Home

THX 1138 Rating ?

urluckyday

It was originally GP. Not sure why they rerated this movie and not others from back then which deserve higher ratings. Planet of the Apes is G for crying out loud. I'd rate it PG or PG-13 for the violence, language, nudity, and thematic elements.

As for THX, the rating is too high. I would rate it PG-13 personally. It's not prolonged or anything. They got away with it in Titanic, why not this? I personally hated this movie. I had to turn it off when Duvall was in that big white room being tazered and stuff. Maybe there's more nudity later?

I'm not sure why Titanic got away with nudity and the F word and the other language. Maybe it's because it's a f***ing 3 hours long and the length of the film has something to do with it.

I'll bet the ratings board all had to go to the bathroom right when the nudity came up because the movie was so long, so they didn't see, or they just fell asleep before anything bad happened. :guiness:

:cheers:

Go with Chase's desc. I remember the holo woman, but it's pretty brief. I did fail to remember the machine thing. Yeah.... That part was a bit odd as was everything else in the movie. I really didn't understand what was going on. :p

Our rating system blows. I personally think Canada's is better.

And as for my av, I have all three boxsets of Seinfeld even though it must be on 20+ times per week ;)

Could somebody explain the Canadian system to me because I think I see their ratings on DVDs all the time.

They have G, PG, 14, and 18. Older DVDs say R instead of 18. I doubt there is a difference. Here's an example of what I've seen.

-All our G movies are G there.

-Some PG movies, like Napoleon Dynamite, are G there. The rest are PG there or 14 (depending on whether or not our PG movie was made before PG-13 came around to being)

-Some PG-13 movies, like Ladder 49, are PG there. The rest are 14.

-Some R movies, like the Matrix Trilogy, are 14 there. The rest, like Saving Private Ryan, are 18.

They're basically alot less strict about content. THX is rated 14 there, if memory serves. Outta curiosity, I'll check it out at work next time I'm there. Most DVDs have a number or letter in a Maple Leaf near our rating. That's the Canadian rating...

Thanx fot the info. I have noticed the Canadian rating on most of the DVDs I have. Doesn't seem that noticable though.

Do they print the American rating on DVDs up in Canada?

No clue. But not all American DVDs seem to have the rating on them.

You need to get out more. A a pair of real boobies right in front of your face that you can touch are the sexiest kind. It's just a fact. Duh.

So grab a beer :guiness: and grab your self some real boobies instead of the holograph kind.

:eekanime: ......nough said......

Only on VHS. It's rated GP which is an odd rating. I think it's the same as PG. Keep in mind though that PG-13 didn't exist then and it would most likely be that. And the Director's Cut just has better effects I think, not all the sex stuff. I think that was there to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Can I ask why you're asking about this? It's not that great a movie anyways. If you're worried about it not being suitable for younger viewers, believe me. They won't enjoy it. I know I didn't. It couldn't hold my attention, it sure as hell won't do so for anyone younger than 15 or so (who have probably seen far worse than the sexual content in this....)

Can I ask why you're asking about this? It's not that great a movie anyways. If you're worried about it not being suitable for younger viewers, believe me. They won't enjoy it. I know I didn't. It couldn't hold my attention, it sure as hell won't do so for anyone younger than 15 or so (who have probably seen far worse than the sexual content in this....)

I personally have watched almost all of George Lucas' work, except for THX. I really don't know what to expect, and I'll probably see it regardless of opinions. I just wanted to know why it was rated R.

:vsd:

What did you think of 'Howard The Duck' ?? :p

mtfbwya

I was gonna ask the same thing. I agree with Sith though. You may very well enjoy it. The pacing is all off, the characterization isn't too good, and it just calls to ask WTF to many times for my liking. I suppose I'm being to hasty in saying it sucks. I didn't mean that. It's not for everyone is all.

Just check it out. And content descriptors are your friend. It says right on the box below the R rating for sexuality/ nudity ;) What other Lucas things have you seen? Willow is good (wrote that and produced it), as was Labyrinth (he just produced that one). I'm sure you've seen Indy so I won't even talk about that. And American Graffiti? How's that? Not your typical Lucas film is it?

Archived