Home

Adding Locations Together

Originally posted by jmac7142

Is it possible to add locations together, for instance: (vVec, r) + (vVec2, r2), or lLoc + lLoc2?

You can add vectors together, but I don't think you can add locations (don't quote me on that, it's just a vague memory).

Use GetPositionFromLocation() to extract the vector from a location, and GetFacingFromLocation() to get the rotation part, then you can use maths on them as usual.

Perhaps you could use the following functions (extract from nwscript):

[size=1]
object GetFirstObjectInShape(int nShape, float fSize, location lTarget, int bLineOfSight=FALSE, int nObjectFilter=OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, vector vOrigin=[0.0,0.0,0.0]);

object GetNextObjectInShape(int nShape, float fSize, location lTarget, int bLineOfSight=FALSE, int nObjectFilter=OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, vector vOrigin=[0.0,0.0,0.0]);

[/size]

Perhaps you could use the following functions (extract from nwscript):

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

object GetFirstObjectInShape(int nShape, float fSize, location lTarget, int bLineOfSight=FALSE, int nObjectFilter=OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, vector vOrigin=[0.0,0.0,0.0]);

object GetNextObjectInShape(int nShape, float fSize, location lTarget, int bLineOfSight=FALSE, int nObjectFilter=OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, vector vOrigin=[0.0,0.0,0.0]);--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I need different levels to make explosions occur in a pattern kind of like a spiral, for instance:

where a "*" is an explosion and they're in a 4x4 square and a 2x2 square inside of that.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

oops, I'll get the link fixed later. That was due to a server problem back in July: we lost several threads and the url has changed since it was posted on our website. You will find the USM thread here:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149509

EDIT: I went ahead and changed it already. I was on SWK "playing" anyways :D ~ ChAiNz.2da

Archived