these same lines: Svosh's and Gameunlimited's. Why both gentlemen decided to put these mods at the bottom of their pages, I don't know :D

Anyways, if you had something else in mind, I'm sure there are people who would love to see it. Otherwise, just thought I'd save you some time.

Cheers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cate_kroft

I've seen those. I plan on making something that looks more like a lightsaber than a blurring black stick. Maybe a "blacklight" saber... have to go dig up my old blacklight and see what it looks again...

Blacklights either have a black bulb or a really dark purple bulb. The light they emit is not actually black it is typically a dark blue/purple in color. Just figured I would chime on this since the term blacklight is misnomer the light itself is never black and the bulb itself rarely is.:nutz1:

Hey Cate, I am not sure why you had to replace Revans robes with yours when they have the same bonuses as Masters Robes, All you should have had to do was modify the uti to have your custom names, descriptions, numbers and texture variences.

Not hassling you, just curious why you replaced those robes :)

It has the same bonuses as a Master Robe but it's a completely different model. They only way I could figure out on how to get it into the game was to replace one of the other clothing models. (I made most of these mods before I could even post here at Holowan so I did everything by trial and error without any help.)

Is there another was to get the model in there without replacing anything? If so, let me know and I can update all my robes.

Oh, and yeah I have a blacklight. Bulb looks black when it's off but when it's on it looks dark violet with a strange black/violet glow.

I like the saber crystals, especially the purple, pink and cobalt ones. Makes some nice colour combinations for my dual wielding Revan. :) The pink crystal didn't show up at the shop. The .utm had g_w_sbrcrstl67 in its inventory instead of bt_w_etc..

Thanks for letting me know about the bug. I'll fix the shop code and update the file as soon as NCIS is over.

Any other color requests? Just let me know. I'm working on some Sith robes (like my New Jedi robes) right now (well, after NCIS)..

Thanks for letting me know about the bug. I'll fix the shop code and update the file as soon as NCIS is over.

Any other color requests? Just let me know. I'm working on some Sith robes (like my New Jedi robes) right now (well, after NCIS)..

If I have to catch this evenings episode of NCIS in reruns this summer because of satelite problems tonight I'm going to be miffed. That program is like a religion for me right next to the trio of CSI's and JAG.

Sorry to derail for a moment there.

It has the same bonuses as a Master Robe but it's a completely different model. They only way I could figure out on how to get it into the game was to replace one of the other clothing models. (I made most of these mods before I could even post here at Holowan so I did everything by trial and error without any help.)

Is there another was to get the model in there without replacing anything? If so, let me know and I can update all my robes.

Hee, I didn't notice its a different model as I went ahead and modified all my robes to use Jolee's clothes model (males) and the starforge robes (females) Sorry about that.

The only way I can thik off hand to not replace anything is to add a new line to baseietms.2da by copying the line for what ever robe you are using for this and then changing the defense bonus and dexterity maximums to the same as the ones for the master robes. Then reference that line in your uti files. (And by doing the baseitems.2da modifications you can add properties so that they need to have certain feats to wear the robes.)

The problem with this is though that others might have a modified baseitems.2da file already so you would have to tell them which ines to copy and paste in their version and what number to modify in the uti files for the robes.

Oh, and yeah I have a blacklight. Bulb looks black when it's off but when it's on it looks dark violet with a strange black/violet glow.

Will be interested in seeing what you can do with this in game and might even ask you to port it over to TSL sometime.

I tried adding a new collumn to the baseitems.2da, I think. Or maybe it was the appearence.2da... I may have another go at it later.

I'm still up dating files and I made some new one's including a male version of the Smuggler's Wear and a line of new Sith robes. Still have some work to do on the robes. Here's a preview of one:

bt_sithrobe.jpg

I'm still working on the lightsaber. I haven't created what I want yet but I have discovered some really cool lightsaber effects. ..

I tried adding a new collumn to the baseitems.2da, I think. Or maybe it was the appearence.2da... I may have another go at it later.

I'm still up dating files and I made some new one's including a male version of the Smuggler's Wear and a line of new Sith robes. Still have some work to do on the robes. Here's a preview of one:

http://www.btstudios.us/mods/bt_sithrobe.jpg

I'm still working on the lightsaber. I haven't created what I want yet but I have discovered some really cool lightsaber effects. ..

Hey thats awesome news!!! cant wait to see these Really cool Lightsabre Effects, you've entreeged me now, i'm facinated to see them, and its good to see that your also updating your files now and then. you'll make a great modder someday.

MattCole

Originally posted by MattColejk

Hey thats awesome news!!! cant wait to see these Really cool Lightsabre Effects, you've entreeged me now, i'm facinated to see them, and its good to see that your also updating your files now and then. you'll make a great modder someday.

MattCole

Here's one of the effects I found...

sabertry1.jpg

The thought of rainbow lightsabers and clear-core lightsabers come to mind....

I asked one of my friends who is a professional coder to help me with this but he just told me to ask the guys at Bioware how the effects work and send along a photo of me in my Original Series Star Trek uniform (if you've seen one, you'll know what I mean) and then he said they'd probably tell me anything I want to know....

I'll get the stuff updated along with some new stuff by the end of the day.

I'll be a great modder someday? *jumps for joy* Cool!

I was looking around you site. You are a great artist.

No wonder your Kotor mods look so good.

The PC head you used is my favourite, of either game. Next time I play K1, I'm going to use it.

I could probably type a novel to rival "War and Peace" about how great your robes are.

Its great to see another Trek fan here, too. I thought I was the only Star Trek AND Star Wars fan in existance. (Up till recently I considered it an oxymoron) It's cool though, because I can fit in with nerds anywhere. Well, exept D&D.HEHEHE

Great work!! :thmbup1:

Originally posted by Lion54

Its great to see another Trek fan here, too. I thought I was the only Star Trek AND Star Wars fan in existance. (Up till recently I considered it an oxymoron) It's cool though, because I can fit in with nerds anywhere. Well, exept D&D.HEHEHE

... Hey, I'm a Trek fan as well as a SW fan. Though I've kinda slid away from Trek, when it went downhill with Voy and Enterprise.

The mods look look great, cate :)

Being a SW and Trek fan can't be an oxymoron since ILM did the special effects for most of the Trek movies!!:D :D Oh and if you enjoy KOTOR and TSL consider yourself a D&D nerd too, since the d20 system incorporated into them both is the d20 system used in the SW RPG which is based on the old D&D d20 system. I hadn't played KOTOR for 5 mins when I figured out, "Hey, I know what's going on!!" from my old D&D days. :D

Originally posted by conan1972

Being a SW and Trek fan can't be an oxymoron since ILM did the special effects for most of the Trek movies!!:D :D Oh and if you enjoy KOTOR and TSL consider yourself a D&D nerd too, since the d20 system incorporated into them both is the d20 system used in the SW RPG which is based on the old D&D d20 system. I hadn't played KOTOR for 5 mins when I figured out, "Hey, I know what's going on!!" from my old D&D days. :D

Just as a point of reference the old D&D system shares very few aspects with the new D&D d20 system. Also as a side note the first d20 product released was actually the SW d20 prior to the release of 3rd ed D&D or the d20 system D&D as it is also known as.

Besides that technical aspects of who did what don't make me a fan of both SW & Star Trek. I enjoy different aspects of both especially since there story telling perspective is different which is why I enjoy both equally. However I'm also a fan of Stargate:SG1, Stargate:Atlantis, & Battlestar Galactica(New & Old).

However I think we are hijacking Cate_kroft's thread.

*edit* I typed it right the first time then changed it because I thought it looked wrong. ;)

Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi

Hey- nice work! One question tho, are both the new jedi robes and your counsular item pack compatible?

Yeah, they are compatible right now. I'll also be making a mod that will make all of my mods compatible as soon as I get around to uploading & updating everything.

However I think we are hijacking Kate_croft's thread.

I don't mind. I'm a fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Futurama, the Twilight Zone, Godzilla, and most other sci-fi shows.

Oh, and it's Cate_Kroft. It's a play on words really for three of my favorite video game characters: Cate Archer from No One Lives Forever, Kate Walker from Syberia, and Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. Then there's a 3D character I made called Lara Kroftini. Just move the k's and c's and it will mean any of them. :)

Now to get back to work on the mods....

Just though I'd let you know that I've finished up making some new mods and fixing the old ones.

Check my website www.btstudios.us

EDIT: I just realized I hadn't finished the New Sith Robes Completely but I'll have them up soon. (Well, what do you expect, it is 4:30 in the morning!)

Give me a few minutes and I'll fix and upload the robes so if they aren't there when you first try to download try again in an hour or so.

Thanks!

Alright, everything is fixed now and ready for your downloading pleasure!

Here's a close up of the new Sith robes which I am very proud of (I completely repainted these things) and of my Mariana character in her full DS transition:

bt_sith.jpg

And now for all of those who want to be Han Solo:

smug_2.jpg

The mods that have been fixed/updated are Mariana, Smuggler's Wear, New Jedi Robes, and Color Crystals.

The new mods are the New Sith Robes, and All Mod Compatible (this will make all of my mods compatible with one another).

BeatleTrekkie Studios

Just go to Games-->Mods-->KotOR 1

Thanks and enjoy!

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

All of them look great. I think the DS transition looks very good especially. I sometimes forget how much better the DS transitions for KotOR were compared to TSL...

Well, I painted that one myself and made her eyes more like Anakin's from the new movie. (They're yellowish and have slight glow thanks to my understanding of the alpha channels and txi files.)

Now that I've got K2 installed on my PC I may start working on some K2 mods... who knows..

Now that I've got K2 installed on my PC I may start working on some K2 mods... who knows..

Wow this is great. If your as fast whipping out K2 mods as you were for K1 that will be wonderful. Especially if you convert those robes of yours to K2. Who knows you may even find a PM asking if you would like your mods included in the Holowan Plugin for TSL if your not careful.

There are still a few more mods I want to work on for K1 before I start on K2 but I am coming up with some ideas already. I may make something simular to the Sith robes for K2 if it's requested.. ;)

Who knows you may even find a PM asking if you would like your mods included in the Holowan Plugin for TSL if your not careful.

Cool!

Archived