Home

Does anybody know the name...

RicardoLuigi...

...Of this one game, I completely forgot what it was called but I remember playing it when I was little...it might've been back in like '96? '97? I dunno.

Anyway, I remember there was a command prompt at the bottom of the screen, where you actually had to type in what you wanted the guy to do. And here are some specific details I remember:

-There was this one room where "Igor" was in there and you had to tell him to press a certain button...

-There was a dumbbell somewhere in the house

-The game was kinda creepy

-Outside the house was a huge metal gate

-There was this girl named Penelope and she had something to do with it, I think you were supposed to find her?

-I remember something like when you tried to use the phone, it didn't work and the line was dead...

...I can't remember for the life of me the name of this game, and it's driving me nuts. I don't know if it was well-known or anything? Oh yeah, and the name "Hugo" seems to ring a bell, I don't know why...

...Anyway, help me out if you can. Thanks :)

...Of this one game, I completely forgot what it was called but I remember playing it when I was little...it might've been back in like '96? '97? I dunno.

Anyway, I remember there was a command prompt at the bottom of the screen, where you actually had to type in what you wanted the guy to do.

Which describes just about every Text based game that was around before our grumpy gamer co-created SCUMM.

Sorry, no idea, but I daresay someone around here will.

-There was this girl named Penelope and she had something to do with it, I think you were supposed to find her?

[...]

Oh yeah, and the name "Hugo" seems to ring a bell, I don't know why...

...Sounds like a part of the "Hugo's House Of Horror" series...

EDIT: ...Seems like Alien already mentioned that one post above me... :o

• 1 month later...
I used to play that game when I was little... about 90, 91.

Wow, how old are you now? Must be pushing triple figures.

I remember that game, it was part of a trilogy. I remember enjoying it, back in those days when it was pretty much the most hi-tech adventure game you could get. You could die in several places, and it was possible to get stuck because you forgot to pick something up earlier in the game, but overall, it was quite fun. I'm going to have to dig out the install disk for it now...

Hey man, I've reached the ancient and creaky age of 20. I'm practically falling apart.....

I think I got the first of the games on a CD around here somewhere, some bizarre classic game release thing or something. I believe it also contained Captain Comic. YES!

The second game in the Hugo series kinda sucked, the maze was hard at age 7.

Archived