Home

THX 1138 Rating ?

urluckyday

I liked THX. Seen it a bunch of times. I own the white box set version of the newly restored and enhanced director's cut.

It's a movie that pretty much forces you to think about the issues behind it, rather than just being able to enjoy it from a purely casual entertainment standpoint.

There's a lot of 1984 overtones there.

Our TV and movie ratings are totally different. In fact, our TV ratings are more like your ratings than our movie ones. But yeah, even when they say it's 'uncut' there's still the matter of language that still is censored. Prvt Ryan on ABC is the one thing I've truly seen 'uncut' as advertised, which is quite surprising due to how graphic and colorful the language is in that film.

...it's very out there...

yeah, THX grew out of an experimental short GL made while at film school(USC, I think) Interestingly enough, Lucas says that after handing the SW series over and finishing Indy 4, he wants to get into some more "different" type stuff. One project is a feature about African WW2 Pilots IIRC...GL has already asked Sam Jackson to be in it, which he has tentatively confirmed :D (this was actually mentioned in an e-book about the making of ROTS)

mtfbwya

Archived