Home

Episode XX: The Jedi, the Sith, and the Hunger

Tysyacha

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riebe laughed. "A very good point..." Alyssa interrupted.

"And you could have a Jedi on board to deal with the strange things," she suggested. Riebe was already shaking her head.

"Alyssa," she said. "It sounds as if the man has already made up his mind to turn down this offer. If so, do you really think you can change his mind?"

Alyssa looked as if she wanted to say something, but then closed her mouth and said nothing.

Reynolds noticed that Riebe wasn't exactly thrilled with the job offer. He and the rest of the crew headed to the infirmary. Once there they approached the healer.

"Any news?" Asked Reynolds.

"She's recovering fine. When she wakes up she'll be good to go."

"Good."

"Anything interesting happen?" Asked Burne.

"She just went out for a walk, Elron brought her back."

Cuth frowned. "Elron?"

"Yeah. He was carrying her, she was pale, but the wound is hea..."

Cuth didn't hear the rest as he angrily walked out. He sensed Elron and went to him. Elron looked up, and Cuth, using what he had learned on the ship, pushed him against the wall.

"I know you want something from me. You chased me around until the crew protected me, and then you tried to negotiate for them to give me to you. But I'm tired of running, and I don't want you to go after the crew. So you want me, you got me. Just tell me: What the hell do you want from me?"

Elron was taken by surprise as Cuth forced him up against the wall. However, he easily snapped the bonds holding him and dropped lightly to the ground.

"First of all," he walked up, bearing down on him, "I'd rather you not insult me by challenging me, the weakling that you are. Secondly," he lowered his voice to a near-growling whisper, "For the moment, there is nothing I want of you. Anything you could tell me has been made known to me already. And, if it is Kayla you are asking me to stay away from, I will not. Trust me when I say that I mean no one any harm. Except, perhaps, those responsible for nearly killling her."

Archived