Home

The Nightlight dilemma

MJ

Well guys, I've finished the first part of Lost Cause II... and I haven't put it up for one very important reason:

I want there to be people around Nightlight to listen to it.

Nightlight has a rather tricky problem in that nobody will actually know that something like this is on the web unless they stumble across the website. No websites link to Nightlight, no one mentions when there's a new radio series starting, and really, it seems to be by accident that most of the people find their way here.

I hate to say it, but the biggest returning link to Nightlight at the moment is when I have a link in my signature when I post at the Image Comics forum.

So at the moment, I'm holding off putting Lost Cause II up until I can try to drum up a bit of business for it. I remember when the original Lost Cause hit the 'airwaves' there was a jediknight website that was reporting on it, and resulting in Nightlight getting around 500 hits a day... that'd be nice.

I'm trying to get the attention of theforce.net, so far no good though.

Shouldn't be too long, guys.

Well, I'll happily link to you on grimfandango.net which still manages to bring in a good number of daily visits, and I'm sure the same can be applied to mojo. Other than that, getting a site known and visited consistently is tricky business. :~

22902200727.jpg

Here's one I just knocked up in (literally) ten minutes. It may be a bit big, I haven't checked yet. It also doesn't have a border or anything. You can sort that out. Anyway, it should prove an adequate stand in until MJ's recovers and provides us with a proper one (or another forumite shows me up). But could someone give me the HTML to make an image link. I have a vague idea, but I always get it wrong.

Oh man... Mojo will totally pimp Nightlight up so much that it'll think that it's been raped. It's totally understandable that you want a wider audience (hell, if you ask me you deserve no less than intergalactic fame!) and I'll do everything I can to help you.

So... news updates on Mojo is a definite. I've added Nightlight to our hosted site database (technically correct really since it's all hosted on the same server) and I was thinking that maybe I could write a feature about Nightlight since it's been ages since you've been in the news (and I only realised that just now). I dunno, some kind of crazy interview with pictures and a look at creating Lost Cause and Tierra/Beneath Monkey Island would be really cool... but it's 3am now and I'm going away for a while and I won't be back till Tuesday, but have a think about that. I'd be thrilled to give you all the coverage Mojo can manage!

Hehe... I wonder if I can get away with replacing the Psychonauts banner with a Nightlight one. :p

Can someone give me a brief understandable, articulate, executive, relevant, cogent, meaningful, ace, summary without hesistation to my administation. Thank you.

Lost Cause 2 starts soon. Keep a change of underpants on standby, you'll need them.

Archived