Home

Creepiest moments?

HMC

Woah. I'm afraid I don't get this one. Explain. NOW.

Does it need explaining? Okay. Well...

1. Did you SEE the way they kept on looking at eachother (well, when the G- Man Sewer Worker wasn't stuffing his face with the plunger). It was so obvious they had something going on.

2. (insert really cool, long, and smart sounding explanation of thier rich background with each other.)

3. (uhhh.....G-MEN!!!)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NO. NONONONONONONO.

FREAKING CENSOR NO.

And Klia, you're signature is totally misquoting me.

Alright...now that this thread sounds like a freakin orgy I'm going to stop posting in it.

I needed to misquote it..it sounds funnier.

Alright...now that this thread sounds like a freakin orgy I'm going to stop posting in it.

I needed to misquote it..it sounds funnier.

Why do you keep doing this to me? It's one thing to innuendo someone every once in a while, but all the time? Pssht. Spreading it thin.

RAWR. Another creepy moment in the game is watching Boyd as he has nervous spasms in front of the tower, ready to throw in the bottle and do his job... watch his face. So much detail.

Why do you keep doing this to me? It's one thing to innuendo someone every once in a while, but all the time? Pssht. Spreading it thin.

RAWR. Another creepy moment in the game is watching Boyd as he has nervous spasms in front of the tower, ready to throw in the bottle and do his job... watch his face. So much detail.

(This has turned into the creepy thread)

Another creepy part is when you steal Gloria's trophy. The face she makes...scary, just scary. Her voice is also pretty strange. It sounds like she's talking through something. Maybe that's more symbolism.

Cool but creepy.

Loboto's first brain expirement was creepy. The whole mind**** of it all. Gah! He walks like a spider and has a devil mouth. Something that makes him extremely cool.

Dude. I just stand for hours listening to what he says. Some funny...some just plain creepy.

Hmm, there are quite a lot.

Milla's nightmares, yes.

"Help us Milla... help us..."

"Why did you let us die...?"

And not really creepy, but a bit messed up: Clem and Crystal. You see them hiding poison behind their backs. You see them on the roof. (I actually thought they were trying to off Raz, at one point). Then Crystal goes on about they were trying to commit suicide. O.o Creepy in a not scary way.

I actually thought the scene where Loboto took out Dogen's brain was pretty scary, what with Dogen screaming in the background.

Ooh, looking at Boyd. You could tell he was meant to be insane with the design of his eyes, I thought. That sounds weird, though.

Talking about the insane aspect of the game made me sad. These people have a mental illness, the worse kind. It's not romantic, it's not funny, it's the sad side of humanity.

Dr. Loboto seemed like the comical interpretation of the monster that lives in children's closets. The one with the different colored eyes and the eternally laughing smile. Looking over some of my older monster drawing's of a child shows an eerily similiar face to Loboto's.

Yeah, I liked the way they didn't really try to sugarcoat that. I really liked the design of the minds of the insane.

Gloria's mind was done very well considering she's bipolar - they brought her past together with her illness, for what sort of world she lives in. With Boyd, he's a paranoid guy who believes in conspiracies... that was done excellently, in my opinion.

I like how it doesn't belittle insanity. With Loboto, it's a comedic view of an insane guy, I think, but it doesn't go, "and this isn't important", it just adds humour because frankly, he's in some scary scenes, and the humour covers over that - like the dialogue in the scene where Loboto removes Dogen's brain.

Talking about the insane aspect of the game made me sad. These people have a mental illness, the worse kind. It's not romantic, it's not funny, it's the sad side of humanity.

Dr. Loboto seemed like the comical interpretation of the monster that lives in children's closets. The one with the different colored eyes and the eternally laughing smile. Looking over some of my older monster drawing's of a child shows an eerily similiar face to Loboto's.

Hm. It seems you take the insanity of these characters very seriously.

I agree.

But even if the insanity is horribly sad and makes you want to cry, I know I did once in a while, the way they were brought to life was... well... scary. And yet funny. I'm not sure where the crip-crap you got the idea that some people think insanity is romantic, though...

Loboto didn't scare me in the way I expected he would. This is GOOD. As much as I like scary bad guys, I don't think I would like him as much if his personality was a forced type of scary. He's scary in his own way.

My childhood under-the-bed monster pictures look like him, too. Preminitions, perhaps? No smiley.

God damn. This is one emotional game.

Yeah, I liked the way they didn't really try to sugarcoat that. I really liked the design of the minds of the insane.

Gloria's mind was done very well considering she's bipolar - they brought her past together with her illness, for what sort of world she lives in. With Boyd, he's a paranoid guy who believes in conspiracies... that was done excellently, in my opinion.

I like how it doesn't belittle insanity. With Loboto, it's a comedic view of an insane guy, I think, but it doesn't go, "and this isn't important", it just adds humour because frankly, he's in some scary scenes, and the humour covers over that - like the dialogue in the scene where Loboto removes Dogen's brain.

Yeah they crossed a very fine line. The line of humour and being plain cruel and they did it brilliantly. They let the characters speak for themselves and let us interpret it at will.

When you visit more of the forum you'll see a lot of that interpreting.

One amazing part of Loboto's past is the whole Lungfish vault that he stars in. Go to the second part of that vault when you can only see his feet. It reminds me of something, I can't put my finger on it. Funny, but creep as you see it unfold and you can't stop it.

Hm. It seems you take the insanity of these characters very seriously.

I'm not sure where the crip-crap you got the idea that some people think insanity is romantic, though...

That's because I take insanity seriously. The romantic aspect of insanity infuriates me. I cannot stand it. They're completly ignoring and dumbing down the pain it is for loved ones and for the person. It's just another fetish that people have though, we can't stop them from thinking that.

The squirrels don't tell you to do anything people that's just you trying to fit in, sound clever, and be cool.

Thank god for DoubleFine.

That's because I take insanity seriously. The romantic aspect of insanity infuriates me. I cannot stand it. They're completly ignoring and dumbing down the pain it is for loved ones and for the person. It's just another fetish that people have though, we can't stop them from thinking that.

The squirrels don't tell you to do anything people that's just you trying to fit in, sound clever, and be cool.

Thank god for DoubleFine.

Thank you. I understand now...

I'm very tired of the people who go around saying 'omg i so crazy!'

DoubleFine, where would I be without you?

Archived