Home

mixed reviews from uk press

rut-wa jodar

well, i've learned not to trust what other people say. i liked the first one and loved the second one, which apparently were flops for everyone else. Either way, more people go to see star wars just because it's star wars rather than because they think it will be good. star wars has such a hardcore backing that they could release a special edition of the christmas special and we would all rush out to buy it!! ....mkay, maybe not THAT diehard....

Originally posted by Zee Deveel

89% on the Tomatometer right now, thats a good sign indeed, already theres been a mass of reviews flowing in, and seeing as TPM and AOTC hit around 65-68, i believe its going to average around 70-75, this is good indeed. Personally i cant be bothered for a critics review.

Star Wars Tomatometer

After all the bitching and moaning about how the prequals are the worst movies ever made, they both got "fresh" ratings. I guess, like we all know, most people liked them after all...

I think people hate the prequels because it's mostly story to give details so they don't have to weigh down episode 3 with explanation.

The first two episodes provide more detail than people look at, or care to look at for that matter because they want everything handed to them.

They're good movies, especially when looked at in proper light (the whole saga as a single picture). They do their job perfectly. Much more fun to watch than the OT, probably not. But they're not bad films.

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

Having played EP3 game,and seen some of the ingame movie footage, I have to admit there are some occasional wooden performances in a few scenes.

Kind of like the other 5 films. :)

In 1999, just about all the critics hated EPI.

In 2002, maybe about half the critics liked EPII and half hated it.

Does anyone see a pattern here? As we get closer and closer to EPIII, things get darker and the critics tend to like the movies more. Still, I don't really care what the critics say since I liked EPI better than EPII. But InsaneSith is right. The first two movies are just to explain this one and this is what we've all been waiting for. I will go see the movie and make my own judgement afterwards.

Lets face it EPI and EPII really hurt the chances of EPIII becoming big, not saying it won't or can't or EPI and EPII were the worst movies of all time, its just that there is not much that will beat what most of us all know and grew up with (The OT)

Archived