Home

[REL] TSL Hak Pad Mod now available!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mrdefender

Dang. Was about to release my own version of this mod I made back in may.

Oh well, all in good fun :)

What's up with pcgamemods today, I've been trying to download it for the last 10 minutes and I'm on a broadband isp... :confused:

I don't suppose you have uploaded this mod somewhere else?

No rules saying you can't release it man, maybe we can learn from each other and how we incorporated stuff :)

As for another download location, you can download the mod at my site (JumpStationZ) as well. The link is in my sig (just go to the mods section) :D

~

Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-

No idea, haven't encountered that one before. That's the disadvantage of being just one person with one computer to test on, hard to find all odd things that can happen to others but conveniently never happens to yourself. :)

@yohan: Did this happen as soon as you pressed the button to start the installation? Was the info-text cleared before it happened? What OS version and OS language are you using? Have you installed any other mods that use the same installer app, and if so did the same happen there?

Okay, I'm using an English OS. (However I have installed an East Asian Language recently).

I don't think I have used this kind of program before.

The error screen with the RichEdit error appears after I click the YES on the confirm window and the RTF window appears.

However only one line appears before the error screen appears which is...

?Installation started 7/10/2005 2:32:35 PM...

Thanks for the help!

~

Originally posted by yohan

Okay, I'm using an English OS. (However I have installed an East Asian Language recently).

I don't think I have used this kind of program before.

The error screen with the RichEdit error appears after I click the YES on the confirm window and the RTF window appears.

I just re-read your first post and noticed the word "extracted" (as in the function?)... try this way instead (if you haven't already)..

When you open the .rar file you'll see a folder named "TSL Hak Pad". Now, instead of extracting the contents, drag-n-drop that entire folder (not just the contents) onto tyour desktop. Don't use the extract function, just a simple drag should do.

Once the folder is on your desktop, open it and you'll see the "Source" folder, the "tslpatchdata" folder, the readme.txt and the "Install_TSLHakPad.exe" file.

Double-click the .exe file to start the install.

Do you get the error message now? OR if you get past that point and it asks you where your game install is, make sure you point it to the KotOR II game folder. Default path is:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

Does it come up with the error message now?

I'm not sure but I think if you use "extract" it saves folder path information that could possibly mess up something (I didn't pack the .rar with folder paths).

If that's not the problem, make sure you're not running the install.exe from inside the override folder.. that will mess stuff up... best to run it from your desktop, then once it's installed... move the folder to your choosing (again, NOT the override folder)... the installer should copy, append and edit any file it needs to so there shouldn't be any "active" work for you to do rather than double-click the install.exe...

Let me know if that helps :)

~

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

I just re-read your first post and noticed the word "extracted" (as in the function?)... try this way instead (if you haven't already)..

When you open the .rar file you'll see a folder named "TSL Hak Pad". Now, instead of extracting the contents, drag-n-drop that entire folder (not just the contents) onto tyour desktop. Don't use the extract function, just a simple drag should do.

Once the folder is on your desktop, open it and you'll see the "Source" folder, the "tslpatchdata" folder, the readme.txt and the "Install_TSLHakPad.exe" file.

Double-click the .exe file to start the install.

Do you get the error message now? OR if you get past that point and it asks you where your game install is, make sure you point it to the KotOR II game folder. Default path is:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2

Does it come up with the error message now?

I'm not sure but I think if you use "extract" it saves folder path information that could possibly mess up something (I didn't pack the .rar with folder paths).

If that's not the problem, make sure you're not running the install.exe from inside the override folder.. that will mess stuff up... best to run it from your desktop, then once it's installed... move the folder to your choosing (again, NOT the override folder)... the installer should copy, append and edit any file it needs to so there shouldn't be any "active" work for you to do rather than double-click the install.exe...

Let me know if that helps :)

The 'Extract function doesn't seem to be the problem because I just redid it and the same error message apeeared

I don't get a window that asks me where the KOTOR II file path is.

The error screen appears after the confirm window appears asking....

Are you sure you want to install? Be sure if you have a spells.2da file, it is in your main override folder, NOT in a sub-folder.

After clicking yes the installlog.rtf appears with the ?Installation started with the RichEdit error.

~

I've tried to mess around with the installer in any way I could think of, but I can't reproduce that error, so I have no idea what could be causing it.

Are you using Windows XP? Do you have a 64 bit processor?

As a last resort, try this: Go into the tslpatchdata folder and find the changes.ini file. Open this with notepad and look for a key named LogLevel under the [settings] section. Change the value from 3 (I assume) to 0 and save the modified changes.ini file.

This should deactivate the progress log and do a "silent" install, which will hopefully bypass the error. The disadvantage of this is that you won't know how the installation proceeds and you won't see any errors/warnings etc it encounters.

A bit ironic, I made that application to make it easier for people to install some types of mods, but it seems like it creates more problems than it solves. :)

~

Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-

I've tried to mess around with the installer in any way I could think of, but I can't reproduce that error, so I have no idea what could be causing it.

Are you using Windows XP? Do you have a 64 bit processor?

As a last resort, try this: Go into the tslpatchdata folder and find the changes.ini file. Open this with notepad and look for a key named LogLevel under the [settings] section. Change the value from 3 (I assume) to 0 and save the modified changes.ini file.

This should deactivate the progress log and do a "silent" install, which will hopefully bypass the error. The disadvantage of this is that you won't know how the installation proceeds and you won't see any errors/warnings etc it encounters.

A bit ironic, I made that application to make it easier for people to install some types of mods, but it seems like it creates more problems than it solves. :)

THANK THE LORD!!! IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Thanks for the help the program works fine now...

I modified the changes.ini file like you said and it worked!

However I think it was my RTF file that was screwing up the installation...

THANKS!!! Hak pad works great!!!

~

Originally posted by yohan

THANK THE LORD!!! IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Thanks for the help the program works fine now...

hehehe... glad you're enjoying it :D

@stoffe

Hmm... I would've never thought of that little trick, thanks for coming to the rescue! :)

Though even with this incident, I'm still going to keep placing "#3" option for install logging ;)

At least now, I know of a 'fix' if the problem should arise again... :)

Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi

I have just 1 more question about this :p

In the Misc Menu for the items, where are the components?

I looked and I didnt found them.

Components don't have an specific item?

If so, then which item there can be used to make lots of it?

Yah, I noticed this too :fist:

Apparently when adding components/chemicals and such.. they appear as broken items in a store's inventory...(damn it all)...

The broken items can be 'broken down' into components for use with the workbench, but unfortunately it still doesn't solve the missing chemicals... :(

I'm working on a booster pack that will correct this 'oversight'.. by adding another node similiar to the ATM function... From there, you'll be able to receive chemicals and components...

I should have it done sometime within the week... sorry about that, but there will be other goodies released with the Booster Pack as well to make up for it.. hehehe :D

Dang! You people make my job easy. I was thinking of revising the Emporium, but I see that ChAiNz.2da has done a far better job in functionality than the original Emporium. :)

I used it extensively after beating the game "clean", great job!

Andargor

Originally posted by andargor

Dang! You people make my job easy. I was thinking of revising the Emporium, but I see that ChAiNz.2da has done a far better job in functionality than the original Emporium. :)

You will ALWAYS the the "Master" man :D

and as a "bonus".... I present the...

TSL Hak Pad Booster Pack v1.0

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/HakPadBooster1.htm

1. SUMMARY:

===========

** Attention **

This is NOT a standalone mod! You will need to download and

install my TSL Hak Pad Mod in order for this Booster Pack to

work. You can get my Hak Pad Mod at either of these 2 sites:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14083.html

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/HakPad.htm

----------------------------

This is an expansion pack to my TSL Hak Pad cheat mod. It

includes bug fixes for the chemicals and components functions.

Apparently chemicals and components appear as 'broken items'

when placed in a storefront. This Booster Pack adds a "give"

function to bypass this quirk. PLUS it adds a few more goodies!

- Added Lightside Mastery

- Added Darkside Mastery

- Added Create Chemicals Option

- Added Create Components Option

- Added Function to receive the Lightsaber Quest Parts!

- Added Function to "train" NPC's into a Jedi Class! (Hanharr

& Mandalore options included)

- Tweaked a few dialogue tree descriptions / categories

On a sidenote, thanks to feedback from the Original Hak Pad Mod,

I have found that this mod also works for the Xbox!

2. STATS: (with Booster Pack)

=============================

- Workbench

- Component Bench

- Medical Bench

- Virtual Items Storefront

- Awards LS / DS Points

- Dispense Credits

- Create Chemicals Option

- Create Components Option

- Receive the Lightsaber Quest Parts

- "Train" NPC's into a Jedi Class!

ENJOY! :D

ChAiNz.2da, I've just released Holowan Cloakworks 2:

http://www.andargor.com/files/holowan_cloakworks2.zip

Would it be possible to include it in the Hak Pad under "Disguises"? All the armbands are labeled, so that would make it easy to choose one, and whittle out the bad ones.

Like I said, no sense to re-release the Emporium since you've done a better job with the Hak Pad, but integrating Cloakworks in a shopping mod is something I'd always wanted to do.

Andargor

Originally posted by andargor

Would it be possible to include it in the Hak Pad under "Disguises"? All the armbands are labeled, so that would make it easy to choose one, and whittle out the bad ones.

Consider it done! :D

I'll start on it when I get home from work, however if you want... you can make a Disguise Shop and tweak the dialogue options in the Hak Pad (I'd use the .dlg from my latest Booster Pack) to point to an "Andagor Disguise" Shop.

Since the Hak Pad was pretty much inspired by your work, you of all people definitley have "permission" to alter the Hak Pad and re-release as a public mod :)

Just let me know if you intend to, otherwise I'm going to start working on it when I get home ;)

I'll start on it when I get home from work, however if you want... you can make a Disguise Shop and tweak the dialogue options in the Hak Pad (I'd use the .dlg from my latest Booster Pack) to point to an "Andagor Disguise" Shop.

Since the Hak Pad was pretty much inspired by your work, you of all people definitley have "permission" to alter the Hak Pad and re-release as a public mod :)

Just let me know if you intend to, otherwise I'm going to start working on it when I get home ;)

Nah, I'd like to not mix up the cards, I'd rather it be integrated in your mod.

You can start now if you wish, but I'll investigate the options mentionned in my release thread to see if I can produce something "lighter". So you can wait a bit if you wish.

I have to absorb all this new knowledge. I could have something as early as tonight (EST), or a couple of days at most.

Andargor

Hey ChAiNz :confused: I"m confused :D (big suprise? ;) )

Why would he need to put out another version? I'm just learning about your KILLER mod here now and will be reading up on it today. From what I can tell though can't he just edit one of the "extra" 2da items lists and make them buildable there? Then he could just release the edited .2da with the cloakworks?

Sorta like I'm gonna do for Svösh's rob fix models? Make your files and put a linkie to the original modders work kind of thing.

I'm prob. wrong but if you could do that it would keep your download numbers going since it would now also be part of another mod and be required to run it :D

Originally posted by General Kenobi

Hey ChAiNz :confused: I"m confused :D (big suprise? ;) )

Why would he need to put out another version? I'm just learning about your KILLER mod here now and will be reading up on it today.

Well, all it would be really is a Booster Pack (like my latest)... I'll always keep it so that you'll have to download the original Hak Pad, and I'll just build on to it from there.

(though I'm not really interested in the download counts... my site gets much more traffic for my mods than PCGM surprising enough)....

One thing that I'm going to try and do is make future Boosters "backwards compatible" meaning Booster Pack 2 (coming soon.. hehehe) will include the new stuff PLUS whatever was done in Booster Pack 1... etc. etc. ;)

Kewl bean :thumbsup:

Any thoughts/ideas as to if this would cause conflicts with Holowan Plugin from DK?

I was debating on installing the PaC and the Booster for it in my current game. If you feel there are ANY chances of a flub up I won't since I'm sorta testin' it for DK in a run through.

Thanks

General Kenobi

Archived