Home

Secret rooms on Malachor?

REDJOHNNYMIKE

@Fred, SWEEEET!!!

you gotta admit I was close though, right:D

Did you make that art custom, or use a tool?

What you see is a 3DS Max render of the KotOR model. This is the lower-res version of the map for use in Kotor Tool's module editor. The high-res version would have been to big; it's 2524 x 4575 pixels! :)

@Fred, I kinda figured it was something like that, I saw a screenshot of one of those programs in a tutorial, oh and in case I read the wrong one, what's the best module editing tutorial?

@Archon, Well, how do you have big plans for fishy if he doesn;t exist in your plans?

Are you just deleting him to make more room...

And from henceforth fishy will be dubbed FUNKY TUNA

And I'm glad you got rid of that fog, fog is fitting for the location, but that fog just looked wierd.

@Maker, You have every right to be afraid...I can even feel them watching me as I speak <_< >_>

Fred, I kinda figured it was something like that, I saw a screenshot of one of those programs in a tutorial, oh and in case I read the wrong one, what's the best module editing tutorial?

I can't say that I am aware of any module editing tutorials that center around the use of Kotor Tool's module editor. That said, I am writing one of my own that will explain the new features I am adding to the editor, especially the new module properties editor. (take a look: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1876593#post1875580)

What is this 'fishy' ?

They probably refer to the Firaxan sharks (from KotOR1) that Obsidian placed on the Droid Planet maps inside the M4-78, Archon and IS-24 computer cores.

I'd guess they were placeholders for the actual droid avatars since it'd make no sense to have Manaan aquatic animals inside computers on a planet populated by droids. In particular since they are named after the Droid Intelligence in whose core they sit. They probably just never had the time to model those droids before the planet was scrapped. :)

Here are a few screenshots of them:

Big Fish (M4-78 Core)

Smaller Fish (IS-24 Core)

Another Smaller Fish (Archon II Core)

Thanks for the link Fred, Honestly I never read your thread because as soon as I saw the number of pages I thought, uh oh, loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad time:D

I guess I'll have to start though,

the only two tutorials I've found on the subject are the ones by DoomDealer and the "a guide to new area creation", Unfortunately, I can't get the ERF editor to install, So I can't actually do anything except make evil plans.

@slipstreme, IT'S FUNKY TUNA!!!

:D

@stoffe, It makes perfect sense...If you think about it...

Thanks for the link Fred, Honestly I never read your thread because as soon as I saw the number of pages I thought, uh oh, loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad time:D

I guess I'll have to start though,

the only two tutorials I've found on the subject are the ones by DoomDealer and the "a guide to new area creation", Unfortunately, I can't get the ERF editor to install, So I can't actually do anything except make evil plans.

You're not allowed to use Kotor Tool until you've read the whole thread! :D

Oh, so that's why I can't get any tools to work right, You've hacked my system and locked them until I master yours:D I did read a little before, but it seemed to be mostly pragamming jargon that I couldn't figure out.

I've been using DoomDealers tutorial for module editing, but it's for KI and uses a different Gff editor which I can't get installed for some reason.

Is there anything tutorialish that uses the K-GFF editor, because that one works well, it's just that everything works differently, and when you're reading a tutorial that tells you to click on a button with a star next to it (only in that editor) and select an option (usable editor doesn't have a similar sounding option) in a step by step manner, the whole thing fades to black quickly.

Archived