Home

stargate possible conversion

SITHSLAYER133

hard but not impossible. Take Stoffe for example. A KILLER modder and I'd bet money could script a stargate with effort. Look at her force powers! Some of the effects she uses I'd never even seen before. ;) Besides if you can make steam or smoke you can make a wormhole threshold point. :D

It will be a monumental undertaking for the Stargate(s) but man o man how sweet it will be ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess i was rong... maybe this will go somewhere but im still concerned about copyrite laws... i dont mean to sound like a pesimist but having dialog done doesnt mean that the models and modules are guna work out... i really hope it does but u have to remember that to my knowledge module editing still isnt possible so its gonna be hard to do something... i really hope this works out...

can i make a sugestion? instead og having consuler guardian and sentinels make it human jaffa and tok'ra (once they go darkside they can get the goa'uld eyes and stuff)

also all the goa'uld abilities and stuff open up alot of opprotunity for force powers... the hand thing the healing (could also be done as a feat) etc.

good luck and try and make sure not to break copyrite so that it isnt removed the minute its put up

by the way the symbols are glyphs and the triangle things on the gate that light up are the chevrons

@Masterchief. Creating new modules from scratch are not possible yet however we can edit existing modules and add placeables into them. We can also create new modules by reusing existing modules. We can even retexture modules that are currently available.

@Darth InSidious. Thanks for the spelling correction. In stargate they use Cartouches interchangeabley as the symbols themselves found across the galaxy. That is one of there few inconsistancies throughout the show. That's why I just stick to trying to refer to the symbols as cartouches.

However the Chevrons are the Triangular pieces that light up when they become locked. Whence they use this popular phrase. "Chevron 1 Encoding, Chevron 2 encoding, ...., Chevron 7 encoded and locked."

k sith slayer wtf is your problem????? i said i hope it works out im just saying that there is such thing as copyright and ur guna get in trouble with it if u arent careful! ur just pissy cuz i made the jaffa armour before ur conversion was done. i had the thread up here and u never said anything to me while i was making it. why didnt u just ask me not to and give me a good reason! and i never said i was guna give u skinning help.

when i posted my mod u said u asked me and then u changed ur mind. so dont flip out on me over something that i never offered to do. and u are not the first person to come up with a stargate idea ur just the first one to actually try anything. ive tried bein positive and if im not mistaken darth333 said "I don't mind a small custom skin mod inspired by other sources than StarWars. However, a massive conversion mod using someone else's intellectual property, such as importing the Stargate world into Kotor, rises copyrights issues." ive had my say and if this mod gets removed dont start b****in because darth333 is a lawyer so u shud take her advice seriously.

yeah sure il help... ive already started some loading screens and the main menu stuff. ive also done a really simple reskin of nihilus into anubis... al i really had to do was make the mask black and add some white in on certain parts so he had the glow he got from being ascended, and just for fun i changed the cantina music to the charlie mopps beer beer beer song... i dont know if u want that or not but i thot it was funny... made it seem more human.

im not sure about all the legal parts of this so i have some questions... some about legality some not... when the game boots up and is just beginning it shows the picture of nihilus sion and visas with the legal information about the copyright for starwars... ive modified the picture to be a stargate sg1 team and stuff but ive left the legal information there... does anyone know if the legal information needs to stay?

also can anyone tell me where all the cantina songs are in kotor tool... ive replaced them and forgot to back them up... i dont wana replace everything without being able to return it all to normal if i screw up... if you could send me the originals that would be great to... the ones i need are in the stremsounds folder under the names of:

al_cantina_band

al_bar_beat_03

al_jazz

finnally i need to know what planets each planet is being made after... ive done ebon hawk load screens and the start up ones changed the kotor2 logo to the sg1 one but i dont know what to make the load screens for the planets because i dont know what planet onderon for example is being converted to... if someone could drop me a pm with the list of planets or put it onto this forum i would gladly do them for u... and once all the models and things are done il see if theres anyhting i can skin... the dhd and gate would probably be a bit of a challenge to get all the chevrons on... i dont even know if i COULD do that so we may have to ask someone else that has lots of experience with skins.

by the way for all the songs in the game we'll need to have samples of stargate songs instead if full versions... this shouldnt be a problem... anyone with windows xp can cut parts of a wave file out but it isnt very precise... i can do that but no more so if someone else has programs for that they should do it instead... id rather stick with reskining menus and items but if u want me to il do the music too.

k ive got a bunch of things for the loaders and launchers done... i finnished the launcher with a clip of the opening theme for the show and a goa'uld hand weapon for the click... i can send it to u if ud like... ive also done the loading screens for the ebon hawk (entering it and the prologue damaged picture) ive also completed the legal thing at the begining and the loading screen for when you start a new game. i need to know what planets the others are going to be converted to before i attempt their load screens. once all the item models are done il gladly help with the textures if you need me to. ive also done a simple reskin of nihilius face to make him look more like anubis after his ascension/descension i didnt do the robes or anything im not to concerned about that now.

also since the name of the game is the "sith lords" it would be really easy to convert the enemies to "system lords"

nihilus:anubis

sion:apophis

traya:nirrti or osiris in the female host

ive recoloured the green in the load screens are in a stargateish blue.

so tell me what planets their being converted to and il do the load screens. id like to suggest the harbinger become a goa'uld mother ship or a tok'ra ship defeated by sion/apophis and that korriban become abydos.

ps ive even got the original song by john williams done for the movie

by the way its spelt tok'ra not toqra

and for humans you could just give them boosted health or extra weapon proficiency that the others cant get.

and sentinels are to crapy to be nox. the nox can like raise the dead and stuff. sith slayer is right. humans are best.

its always best if we stick to species that all people should recognise

about the prestige classes... since the ascended people are no longer corporeal beings its really odd to make them a prestige class...

id like to say for the dark side ones you could use

system lord:sith lord

sith assasin:Ashrak (species of trained killers for the goa'uld)

sith marauder: first prime (because first primes are evil)

light side could be

jedi weapon master:shol'vah (what jaffa are when the betray there "god" goa'uld and join the rebellion.

jedi watchmen: tok'ra operative (by the way tok'ra literally means "against ra" who was the first goa'uld to figure out they could capture human hosts)

jedi master:tollan (humans that grew incredibly fast in technowledgy when taken off planet by the goa'uld)

and for sith assasins they should become jaffa foot soldiers

and the mandalorian camp should be a tok'ra camp

dark jedi of all types should become superjaffa/kull wariors (anubis's special jaffa genetically modified and enhanced by the ancient's technology

also if anyone still needs an image of the dhd with all the chevrons on it ive got one.

and would someone PLEASE tell me what we're turning the planets into!! il get started on load screens for the mandalorian/tok'ra base

posts merged by D333. Please use the edit button instead of double and tripple posting.

Shol'va= former jaffa whome now practice cunning, resourcfulness, and subterfuge rather than the traditional jaffa way. Class skills : demolitions, computer, stealth

Jaffa footsoldier= standard jaffa whome is trained in the arts of war and have undying loyalty to thier gods.

First Prime = jaffa whome has been givent the honor to serve as his God's Right hand, these jaffa have seen the power of thier god's and tend to either be utter loyal or easily turned to a shol'va as they see more than any jaffa does of his god. They tend to see the weakness, fear, and source of the Magic that they supposidly wield which steers them to become the greatest of loyal followers or the most dangerous of Shol'va.

goa'uld Warmaster: When a goau'ld larvae becoms a full goa'uld he must live his existance as a servent of a Systemlord waiting till the day he can achieve the status as well. One such servitude is becoming a Warmaster for his Lord, which is a command of 1 hat'ak mothership and the compliment of jaffa as well. Warmasters are given the task of enforcing the system lords wrath and tyanny against any usurping planets within the goa'uds system. More often than not they are also always battling against other opposing system lords and thier warmaste's.

Goa'uld Tyrant: When a goau'ld larvae becoms a full goa'uld he must live his existance as a servent of a Systemlord waiting till the day he can achieve the status as well. One such service is becoming a goa'uld tyrant, which the young goa'uld is tasked with maintaing a world under his masters rule. it is thier job to ensure that worlds have unyielding faith and devotion to there gods, mine resources, and other task suited for slaves. More often than not the tyrants usually make alliances with warmasters to secretely build and maintain thier own armies in hopes to one day rise to much more power within the goa'uld feudal system.

presitge classes: Any goa'uld class is a prestige only for Humans, as they have become Hosts to a goa'uld (evil classes of coarse), Tok'ra should be for good humans, First prime for evil jaffa, shol'va for good jaffa, such.

Weapns:

Human: FnP90 (Sub machine Gun), Barreta 9mm, HK mk23 (.45acp SOCOM), Grenade (frag, or stun).

Jaffa: Staff weapon, Zaknika'tel, TAC,

Tok'ra: Kara Kesh (Hand device), Zatnika'tel, TERs

Goauld: Kara Kesh, Hara Kesh (ashrak/zatarc hand device)

if you need any help with a good story idea i got a few, im a SG fanatic with 1-7 dvd boxes, tvzone mags, all AEG PnP books, and some of the sg-1 comics.

Archived